You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tom_Mack

Cant DL Update, need Help

10 comments in this topic

[STYX]
[STYX]
Members
17 posts
16,079 battles

With the new WGC, i can no longer update the game.  I've tried Port Forwarding and reinstalling the game multiple times, nothing works.  Any thoughts or ideas to correct this issue would be much appreciated. I've included a PIC below to show what happens...

T

Error2005WoWs.png

Edited by Tom_Mack

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,238 posts

on the left is WGC settings with general/updates/connection sections, checked those?

[STYX]
[STYX]
Members
17 posts
16,079 battles
24 minutes ago, Ozium said:

on the left is WGC settings with general/updates/connection sections, checked those?

I did sir, yes

Members
5 posts
25,019 battles

I took a look at Tom_Mack log files, and looks like he cannot connect to the torrent server.  He was able to update the game with the old launcher, but this is his first time using Wargaming center.  It his logs, he gets this error:  Error.UpdateGame.FailedToLoadTorrent

Also, cannot connect this:[Error.DistributedContent.UnableToContactServer] No response from "https://dl-wows-gc.wargaming.net/na/patches/wows_0.9.4.0.2506084_na/wows_0.9.4.0.2506084_na.torrent"

He disabled his anti-virus, and Wargaming Center has permission to go through the firewall.

This may be related to torrenting or his ISP blocking it, but was hoping someone from the community has a workaround, as his ISP is large and Im sure other players have the same ISP and are able to update.

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,238 posts
7 hours ago, Ramedog73 said:

He disabled his anti-virus,

AV's have been known to lie about being disabled in game mode etc in that they can still block things.

usually better to whitelist, trust, whatever his AV calls it the whole wows wgc and game folder (worse comes to worse can uninstall his AV reboot and try patch again then re-install it afterwards)

[WORX]
Members
13,245 posts
20,109 battles

There is a lot in play but yet so little information...

• Connection can be affected by changing the connection option in WGC
    • Set it to max and you should be good.
  • Firewalls settings not letting it connect.
  • Malware detectors settings triggered
  • Virus settings triggered
  • Modem Fire wall set as well.

A lot of programs may prevent your DL... Which one is it... I dont know, I just suggest where to look

[STYX]
[STYX]
Members
17 posts
16,079 battles

Final Update

Charter Spectrum does not allow or permit P2P ( Torrent ) file transfers or downloads across the network, therefore I am SOL.  Unless Wargaming offers other alternatives, like they did last week, I guess I'm done with WoWs.   Oh well, was a fun 16k games.

Peace