You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JTM78

P.E. Friedrich Skills

18 comments in this topic

Members
37 posts
3,552 battles

Hello and good day all, with the help I have recieved I decided against getting a tier 8+ premium. I did buy myself the P.E. Friedrich. This brings me to why I am here, I need a little help spending the 10 skill points for the captain.

I did watch a lot of Youtube videos about the game and premiums before I bought it. I watcha  video but can make out what a couple of the skill icons. They are at :24 in the video. If you can make them out or even have a better skill lay out please post them. Thanks for the help all.

[WORX]
Members
13,307 posts
20,159 battles
On 5/31/2020 at 3:16 AM, JTM78 said:

I did buy myself the P.E. Friedrich. This brings me to why I am here, I need a little help spending the 10 skill points for the captain.

The Pork Fried Rice is a fun defensive tier 6 ship, therefor IMO, you should spec her as a defensive ship..

I recommend the this BB build as follows...In prathasis, I'll add more skills for say a 19pt CPT. 

1. PM (PT)
  2. AR (EM, HA and JOAT are good)
  3. SE (Superintendent, Vigilance are great, it depends on your play style).
  4. CE (none).

Now you can play around to see what are you comfortable with...  The Pork Fried Rice is a very good defensive ship... I have a blast in playing her, she really dont resemble other German BBs.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

I'd consider two builds:

Secondary Build: Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Basics Of Survivability, Fire Prevention, Advanced Firing Training. With a Soxisix flag and the Slot 3 Secondary Mod you get 7.56km Secondaries, but you still have the most important survivability skills.

Pure Tank: Priority Target, Jack of All Trades, High Alert, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Basics of Survivability, Superintendent, FIre Prevention. With the Aiming Systems Mod in Slot 3.

I personally consider CE useless in the current meta for BB's.

• Cool 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,817 posts
16,745 battles

Not gonna lie this was probably the worst T6 BB you could have bought so I hope you'll enjoy her really.

As for the build, since she's not your average German BB with a turtleback and all the stuff that goes with German BB, I wouldn't even bother using it for secondaries.

I would run something like:

PT-->AR/EM(your pick)-->SI--->CE/FP (You'll have to pick both anyway so it's up to you which one to take first)--->BoS

For the module, I don't know the name but I run the modules that reduces the chance of having your MB knocked out, the module that reduces fire/flooding chance....Or flooding/fire damage, don't remember which one is at that spot, the aiming mod and the other module to counter fire/flooding

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles

PEF has crappy AP rounds for a German battleship.  You are going to be using a lot of HE against other battleships, but your AP rounds will be great against cruisers.  I went for a full secondary build with mine because the PEF is fast for a T6 battleship and you can close in when you need to or you can use the speed to get away.

I have found the PEF's speed to be helpful in dodging torpedoes from submarines.

The PEF is a horrible battleship if you play it like a battleship, if that makes sense

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,196 posts
5,913 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

3. SE (Superintendent, Vigilance are great, it depends on your play style)

Please dont. Biggest waste of 3 points

With 10 points I would suggest PT, EM or AR, SI, and FP or CE. With the last nine go back and get the ones you didnt take, as well as BoS

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,222 posts
2 hours ago, JTM78 said:

Hello and good day all, with the help I have recieved I decided against getting a tier 8+ premium. I did buy myself the P.E. Friedrich. This brings me to why I am here, I need a little help spending the 10 skill points for the captain.

I did watch a lot of Youtube videos about the game and premiums before I bought it. I watcha  video but can make out what a couple of the skill icons. They are at :24 in the video. If you can make them out or even have a better skill lay out please post them. Thanks for the help all.

Rank sprint will be t6? If so there will be subs.

Edited by jags_domain

[WORX]
Members
13,307 posts
20,159 battles
3 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

Please dont. Biggest waste of 3 points

With 10 points I would suggest PT, EM or AR, SI, and FP or CE. With the last nine go back and get the ones you didnt take, as well as BoS

It does articulate "Depending on play style"  And "In prathasis, I'll add more skills for say a 19pt CPT. "

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,196 posts
5,913 battles
31 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

It does articulate "Depending on play style"  And "In prathasis, I'll add more skills for say a 19pt CPT. "

Yeah, but SE is not really viable with ANY playstyle, outside of maybe arms race with the heals. Its litterally a microscopic amount of HP. One turret from another BB is gonna render the skill and thus your 3 points completley useless and wasted. On the other hand you can have an extra heal which is going to give you 10k more HP and longevity, or reduced fire time. I havent done the math but probably one fire with BoS reducing the time saves more HP than SE

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 hours ago, JTM78 said:

It has good secondaries and good AA for tier VI, so BFT and AFT are useful.  

Other skills I'd recommend -- Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Basics of Survival.  

That will take 13 points to get all of them.  

Manual Secondaries looks great, but combines a high cost with a big drawback.  

[WOLF4]
Members
395 posts
17,296 battles

You already get 4 heals SI I think is a waste and I use a secondary build and no CE 10 points pt or pm  , em  3 point skill  depends on how your going to build your ship  bos aft or vigilance and 4 point skill fp 

As noted above it is really going to depend on playstyle,

I like the PEF since WG changed the dispersion. When  AP on  battleships works best when 12k   10k and approximately and closer. The PEF is faster than most other BBs at its tier. Like any ship use it to its strengths.

Members
1,612 posts
10,688 battles

PEF is not a BB. The in game description is a lie. This is a Super heavy CA at tier 6 with an identity crisis.

Secondary spec, while fun, isn't strong enough on PEF to warrant building for it other than to meme.

Put it all into the main guns and survival. PEF has very un-german accuracy...far more accurate that people give it credit for. Play it like a heavy CA that has the potential to brawl out a short fight and it gets much better. It's not really as bad as people say it is but it's taken as a battleship because the game labels it as one. It's not a battleship.

Two things:

Your rudder shift is not as good as Bayern and sometimes you'll really feel it.

the 150mm strip of armor over your casemate where your secondaries are mounted will eat big pen damage if your opponent knows where to aim.  To mitigate that you'll have to take a really sharp angle where only your front turrets will be able to fire. Even then it'll still take big pen damage but not as often.

The HE is bad...to the point where you might even want to stick with AP even when someone is angled. Many say the AP is also bad but again...this is not a BB. The AP works and you eat CA. You can even do it 12-15km out more consistently than people would tell you is possible. I have been accused of hacking many times since the day I got it so it's not a fluke. Take that for what it's worth to you. *shrugs*

Against other BB your AP will work fine but you have to really get in their faces and shove your gun barrels in their soft spots before pulling the trigger. It's true the pen isn't that great which is why you have to get fairly close... like fisticuffs close in a brawl. It can still net you consistent normal pen damage though if you do the whole "above the belt/ super structure" thing.

Edited by Vekta408
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
883 posts
5,968 battles

A lot of people bag on PEF because she doesn’t uptier well. She’s great in sub battles where everyone is T6. Each time I took her out there I got over 100k damage and at least 3 kills. But I play her full brawler mode which catches people off guard at T6 but the secondaries can put in work and start some fires. Got to know you’re angling and ranges though. Good luck!

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
11 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

“Prathasis??” Whether you put it in a prothesis, a prosthesis, or in parentheses, what you offered is still poorly thought out in offering, particularly to a new player, SE as the primary 3-point skill on a T6 BB, “depending on style,” or not.

Nor would I call what you said “articulating.”

[WORX]
Members
13,307 posts
20,159 battles
9 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

“Prathasis??” Whether you put it in a prothesis, a prosthesis, or in parentheses, what you offered is still poorly thought out in offering, particularly to a new player, SE as the primary 3-point skill on a T6 BB, “depending on style,” or not.

Nor would I call what you said “articulating.”

That is why its a suggestion...

Other suggestions on the thread are far worse... I would not use FP on a tier 6 BB ship... The Pork fried rice needs CE because its not a good ship against tier 8 BBs.

Secondary builds are the weakest option for the Port Fried rice...

My build suggestion, and the suggestions in parenthesis, are made for a more defensive mindset... Its the best use of 19 pts with that mindset in mind...

Edited by Navalpride33

[INTEL]
Members
1,780 posts
16,453 battles

I primarily use PEF in Operations with my GK's 19pnt full sec capt. 7.6 KM sec with signal on a T6 is a riot. I've had her in a few randoms recently and she's done quite well. Even dropped a dev strike on a GC who's driver must read these forums based on his lack of respect. Funny part was while shooting at various cruisers and the GC I was also using the secondaries to prevent a DD from contesting a cap when he cheekily decided I couldnt walk and chew gum at the same time.

For a newer player go full survival build.  PT, either AR or EM, BoS, FP. 

[PVE]
Members
382 posts
3,273 battles
7 hours ago, Vekta408 said:

PEF is not a BB. The in game description is a lie. This is a Super heavy CA at tier 6 with an identity crisis.

Secondary spec, while fun, isn't strong enough on PEF to warrant building for it other than to meme.

Put it all into the main guns and survival. PEF has very un-german accuracy...far more accurate that people give it credit for. Play it like a heavy CA that has the potential to brawl out a short fight and it gets much better. It's not really as bad as people say it is but it's taken as a battleship because the game labels it as one. It's not a battleship.

Two things:

Your rudder shift is not as good as Bayern and sometimes you'll really feel it.

the 150mm strip of armor over your casemate where your secondaries are mounted will eat big pen damage if your opponent knows where to aim.  To mitigate that you'll have to take a really sharp angle where only your front turrets will be able to fire. Even then it'll still take big pen damage but not as often.

The HE is bad...to the point where you might even want to stick with AP even when someone is angled. Many say the AP is also bad but again...this is not a BB. The AP works and you eat CA. You can even do it 12-15km out more consistently than people would tell you is possible. I have been accused of hacking many times since the day I got it so it's not a fluke. Take that for what it's worth to you. *shrugs*

Against other BB your AP will work fine but you have to really get in their faces and shove your gun barrels in their soft spots before pulling the trigger. It's true the pen isn't that great which is why you have to get fairly close... like fisticuffs close in a brawl. It can still net you consistent normal pen damage though if you do the whole "above the belt/ super structure" thing.

This ^^

• Cool 2