You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

This new teamwork is awesome.

136 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles

Again, going for my pro submarine topic here. :D

Just had a game where I was in a Fuso.. You know that ship class every anti Sub player claims destroys the class..

I pushed with my team. (The usual DD's, and submarines going yolo into a cap) shooting the broadside of other ships on the other side of the map. An opening happened, which I took advantage of and started capping their cap on their side. (They owned most of the 4 caps majority of the game).

German Sub starts hunting me.. and.. a friendly sub comes to the rescue..

Did I complain and cry? Of course not. I put my stern to him and made it impossible for him to ping me twice. He missed all his shots 4 solvo's. The friendly sub assisting me forced him to use his batteries, forcing him to periscope depth 2x over. Which resulted in 34 secondary hits (in a FUSO lol). I managed to dwindle him down to half health, and turned broadside (my mistake) after his volley not realizing how quickly he reloaded. Took 3 out of 4 torps and 3/4ths of my hp (Ouch) but again...

I'm not crying.. I know he's low on batts again, and he surfaced and I 1 shot him.. GG..

Rest of the game was 3v2 2 enemy subs half the map away, while I capped. They had fought for so long the enemy sub was caught at 3.4m depth. I actually  nearly 1 shot him with my HE as I was closing the distance, played decoy for my friendly submarines, and scratched the paint on several sub torps aimed at me. (Again never letting them ping more than just my bow making dodging the torps easy.. idk how DD's keep dieing to this lol..).

The friendly subs forced the enemy subs to keep low on battery and I ended up killing 2 or 3 submarines that game, with great teamwork from rando's...

-------------------------------------

And you know what? I've been seeing more and more of this every game... Regardless of whether I'm playing submarines, DD,'s cruisers, or battleships. I'm seeing more and more teamates realize that supporting each other as a team, rather than fighting as 15 individuals is netting them more wins.

DD's defend and support their submarines, Submarines provide forward spotting, and cruisers defend their DD's, while battleships defend their cruisers... the cycle fits perfectly.. The team who can focus better, and coordinate better literally just wins 9/10 times.. and that's exactly how it should be.

Because right now it's not... It's whatever team has the most broken ship with the most skilled player ends up winning mostly, and I honestly think that's why many unicum players are both struggling, and complaining.. It's not as much about them anymore as it was, and they now need to rely on teammates they didn't have too before..

Once again, my experiences from the submarine tests prove completely opposite what I keep hearing in the threads and forums...

It brings balance to the game as a whole. It adds teamwork, and more importantly makes it easier to understand where that teamwork should be focused...

--------------------------------

Everyone who keeps whining about this game not being "historical" well now it is closer.. ships doing what they should be doing in a fleet..

Everyone who keeps whining about DD's having to do too much.. well now you don't have to worry about it.. Your job is to picket, and anti submarine..

Everyone who keeps whining about teamwork.. well don't worry.. from what I've seen at least if the trend continues.. there will be more of it, and more reason to do it..

------------------------------

I see nothing but good here... literally... No ship type has been "nerfed".. DD's can't yolo crap anymore, but they shouldn't of been able too anyway...

Conclusion as I stated before in other threads... the only real nerf this adds is to bad players (especially DD ones), and all they need to do is learn to adapt to a better game play loop. I have ZERO problems in DD's.. If I work as a team, and choose my targets, and situations at least half intelligently..

Honestly if they do this.. they'll learn not only the enjoyment of teamwork, but the enjoyment of killing 2-3 submarines in a single battle in a completely helpless ship like a BB lol..

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 17

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles

blind optimism is still optimism i guess? 

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles
2 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

blind optimism is still optimism i guess? 

How is it blind with proof? Or are you talking about the teamwork bit? In which case I clearly said "if the trend continues" for that specific aspect.

• Boring 3

[CVLUL]
Members
5,441 posts
12,508 battles
6 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

How is it blind with proof? Or are you talking about the teamwork bit? In which case I clearly said "if the trend continues" for that specific aspect.

A majority of subs have no idea what they are doing. This class is capable of a great many things.

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles
1 minute ago, Lady_Athena said:

all of it really.

Teamwork will never occur consistently in random battles that is for sure blind optimism.

i eagerly await once people start to become competent in submarines as this game mode has only been out a week and you are trying to gloat about outplaying bots right now. For those of us who are realists and do not see things through rose tinted glasses can see that submarines in current state are atrocious in terms of balancing.

give it some time and eventually you will see what the rest of us normal gamers have seen coming for a long time now.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

A majority of subs have no idea what they are doing. This class is capable of a great many things.

Yes, and I'm excited to see how things develop. (If WGing doesn't screw it by taking a sledgehammer to it)

[CVLUL]
Members
5,441 posts
12,508 battles
Just now, Lady_Athena said:

Yes, and I'm excited to see how things develop. (If WGing doesn't screw it by taking a sledgehammer to it)

As one of the subs who knows what they are doing, you don't know what you are asking for.

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

all of it really.

Teamwork will never occur consistently in random battles that is for sure blind optimism.

i eagerly await once people start to become competent in submarines as this game mode has only been out a week and you are trying to gloat about outplaying bots right now. For those of us who are realists and do not see things through rose tinted glasses can see that submarines in current state are atrocious in terms of balancing.

give it some time and eventually you will see what the rest of us normal gamers have seen coming for a long time now.

And you say mine is blind optimism. Sounds like you're throwing alot out as blind pessimism, except yours has absolutely nothing to back it up unlike mine.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles
2 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

As one of the subs who knows what they are doing, you don't know what you are asking for.

I suppose that depends on how well teams can coordinate.

You also have to consider that while you may have a great handle on submarines, majority of players (And the bots) have no clue how to fight you either. So I think it'll all even out in the end.

[CVLUL]
Members
5,441 posts
12,508 battles
3 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

I suppose that depends on how well teams can coordinate.

You also have to consider that while you may have a great handle on submarines, majority of players (And the bots) have no clue how to fight you either. So I think it'll all even out in the end.

It's not that they don't know how, It's that it's almost impossible to.

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles
9 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

And you say mine is blind optimism. Sounds like you're throwing alot out as blind pessimism, except yours has absolutely nothing to back it up unlike mine.

cv rebork puts expectations at an all time low.

i am insane at this game therefore i understand how a game flows, the basic mechanics and how to master it, its very clear the current state of submarines is very poorly balanced with flawed mechanics.

" except yours has absolutely nothing to back it up unlike mine" you are playing against players who have just started learning how to play submarines give it some time honey let someone competent show you how dreadful this experience will be.

i understand you are desperate to troll people but this is getting pretty desperate.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Here come the purples beaten up on the lady  

because we are purple our input into a forum post is not allowed?

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
795 posts
7,249 battles

I dunno, man.    My games had half-bot composition teams on each side.  It felt like glorified co-op games.  The side who killed their opposing bots usually snowballed to a victory with the bots on each side driving each side's advance.

I guess you could call it the new teamwork or something or other. 

/shrug

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles
9 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

cv rebork puts expectations at an all time low.

i am insane at this game therefore i understand how a game flows, the basic mechanics and how to master it, its very clear the current state of submarines is very poorly balanced with flawed mechanics.

" except yours has absolutely nothing to back it up unlike mine" you are playing against players who have just started learning how to play submarines give it some time honey let someone competent show you how dreadful this experience will be.

i understand you are desperate to troll people but this is getting pretty desperate.

... You consistantly call me troll, yet every argument you bring is a carpetting sweep statement that says literally nothing.... every single time...

"I'm good at this game" Ok great. Has nothing to do with this topic, nor does it say anything..

"I understand how the game flows, basic mechanics, and how to master it".... So say something that proves it.. merely stating this doesn't magically make you have an argument, a retort, or anything meaningful.

"The current state of submarines is very poorly balanced and flawed".... A sweeping generalization which again.. is a mere statement.. not an argument, or show of logic, or even intelligent input to anything otherwise said, and certainly is not a counter to what I said, as its a statement, not an argument.

sooo who's the troll here? lol...

You may be struggling with the idea of a non sheep mentality.. Just because you're good at a game doesn't make you understand balance, game design, what's good for the game even, or anything.. You  need to say stuff that proves otherwise. 

Just like just because Flamu is one of the best in the game, doesn't mean I'm going to take anything he says as more than a grain of salt until he proves to show intelligent, and thoughtful expressions in his idea's, comments, and posts..

So you saying you're good at the game literally means nothing to people like me who aren't sheep. PROVE you are someone I should listen too.. thumping your chest "me so good" means nothing to intelligent individuals.

• Boring 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles
7 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

You can, but don't expect anyone to do anything but laugh when your posts are as silly as the last one you posted..

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,406 posts
12,603 battles
10 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Of course not your opinion is vital you no more than me  .With that being said your still beaten up oh her or him with same I'm great at the game thing .

Edited by clammboy

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,602 posts
23,061 battles

Just a question OP

Is this profile real? Is it a reroll?

Alpha tester with 2889 battles?

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
42 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Again, going for my pro submarine topic here. :D

Just had a game where I was in a Fuso.. You know that ship class every anti Sub player claims destroys the class..

I pushed with my team. (The usual DD's, and submarines going yolo into a cap) shooting the broadside of other ships on the other side of the map. An opening happened, which I took advantage of and started capping their cap on their side. (They owned most of the 4 caps majority of the game).

German Sub starts hunting me.. and.. a friendly sub comes to the rescue..

Did I complain and cry? Of course not. I put my stern to him and made it impossible for him to ping me twice. He missed all his shots 4 solvo's. The friendly sub assisting me forced him to use his batteries, forcing him to periscope depth 2x over. Which resulted in 34 secondary hits (in a FUSO lol). I managed to dwindle him down to half health, and turned broadside (my mistake) after his volley not realizing how quickly he reloaded. Took 3 out of 4 torps and 3/4ths of my hp (Ouch) but again...

I'm not crying.. I know he's low on batts again, and he surfaced and I 1 shot him.. GG..

Rest of the game was 3v2 2 enemy subs half the map away, while I capped. They had fought for so long the enemy sub was caught at 3.4m depth. I actually  nearly 1 shot him with my HE as I was closing the distance, played decoy for my friendly submarines, and scratched the paint on several sub torps aimed at me. (Again never letting them ping more than just my bow making dodging the torps easy.. idk how DD's keep dieing to this lol..).

The friendly subs forced the enemy subs to keep low on battery and I ended up killing 2 or 3 submarines that game, with great teamwork from rando's...

And you know what? I've been seeing more and more of this every game... Regardless of whether I'm playing submarines, DD,'s cruisers, or battleships. I'm seeing more and more teamates realize that supporting each other as a team, rather than fighting as 15 individuals is netting them more wins.

DD's defend and support their submarines, Submarines provide forward spotting, and cruisers defend their DD's, while battleships defend their cruisers... the cycle fits perfectly.. The team who can focus better, and coordinate better literally just wins 9/10 times.. and that's exactly how it should be.

Because right now it's not... It's whatever team has the most broken ship with the most skilled player ends up winning mostly, and I honestly think that's why many unicum players are both struggling, and complaining.. It's not as much about them anymore as it was, and they now need to rely on teammates they didn't have too before..

Once again, my experiences from the submarine tests prove completely opposite what I keep hearing in the threads and forums...

It brings balance to the game as a whole. It adds teamwork, and more importantly makes it easier to understand where that teamwork should be focused...

--------------------------------

Everyone who keeps whining about this game not being "historical" well now it is closer.. ships doing what they should be doing in a fleet..

Everyone who keeps whining about DD's having to do too much.. well now you don't have to worry about it.. Your job is to picket, and anti submarine..

Everyone who keeps whining about teamwork.. well don't worry.. from what I've seen at least if the trend continues.. there will be more of it, and more reason to do it..

------------------------------

I see nothing but good here... literally... No ship type has been "nerfed".. DD's can't yolo crap anymore, but they shouldn't of been able too anyway...

Conclusion as I stated before in other threads... the only real nerf this adds is to bad players (especially DD ones), and all they need to do is learn to adapt to a better game play loop. I have ZERO problems in DD's.. If I work as a team, and choose my targets, and situations at least half intelligently..

Honestly if they do this.. they'll learn not only the enjoyment of teamwork, but the enjoyment of killing 2-3 submarines in a single battle in a completely helpless ship like a BB lol..

you only lived due to that sub saving you, you are blind as a bat and your data does back you up. You were at the mercy of him if that sub hadn't rescued you. And you still lost half your health. Open your eyes, and quit being arrogant 

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

I've played a ton of this game mode as a destroyer (primarily Farragut) on my main/alt account.

Subs overwhelmingly fall into two categories:

• Bad, easy kills
  • Impossible to kill

People seem to not realize how hard decent players with submarines counter destroyers. Sure, bad subs get wrecked. But I suspect a good submarine player is going to be able to outplay destroyers nearly all the time with the current mechanics.

Those mechanics are really broken right now. 

• Cool 4

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles
Just now, Lady_Athena said:

... You consistantly call me troll, yet every argument you bring is a carpetting sweep statement that says literally nothing.... every single time...

"I'm good at this game" Ok great. Has nothing to do with this topic, nor does it say anything..

"I understand how the game flows, basic mechanics, and how to master it".... So say something that proves it.. merely stating this doesn't magically make you have an argument, a retort, or anything meaningful.

"The current state of submarines is very poorly balanced and flawed".... A sweeping generalization which again.. is a mere statement.. not an argument, or show of logic, or even intelligent input to anything otherwise said, and certainly is not a counter to what I said, as its a statement, not an argument.

sooo who's the troll here? lol...

flamuu already put out a very good detailed video explaining all the issues with intelligent remarks and how to fix them which you swept aside as "personal feelings and wrong facts" and yet you expect others to write a novel to tell you why submarines are bad yet you have not provided any evidence to suggest otherwise, oh cool you had a good game playing against a team of half bots thats a ton of evidence to suggest everyone else is wrong right?

your hypocrisy is making this feel like a day job, normally i enjoy the banter with trolls but you are just becoming work.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,155 posts
3,015 battles
2 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Just a question OP

Is this profile real? Is it a reroll?

Alpha tester with 2889 battles?

IT's my main account. I just stopped finding enjoyment in the game 2 years in, but I come back to play it now and again, usually in spurts of a few weeks every 4-5 months.

Submarines are a fresh new class, that I see much good in, and I'm finding enjoyment both as and against them in the game I haven't had for years.

[WMD]
Members
1,924 posts
10,897 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

I've played a ton of this game mode as a destroyer (primarily Farragut) on my main/alt account.

Subs overwhelmingly fall into two categories:

• Bad, easy kills
  • Impossible to kill

People seem to not realize how hard decent players with submarines counter destroyers. Sure, bad subs get wrecked. But I suspect a good submarine player is going to be able to outplay destroyers nearly all the time with the current mechanics.

Those mechanics are really broken right now. 

While I'm not at the same level of play as you, I have experienced broadly the same in my Icarus. 

When the enemy CA/CL are bots I can manage fairly well against most subs, when the enemy DD CA/CL are human players, being spotted by a sub is a death sentence. 

Every team that loses it's ASW boats loses the match. That is no better than pre-rework CVs deciding the match outcome in the first couple of strafes.