You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Super Bots skills

15 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,325 posts
13,743 battles

OK, OK, I know WG buffs bots so coops aren't just a shooing gallery. But this ability to dodge torpedoes is way too far over the top. 1.5 km away I launch my torpedoes at a turn Venezia and it reverses its turn and dodges all but one torpedo. In another match I had a New Mexico turning broadside too me at 2.5 km & launched torpedoes. Again this slow BB was able to reverse its turn & this time dodged all the torpedoes. DD's do not turn this sharp.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[VORTX]
Members
662 posts
8,394 battles

Bots are awful. Terrible yolo positioning yet can aim incredibly well, light fires like there is no tomorrow and fuggetaboutit with torps. If they didn’t cheat, they’d be even easier to kill but they are frustrating in the worst ways. 

I’ve tried the turn off the targeting prior to launch torps trick. Mixed results. 

• Boring 2

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
431 posts
8,684 battles

Yes, there are times where a ship will react to a torpedo launch well outside of even their Hydro range.  But it is Co-Op after all, the game engine (i.e. Skynet) already knows you launched torpedoes and doesn't need any stinking torpedo alert.  That being said, I would love to see a torp launch from 1.5km that can be proven NOT to be poor aim. 

Members
4,682 posts
45,595 battles

Hmmm, torp beats are done by players all the time.

Bots, if cleverly programmed, learn from players playing against them.

As a result, bots learn by watching you and me.

So if you become predictable, then they become predictable. If you play unpredictable, then they do same.

In this case, a player or players who shall remain nameless, with whom has probably fooled, dazzled, stupefied, and straight up became deadly against bots; basically taught them all they know.

With such role models to learn from, they learn such things as holding a rack of torps, selling their heading to you so you fire yours, pretending to sail straight at half speed, then either braking or accelerating to evade gunfire, and suddenly can rocket DDs at start of match.

Why it's like we are being used as their training partners.

WG can easily set bots to learn, and we are just now starting to see the effects.

Every time they lose, they learn. Until eventually....

We are sailing a ragtag fleet to flee their eventual tyranny.

Fortunately, I am also teaching bots a sense of humor. Hopefully, we will see some of that. If you suddenly notice you are frequently torpedoed in the stern, then I am responsible for that. Sorry, it's funny to me, but bots started to like doing it.

Recently, they attack Random regulars with methodical zeal. So much so, it's disturbing.

Famous last words " They are bots, just sail in they die" are now death flags for players.

• Funny 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

OK, OK, I know WG buffs bots so coops aren't just a shooing gallery. But this ability to dodge torpedoes is way too far over the top. 1.5 km away I launch my torpedoes at a turn Venezia and it reverses its turn and dodges all but one torpedo. In another match I had a New Mexico turning broadside too me at 2.5 km & launched torpedoes. Again this slow BB was able to reverse its turn & this time dodged all the torpedoes. DD's do not turn this sharp.

100% battlefield vision....:Smile_teethhappy:

It's like they flip a coin to decide whether or not they are going to avoid your torps.

I particularly like it when they know you're loading AP, and turn into the perfect angle just before it loads.:Smile_sceptic: 

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Members
85 posts
5,978 battles

Try this exercise...

Buy a Tier 1 ship, hire a zero point captain (so far free).

Go in to co-op battle and DON'T hit any red bots with your shots.  Just sail straight for the cap (avoid any rams).

Fire your guns into the water, but DO NOT hit any of the bots....
They might shoot you once or twice, but if you don't hit them back...  their shots will start missing too.  And I mean from 0.5 km...

Have fun.  Won't cost you anything.

[TDRB]
Members
5,325 posts
13,743 battles

Hmmm, torp beats are done by players all the time.

It appears you did not understand what I said.

I said the 2 ships,  a Venezia & a New Mexico, executed impossible turns. The rudder shift time on these ships is too slow.

I dare say if I'm within 1.5km of a ship in a random and it is turning away when I launch torpedoes the driver can't react fast enough nor is the rudder shift time fast enough, even on the quickest ship, to stop turning away & turn into me and cover enough distance to avoid a torpedoes salvo.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 1

[FRR]
Members
975 posts
14 hours ago, kgh52 said:

It makes for very fun play, and I like it. The buffs are needed, otherwise the experience won't help anyone. Recently, I spoke with someone from World of Warships, and this was what he told me: To be honest since the bots in co-op cheat a bit, they are better at dodging torpedoes than many human players ;) Also they usually rush at you making for poor torp angles.

From what I've seen, these bots are competitive. They don't like it when destroyers get to sink so many ships. So what they do is that sometimes, even the green bots themselves take action!

:Smile_trollface:

Moore.thumb.jpg.30b3994aa1aa0c18db2ca2c4a74a5651.jpg

[_EASY]
Members
280 posts
17,528 battles

They do not really evade all that well,

219695889_WorldofWarships5_28_20204_11_17PM.thumb.png.df28b5de3821cc787e46a103f5a9a924.png

My torps hit them 56% of the time...

:Smile_sceptic:

[TDRB]
Members
5,325 posts
13,743 battles
10 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

It makes for very fun play, and I like it. The buffs are needed, otherwise the experience won't help anyone. Recently, I spoke with someone from World of Warships, and this was what he told me: To be honest since the bots in co-op cheat a bit, they are better at dodging torpedoes than many human players ;) Also they usually rush at you making for poor torp angles.

From what I've seen, these bots are competitive. They don't like it when destroyers get to sink so many ships. So what they do is that sometimes, even the green bots themselves take action!

:Smile_trollface:

Moore.thumb.jpg.30b3994aa1aa0c18db2ca2c4a74a5651.jpg

I understand the need for "super" bot abilities in coops. However, there is a point when it gets too ridiculous & I believe the 2 incidents I sited are in that category.

Members
714 posts

I have seen some pretty weird stuff this week. Dead  ships launching torps. Insta death as soon as spotted (PT counter goes to 8 and they launch a beautiful time on target barrage), torp dodge at super close ranges. Not detected yet somehow getting hit no matter how much wasd is happening.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,344 posts
28,783 battles

If humans could focus the way bots do...

Initial contact tip, unless you're in cover do not be tempted to let fly an early salvo at the bots who have been CV spotted, if you do your PT number will hit 3-6 and you're in for a paddling, especially so for cruisers.

[ICOP]
Members
456 posts
18,430 battles

Bot magic seems to have increased since Tuesday's update.

The one I noticed most today is that I took my Harugumo directly to cap with speed boost.  I got to the cap floats and the bot Harugumo was already substantially inside the cap and firing at me as I was starting smoke.  How does he go faster than me, same ship and I used speed boost?  I think the answer is they get a head start (spawn closer to cap).  How would we ever know, since it's all before first detection?

Also I've seen a lot of bot shells passing through islands, and on one occasion causing damage when they hit me.  Of course, there's the magic turns/dodges and all the rest, too. 

Win rates are down a bit I notice.  WG is turning up the bot heat, I think.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,804 posts
21,723 battles

Oh, yes, superhuman impossible uber bot skills, and yet you're winning like 90%+ of your battles against them. Truly they need a nerf!

• Boring 4