You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
skytank_invader

A more serious Tier IV American Premium BC suggestion

13 comments in this topic

Members
127 posts
2,122 battles

Tier 4 USS Queen of France (preliminary Scout Cruiser design No.146 design 9-15-1915)

s584084.thumb.jpg.10bd77e6b967491a1f8a52d8a9c1cfc1.jpg
Description:
The USS QoF is a scout cruiser design made by the US navy the predated the Omaha class and finalized design for the Lexington class BC. This design in particular differed from the other designs with it only having 10 inch guns instead of the usual 14 and 16 inch guns.
Designed September 15 1915
Cost 17.77$

Survivability:
HP formula BB
Displacement 28,000tons
HP 43,910

Armor:
19mm bow/stern
19mm bow/stern deck
25mm center deck
50mm citadel face/roof
127mm belt = citadel sides
178mm turret face
114mm turret sides
114mm turret rear
127mm turret roof
127mm barbettes

Main battery:
8 4x2 254mm/40cal Mk3 guns
AP Shell 254mm AP 510lbs
AP Shell weight 231.3kg
AP Shell Maximum Damage 7,200
AP Shell Initial velocity 823m/s
AP Shell Krupp 2782
AP Shell Broadside DPM 172,800
AP Shell auto bounce angle 60
AP Shell armed threshold 41mm
AP Shell detonation delay 0.033sec
HE Shell 254mm Common 510lbs
HE Shell weight 231.3kg
HE Shell Maximum Damage 3,800
HE Shell Initial Velocity 823m/s
HE Shell fire chance 25%
Reload 20sec
Turret Traverse 30sec
Range 14.49km
Sigma 2.0
Dispersion R x 10.0 + 60 = 204.9

Secondary battery:
12x1 6in/53cal guns 
HE Shell 152 mm HE/HC Mk34 mod. 1
HE Shell Maximum damage 2,200
HE Shell Velocity 152mm 914m/s
HE Fire chance 152mm 6%
Reload 4sec
8 8x1 76mm/105cal Mk16
HE Shell 76mm HE/HC round
HE Shell weight 5kg
HE Shell Maximum damage 1,250
HE Shell Initial Velocity 1386m/s
HE Shell Fire chance 4%
Reload 3.5sec
Range 4km
Dispersion 19*R/333.333+30

Anti Air:
Amount 8 8x1 76mm/105cal, 80 20x4 28mm/75 Mk2 mod.2
Range 3.51, 2.4km
DPS 44.8, 46

Maneuverability:
Maximum Speed 35knots
Turning circle radius 970m
Rudder shift time 15.4sec

Concealment:
Surface Detection Range 14.25km
Air Detection Range 8.76km
Smoke Firing Detection Range 12.56km

Consumables:
Slot 1 Damage control party
Slot 2 Repair Party 3

Summary:
The Queen of France is equipped with the same guns as the older Tennesse class of Armored cruisers, as such it lacks the firepower of the other tier 4 battleships. It's armor is much weaker than any other tier 4 bb at only 5 inches. The advantages of the QoF is that she has rapid fire guns that traverse very quickly for the tier, and she also goes 35knots making her the fastest BB at the tier by a long shot. The AA on the ship is much better than the lackluster AA of all other tier 4 premium BBs which is comprised of 8 76mm guns, and 20 quad mounts of the terrible Chicago piano guns.

(I desided to use an experimental 105cal 76mm gun instead of the standard 76mm that US ships are equipped with.)

Sources

Edited by skytank_invader
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,819 posts
11,368 battles

We haven’t had a tier IV premium in years. WG isn’t interested in releasing any premiums below tier V, likely because there isn’t enough return on the investment.

Members
127 posts
2,122 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

We haven’t had a tier IV premium in years. WG isn’t interested in releasing any premiums below tier V, likely because there isn’t enough return on the investment.

Yet their still making tier 3 premium ships, Dreadnought and Charlestown. I'm doubtful they would listen, but it never hurts to at least try.

Plus it could also act as a "counter" to Graff Spee at tier 6 as a cruiser.

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,088 posts
6,344 battles

I like it. Is very orìginal.  But are you sure tier 4? She seems to carry a heavy punch

Members
127 posts
2,122 battles
13 minutes ago, Talleyrand said:

I like it. Is very orìginal.  But are you sure tier 4? She seems to carry a heavy punch

As a battleship she's pretty under gunned, with her only having 8 guns while every other ship has 10-12 guns (except Myogi of course) so I don't see her having too much firepower, plus they are 254mm guns opposed to most of the other ships having 305mm guns with the exceptions being (283mm on the Kaiser, 343mm on the British, and 356mm on Myogi). If she were at tier 5 the HP would be too low, plus now she's completing against 356mm BB's on a regular basis. 

[FURIA]
2,088 posts
6,344 battles
4 minutes ago, skytank_invader said:

As a battleship she's pretty under gunned, with her only having 8 guns while every other ship has 10-12 guns (except Myogi of course) so I don't see her having too much firepower, plus they are 254mm guns opposed to most of the other ships having 305mm guns with the exceptions being (283mm on the Kaiser, 343mm on the British, and 356mm on Myogi). If she were at tier 5 the HP would be too low, plus now she's completing against 356mm BB's on a regular basis. 

But with 35 knots she can't be considered as a regular BB. She is faster than most  cruisers

Members
127 posts
2,122 battles
16 hours ago, Talleyrand said:

But with 35 knots she can't be considered as a regular BB. She is faster than most  cruisers

I thought most Destroyers couldn't match her speed at the tier but it turns out she matches speed with Mahan a ship she could potentially face, so there's that.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,819 posts
11,368 battles
3 hours ago, skytank_invader said:

Yet their still making tier 3 premium ships, Dreadnought and Charlestown. I'm doubtful they would listen, but it never hurts to at least try.

It’s been a year+ since their release and both are slightly altered clones of tech tree ships. Add to that that the last tier IV premium WG was working on was turned into a tier V (VU, which many players consider a questionable decision), and I wouldn’t hold my breath...

And I agree with you 100%. There are loads of interesting ships that WG could implement at low tiers. I’d love to see a proper WWI-era German battlecruiser myself, but WG seems to have moved away from releasing low-tier premiums, and most of the tier Vs that have been released recently have been designed as reward ships for events.

• Cool 2

[FURIA]
2,088 posts
6,344 battles
8 hours ago, skytank_invader said:

Plus it could also act as a "counter" to Graff Spee at tier 6 as a cruise

I think this is a far more appealing idea for the company.

You are right in your approach. QoF is a battlecruiser and she belongs to tier 4. But WG is not very intrested in low tier. The higher the tier , the more profitable is the ship for them. So if far more likly to be sold as tier 6 "supercruiser" than a tier 4 battleship.  

[C_NT]
Members
960 posts
2,477 battles
9 hours ago, skytank_invader said:

Dreadnought is the biggest no brainer premium cause it's Dreadnought though. It says more they took so long to make it IMO than the fact they eventually did. I took Bellerophon being the T3 on the UK BB tech tree as an indirect admission they had Dreadnought in a drawer somewhere waiting for release. 

Edited by Aristotle83

[USN]
Members
1,646 posts
21,167 battles

I quite like the design, but it might work as a T7 supercruiser. Give it Graf Spee dispersion, American autobounce angles, 25mm bow/stern, and possibly buff the turning circle and rudder and you might have something there (a heal could be added if it still needs work)

Members
127 posts
2,122 battles
4 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

T7 supercruiser

14.49km range on a tier 7 cruiser, no thank you. You can push against any tier 9 cruiser and the most likely thing that's going to happen is them either killing you or spot you long enough for a real mans BB (aka Izumo) to delete you, for breathing wrong. (Also sorry for the late response.)

[USN]
Members
1,646 posts
21,167 battles
10 hours ago, skytank_invader said:

14.49km range on a tier 7 cruiser, no thank you. You can push against any tier 9 cruiser and the most likely thing that's going to happen is them either killing you or spot you long enough for a real mans BB (aka Izumo) to delete you, for breathing wrong. (Also sorry for the late response.)

Forgot to mention buffing the range to 16.4 or 16.9km.