Snargfargle

Snarg is sad

19 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,236 posts

I consider several of you here to be friends so I want you to know why I probably won't be posting for a while. Mt father passed away this morning. He was nearly 87 but in good health for his age. He had a heart attack a few years ago and I can only presume he had another one last night. He had been dead for several hours when I found him this morning so even with all my emergency medical training there was nothing I could do. I don't think that he would have wanted his last days to have been in a hospital or nursing home anyway. Dad was an Army veteran who served in Germany during the early days of the Cold War.

• Cool 2

Members
12,612 posts
14,320 battles

My condolences on the passing of your Father.

Hopefully life had treated him well and it is good to hear he was in good health until the end.  At least it sounded like he went peacefully in the night which as hard as it is to lose somebody close to you, it is of the slightest encouragement if they get to go peacefully as opposed to a long and painful process leading up to their death. Being able to live a long and good life that finishes while still in their own home is the wish of pretty much all the elderly people I know which has always been a long list as I respect and honor those with so much wisdom to share.

And I am grateful for his military service which contributed to my being able to have freedom in my life today.

[RBMK]
Members
2,262 posts
36,338 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I consider several of you here to be friends so I want you to know why I probably won't be posting for a while. Mt father passed away this morning. He was nearly 87 but in good health for his age. He had a heart attack a few years ago and I can only presume he had another one last night. He had been dead for several hours when I found him this morning so even with all my emergency medical training there was nothing I could do. I don't think that he would have wanted his last days to have been in a hospital or nursing home anyway. Dad was an Army veteran who served in Germany during the early days of the Cold War.

Sorry to hear, my condolences.

[WORX]
Members
13,209 posts
20,079 battles

Snarg take all the time you need. The game/forums will be here when you return...

RL takes priority... Family first...

Condolences.

[D-DAY]
Members
6,973 posts

My sincere condolences. Those we love will always be with us, forever in our hearts and in our thoughts.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,679 posts
23,721 battles

My condolences. 

[PVE]
Members
8,497 posts
24,554 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

My condolences to you.

May he rest in peace (unless he would rather fight on even in death...then may he give them hell).

And for his service :Smile_honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,323 posts
14,923 battles

@Snargfargle, no matter how long our parents live we are never ready for their leaving us. Your father was able to live a long a productive life and you had him in yours for a long time.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,236 posts

Got a lot to do so won't be playing or posting for a couple more weeks, at least. Dad outlived his Dad by twenty years and his Grandpa too, so that's something at least. I just regret that I couldn't go fishing with him one last time but with Mom needing 24-hour care these past five years we simply couldn't. I thought he was in pretty good health considering. However, he had had three different types of cancers and a previous heart attack. The second one was too much but I don't really think he felt it. It really looked like he just passed out and died in his sleep.  I'm just glad he got to go to Memorial Day to visit Mom's grave before he passed.

Thanks to everyone for your condolences.

[BB-57]
Members
406 posts
15,559 battles

Lost mine about six months ago... still doesn't seem real.  He served USN '60-'84. I sat beside him in Hospice (cancer) and played warships on a laptop for him to see, he seemed to enjoy it, "heck of a a deal" he said.  Did most of his time on sub-tenders, but was fire Marshall/ damage control Chief on CV-41 USS Midway in the late '70"s. He could spin a sea-story.

Salute to those who have gone before, for they have made possible our tomorrows.

• Cool 1