You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LAnybody

Sinops guns need a serious nerf....

13 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
453 posts
6,538 battles

They're just far, far, far too powerful, particularly as 16" at T7.   Not only do they overmatch all BB bow/stern at T7 and down, they overmatch ALL cruiser bows. While the Nelson and Colorado both can do that, neither of them has the insane accuracy and general penetration that the Sinop gets. 

Angling against a Sinop in a cruiser is virtually impossible. The "close" dispersion (and it's hard to call it "close", when it's 13km or less) is so tight that it's a frequent occurrence to see at least 2 pairs of shells from the 9-shell broadside practically on top of each other.  If you go bow/stern on, you get overmatched and citadeled.  Try to angle just a bit to take it on the belt, and the Sinop's railguns punch right through your belt armor anyway. The ability to angle and bounce a Sinop shells is really just luck, not any skill involved, because the window of "bounce" is so tiny that it's impossible actually get in a cruiser. 

The guns are just too powerful. And the turret rotation makes it MUCH, MUCH worse, because there is little ability to run - the turrets can just track you and shove AP down your throat.

Ranked is making this EXTREMELY clear - practically all the maps are close-range maps, so the Sinop just obliterates any cruiser it shoots at, and it's even a DD killing machine, since the massive AP Alpha and tight groups mean that you can easily hit 60% of your shells on a DD when they pop up at 6km or so.  That's half of the DD's health vaporized right there.   And I say this as a Sinop owner - it's a ridiculous paper ship that's far, far, far too powerful with no real disadvantages.

I know WG won't do it, but there needs to be some heavy nerf to the Sinop. This is true with other RU BBs, but the Sinop is just way too powerful, and the ship simply has little other weaknesses - despite the claim by WG, the side armor doesn't eat pens much, it overpens all the time.  It's only vulnerabile to 8" AP really, and if you're a cruiser, you can't get close enough to really damage it much, without getting nuked in return.  The "paltry" 16% torpedo protection is backed by a solid 50mm citadel armor, which, surprisingly seriously reduces a lot of torpedo damage from anything other than IJN torps.  It's virtually immune to EU torpedoes, and even KM torpedoes often don't do their typical damage.  And the "icebreaker" armor of a massive 113mm means it bow tanks all day.  With the new "always premium" consumables, HE spam isn't really that much of a threat to it, either.

In short, it's a BB with no real weaknesses.  And awesome guns.

Frankly, one of two things needs to happen to it:

1. Nerf the reload severely. To 40 seconds.
  2. Remove the excellent pen. Give it crappy pen. Which is what it SHOULD have - in order to get fast, flat trajectory shells, they would have be to significantly lightweight than normal.  Frankly, the Sinop should have no better AP pen than the Lyon's 14 inch guns. 

But, I don't see this happening to WG's Mary Sue ships, do you?

Edited by LAnybody
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,820 posts
25 minutes ago, LAnybody said:

They're just far, far, far too powerful, particularly as 16" at T7.   Not only do they overmatch all BB bow/stern at T7 and down, they overmatch ALL cruiser bows. While the Nelson and Colorado both can do that, neither of them has the insane accuracy and general penetration that the Sinop gets. 

Angling against a Sinop in a cruiser is virtually impossible. The "close" dispersion (and it's hard to call it "close", when it's 13km or less) is so tight that it's a frequent occurrence to see at least 2 pairs of shells from the 9-shell broadside practically on top of each other.  If you go bow/stern on, you get overmatched and citadeled.  Try to angle just a bit to take it on the belt, and the Sinop's railguns punch right through your belt armor anyway. The ability to angle and bounce a Sinop shells is really just luck, not any skill involved, because the window of "bounce" is so tiny that it's impossible actually get in a cruiser. 

The guns are just too powerful. And the turret rotation makes it MUCH, MUCH worse, because there is little ability to run - the turrets can just track you and shove AP down your throat.

Ranked is making this EXTREMELY clear - practically all the maps are close-range maps, so the Sinop just obliterates any cruiser it shoots at, and it's even a DD killing machine, since the massive AP Alpha and tight groups mean that you can easily hit 60% of your shells on a DD when they pop up at 6km or so.  That's half of the DD's health vaporized right there.   And I say this as a Sinop owner - it's a ridiculous paper ship that's far, far, far too powerful with no real disadvantages.

I know WG won't do it, but there needs to be some heavy nerf to the Sinop. This is true with other RU BBs, but the Sinop is just way too powerful, and the ship simply has little other weaknesses - despite the claim by WG, the side armor doesn't eat pens much, it overpens all the time.  It's only vulnerabile to 8" AP really, and if you're a cruiser, you can't get close enough to really damage it much, without getting nuked in return.  The "paltry" 16% torpedo protection is backed by a solid 50mm citadel armor, which, surprisingly seriously reduces a lot of torpedo damage from anything other than IJN torps.  It's virtually immune to EU torpedoes, and even KM torpedoes often don't do their typical damage.  And the "icebreaker" armor of a massive 113mm means it bow tanks all day.  With the new "always premium" consumables, HE spam isn't really that much of a threat to it, either.

2. Remove the excellent pen. Give it crappy pen. Which is what it SHOULD have - in order to get fast, flat trajectory shells, they would have be to significantly lightweight than normal.  Frankly, the Sinop should have no better AP pen than the Lyon's 14 inch guns. 

Suck it up buttercup n git good

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BIER]
Members
453 posts
6,538 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Suck it up buttercup n git good

Yeah, not a problem. Already am Good, well into near Unicum. Still doesn't make my points invalid.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,820 posts
Just now, LAnybody said:

Yeah, not a problem. Already am Good, well into near Unicum. Still doesn't make my points invalid.

🤦🏻‍♂️

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,457 posts
10,908 battles

Never really heard any complaints about the Sinop until ranked .  Now it's the Giulio Cesare of tier 7 only it's a tech tree ship .

I have her and I never even played her until ranked she's a good ship but I still stink in her . I like the Scharnhorst better but I'm warming up to the Sinop .

Your right about those guns though but cant go around nerfing every ship that does good in ranked  . Its a flawed mode 7vs7 with only tier 7 ships in it it's easier to shine in that mode I think .

[ICBM]
Members
744 posts
8,568 battles

Sinop has basically the same guns as colorado and nagato. But she has a better turret setup and an icebreaker, so she can go nose in against rado or nagato and cit them thhrough the nose and rado and nagato can't respond. If you aim well, you can still get good pen damage on the sinops big 'ol schnoz, though. 

Also, the small maps in ranked really favor the soviet dispersion formula. So, this season of ranked was almost taylor-made for sinop. Which is why I use her. And so should you.

Edited by mrieder79
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,820 posts
1 hour ago, LAnybody said:

image.png.97f0b41c8f9fafbcc66ed4a049374438.pngimage.png.550320275557250a48046904cae38384.pngimage.png.ef02f2d463c36f18b502d726f860f43d.pngimage.png.e07147b008e4b78281391d5ee02d2bec.pngimage.png.b38e4c7425d325441408758c24b6bbee.png

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,820 posts
1 hour ago, LAnybody said:

🤔Since it's the guns your talking about I'm surprised your not  :etc_swear: about Nagato's,Ashitaka's  even more since they have even higher caliber .410 VS .406...............................................Come to think that's an even higher caliber than Sinop's 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷 And BTW Sinop if you can get the angle has a very vulnerable citadel  not hard to delete if you play your cards right.I repeat suck it up buttercup n git good

[ICBM]
Members
744 posts
8,568 battles

Sinop definitely has disadvantages, but they aren't really exploited as easily in this season's ranked format. There are a more limited number of BBs due to smaller team sizes, which means less threats to your broadside, the maps this season have lots of nice islands to further help with this, and the poor long-range gunnery doesn't matter because of the map sizes. It shouldn't be nerfed just because it performs well in this season's ranked meta. 

[RST]
Members
39 posts
3,461 battles

Trying to suck it up and git gud...

Sinop is supposedly easy to citadel at some specific angle? That's a myth to me. I have shot it and seen others hit it at all different angles, from exact broadside to extreme degrees. I have not seen one citadel in any of my battles. Literally not one. Sinop seems to shrug off everything. My most damaging shot to one was AP from Nelson at about 10 K. I hit her at a slight angle and did 10200 damage. Most hits I've made from varying distances are under 6000 damage.

I'm just an average skill player trying ranked. Sinop is sucking the fun out of it for me. I don't have it so maybe I'd feel different, but I don't.

F_ck Sinop!

:Smile_teethhappy:       

[ICBM]
Members
744 posts
8,568 battles

No way. Sinop has a huge citadel. One of the easiest T7 BBs to citadel for me. I've done it over and over in ranked. I really don't see how you are failing to do so unless you just have the worst RNG ever. 20k volleys are standard on a broadside sinop unless they are far enough away for dispersion to enter the question.

ETA: KJV and Nelson also have been very easy to citadel. Oddly enough I had a game where a colorado chugged along broadside to me for a full minute at about 13-14km and I couldn't get a citadel into her.

Edited by mrieder79

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,820 posts
4 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

No way. Sinop has a huge citadel. One of the easiest T7 BBs to citadel for me. I've done it over and over in ranked. I really don't see how you are failing to do so unless you just have the worst RNG ever. 20k volleys are standard on a broadside sinop unless they are far enough away for dispersion to enter the question.

ETA: KJV and Nelson also have been very easy to citadel. Oddly enough I had a game where a colorado chugged along broadside to me for a full minute at about 13-14km and I couldn't get a citadel into her.

🤔Actually I was in that battle and watching(sunk but watching)and he was kiting,Angled as was the Sinop both sniping away at each other🤷I was in my Atlanta and taken out already:Smile_izmena:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,851 posts
22,679 battles
6 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Colorado is actually stubborn in giving up her Citadel.  She'll eat Pens galore but Cits takes some serious work.