You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burn_Unit

How many of you CV players are happy about Subs.

10 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts

Are you breathing better now, blood pressure down over the fact the forum people have a new target and are pretty much leaving you alone in posts. I know I am...lol

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,270 posts
4 minutes ago, SeaView_ said:

Are you breathing better now, blood pressure down over the fact the forum people have a new target and are pretty much leaving you alone in posts. I know I am...lol

If subs are ever introduced into Randoms, watch the comments explode.

I would hope, that if subs are introduced into randoms, that CVs also will get depth bombs.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,703 battles

just because subs exist doesnt make cv magically become balanced, in my opinion both classes are not required in the game seeing as since the beginning of the game cv cannot be balanced.

• Cool 4

[WOLFC]
Members
2,818 posts
11,368 battles
9 minutes ago, SeaView_ said:

Wait... I thought it was the HE spammers that were ruining WoWs now? :Smile_unsure:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,270 posts

Let me expand on my idea of depth bombs. CVs couldn't spot submerged subs. They could spot surfaced subs at less than DD-spotting distances (maybe 2 km) because they are smaller and also spot them from really close (0.5 km) if at periscope depth. Otherwise they could only know the general area the subs were in unless an allied ship had a hydro lock on them. Perhaps, along with depth bombs, the CVs could have a sonar buoy consumable too, which could be used to temporarily determine a sub's general location for a depth bomb run. 

• Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,776 battles
15 minutes ago, SeaView_ said:

Oink!
Dear Dude Sea View;
Breathing normally according to plans.
The Great Purge second step is on now.
Not so easy to get rid of the OS player base.
Goltz confirms by the end of 2020, the OS player base will have been annihilated.
We are almost there, Dudes!
Bacon in your burgers?
Goltz

[RLGN]
Members
16,244 posts
28,133 battles
18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I would hope, that if subs are introduced into randoms, that CVs also will get depth bombs.

Maybe I’ll get my Bogue back; but not holding my breath, atm.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,342 posts
14,924 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Right now they are mostly toothless unless they can surprise a surfaced/periscope depth sub that is distracted because even if they wait until the attack run they can dive to a safe depth before the attack gets off.