You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Venac

Players, if subs are not right you can blame yourselves.

66 comments in this topic

Members
470 posts

Thats right... During test server very few tested them or played vs them. Now with the new mode up it is 90% Bots in there vs the subs. Players are like if I can't play subs I am not playing. Well,  I salute those in there playing BB, CA, CL and DD you are helping find the good and the bad just like the ones playing the subs. But, the fact the subs are playing vs mostly bots a good going over is not being done and if things do not turn out well when they go to random ( if they do ) you can partly only blame yourselves. 

/rant over

• Cool 5
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 28

Members
470 posts
Just now, Telastyn said:

Yeah, because we're to blame for CV balancing too...

Very few tested them also. But, you are using CV as an excuse not to help then so be it. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

Members
1,000 posts
11 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

the fact that you just said that is reason enough for someone to legally punch/ kick you in the face

I would not do that he would kick your butt.. The OP is a Recon Marine in real life. And yes he went navy after 8 years Marines so he could get into another field. 

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles
7 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

Yeah, because we're to blame for CV balancing too...

We are, to a degree. WG put the new CVs up for testing, and only a comparative handful of players actually bothered logging into the PTR. Few enough that WG ended up dropping CVs onto the live server prematurely just to get the data that they needed. If we shun Submarine battles then WG will prematurely integrate them into randoms in order to get the data that they need. 

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
8,978 posts
13,134 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

WG put the new CVs up for testing, and only a comparative handful of players actually bothered logging into the PTR

well maybe if WG wouldnt put up a PTS thats during an event on the live server, then maybe they wouldnt have that problem, yet, they continue to do so

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[D-DAY]
Members
51 posts
9,257 battles

The bots are no more than 4 and usually none today. 90% is massive hyperbole.  Its been a great deal of fun and very little complaining especially versus randoms.  Of course, only 2 BBs usually a match so....

• Boring 1

Members
1,000 posts
Just now, RetAF said:

The bots are no more than 4 and usually none today. 90% is massive hyperbole.  Its been a great deal of fun and very little complaining especially versus randoms.  Of course, only 2 BBs usually a match so....

Last game I just did all but 4 on each side were bots. Most of the games are full of bot, and most BB in all the games are Bots. 

Edited by SteelClaw

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
17,475 battles
16 minutes ago, Venac said:

Thats right... During test server very few tested them or played vs them. Now with the new mode up it is 90% Bots in there vs the subs. Players are like if I can't play subs I am not playing. Well,  I salute those in there playing BB, CA, CL and DD you are helping find the good and the bad just like the ones playing the subs. But, the fact the subs are playing vs mostly bots a good going over is not being done and if things do not turn out well when they go to random ( if they do ) you can partly only blame yourselves. 

/rant over

Hey, blaming the players for screw ups is WG's job! :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 3

Members
599 posts
17,631 battles
13 minutes ago, Venac said:

Very few tested them also. But, you are using CV as an excuse not to help then so be it. 

I tested the CVs. I provided feedback. Almost all of it was ignored.

So yes, my past experience says that testing subs would be a complete waste of my time as far as improving the game goes. They're wildly unpopular, yet WG seems deadset on introducing them, regardless of any feedback we provide.

• Cool 6

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles
9 minutes ago, Venac said:

/rant over

The problem with this line of thought is that people won't play games that don't interest them. You can't force people to play a submarine mode if they don't want to play submarines. I tried submarines in the Halloween event and found the game play boring. The videos I have watched from community contributors have also not piqued my interest and I will avoid the submarine queue as it is not my cup of tea. I am glad that people who enjoy submarines get to try out this mode but I do not wish to participate in it. 

Also, since you mentioned carriers, I would argue that many community contributors were posting about problems and potential fixes prior to the rework of the rework but War Gaming ignored them and released the carriers prematurely. They will do the same with submarines and captains that play them will get the same reception that many carrier players get in random battles even now. 

[SALVO]
Members
4,644 posts
21,718 battles

Op its primetime clan battle right now

Oh yeah it's ranked season also

And ruskin cruiser event 

And I blame WG for it all op

• Cool 1

Members
836 posts
5,479 battles

I am super hyped for Subs, played the PTS non-stop. I don't have subs yet... sad day. But I'm still playing the sub mode constantly, in all ship types.

It's honestly fun to play tier 6 matches without being bottom tier, ships like my Graf Spee and Prinz Eitel are having a ball rn. Yes, I am playing BBs too, because subs are not an insta kill to BBs, just play smart and 9 times out of 10 the subs won't get near you. 

Please keep playing the submarine mode guys, especially if you are planning on playing tier 6s anyway, it's a fun chance to play your tier 6s, and you might learn something about subs. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,173 posts
28,066 battles
27 minutes ago, RetAF said:

Glad you’re having fun. Must be great finding subs so easy to use and play.

I didn’t during the Halloween sub event, and I didn’t during the sub PT.

Not being able to be at least minimally effective with subs; not being able to at least have the slightest satisfaction of hitting and sinking dumb bots; makes sub gameplay frustrating, tedious, and boring as hell.

Watching the tails of your planes droning about a map is at least watching grass grow. Watching sub gameplay, at least the underwater part, is like watching a plot of dirt or mud with no grass seed.

22 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

So yes, my past experience says that testing subs would be a complete waste of my time as far as improving the game goes. They're wildly unpopular, yet WG seems deadset on introducing them, regardless of any feedback we provide.

Same here.

Many testers, including CCs later vilified for taking advantage of various of the new carrier mechanics, pointed out the problems which became obvious after the rework’s release.

In December during the PTs they did so.

Since nothing was apparently done to rectify those problems; how can any conclusion be drawn but that they were ignored?

11 minutes ago, SeaView_ said:

My question is where are all the folks who begged for Subs... why are they not in there doing it???????

lol

How true.

When I was finally able to log in to Subs last night, I was shocked at how few players were in queue.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Orrin said:

Please keep playing the submarine mode guys, especially if you are planning on playing tier 6s anyway, it's a fun chance to play your tier 6s, and you might learn something about subs. 

What might I learn that would change my mind after the frustration of the Halloween mode, and three weekends of sub PT?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,606 posts
13,182 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Orrin said:

I am super hyped for Subs, played the PTS non-stop. I don't have subs yet... sad day. But I'm still playing the sub mode constantly, in all ship types.

It's honestly fun to play tier 6 matches without being bottom tier, ships like my Graf Spee and Prinz Eitel are having a ball rn. Yes, I am playing BBs too, because subs are not an insta kill to BBs, just play smart and 9 times out of 10 the subs won't get near you. 

There's nothing fun about watching your DD's die in the first 5 minutes by suicidally charging into cross fires until one side is out of DD's, and then you get picked to pieces by the other ships. with the subs being mostly non-participants. It's not funny the first time, still not funny the second, and gets down right depressing on the 10th or 12th.

• Cool 1

[B-Z]
Members
227 posts
24,119 battles
36 minutes ago, Venac said:

/rant over

You're so wrong.

During CV testing I participated in multiple PTS. I voiced my concerns over the balance. It made no difference. CV made it too live server and what do you know it was out of balance as I had said on PTS.

I played subs on PTS. I can't play subs on live because random luck.

Blame belongs to the people who implement these systems in a terrible manner, execute them poorly, look at the wrong numbers in a spreadsheet, and ignore experienced voices like cc's and seasoned players.

Members
836 posts
5,479 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

There's nothing fun about watching your DD's die in the first 5 minutes by suicidally charging into cross fires until one side is out of DD's, and then you get picked to pieces by the other ships. with the subs being mostly non-participants. It's not funny the first time, still not funny the second, and gets down right depressing on the 10th or 12th.

This is a player problem not a game problem.  Some DD players will always rush in and die, this is nothing new. There are plenty of DD players who are playing well and are carrying Submarine matches, and i've seen plenty of top scoring BBs and cruisers aswell. 

[B-Z]
Members
227 posts
24,119 battles

Next you'll be saying weapons aren't lethal because no one has written in to complain about being killed.

[-ICE-]
Members
559 posts
29 minutes ago, Telastyn said:

They ask for feedback but when u give it they do the opposite....   plus posting on here just gets the couch potatos sending neg reactions.  I get them no matter what I post...  there like stalkers  haha

• Cool 1

[DRAH]
Members
430 posts
10,707 battles

This is absolutely a design problem. Flamu gives a very good breakdown of the design issues here:

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,606 posts
13,182 battles
Just now, Sir_Orrin said:

This is a player problem not a game problem.  Some DD players will always rush in and die, this is nothing new. There are plenty of DD players who are playing well and are carrying Submarine matches, and i've seen plenty of top scoring BBs and cruisers aswell. 

So far, DD's have found even faster ways to die. Which is not a good thing. Player problems are Game problems, because at the end of the day, if it ain't fun, why play it? 

Wargaming overloaded the DD"s, there's too much on their plate, and it's gonna get really stale praying to RNGesus that matchmaker gave you a team of DD"s that are going to do something other than die in interesting fashions.

Members
443 posts
451 battles

Don’t worry, I’m not making WG pay me for not play testing their game. Heck, I’m not even collecting the free coal. Subs ain’t my thing, sorry if anyone feels butthurt by that.

• Cool 2

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
129 posts
16,474 battles

Priceless, people still think WG listens to the players....too funny.

• Funny 1