Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Maybe a minor bug....

4 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,601 posts
19,848 battles

I was tracking a surfaced red sub with my spotter plane today, and suddenly, the targeting recticle began to drop[ off target without me moving the  mouse.  I pushed it forward (up) again to place it on target, and it dropped right back down.  I was fighting the reticle.  I wanted it up...but it wanted to go down.

When I reviewed the replay, I noticed the sub began its dive while I had it locked.  Apparently, the lock stays with the sub as it dives.  Can't hit it...but the aiming reticle follows it...even if I move away from it...it moves back to it.

I'm betting the algorithm for the spot track didn't anticipate a tracked target submerging.  Hence the erratic behavior.  Not a big deal as I can't hit it anyway.  And in some ways, now that I know what happens, it is another indication the sub has submerged.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,306 posts
26,945 battles

Your old Avatar looked much better then again that's just my opinion.  

Members
1,433 posts
1,854 battles
55 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I'm betting the algorithm for the spot track didn't anticipate a tracked target submerging.  Hence the erratic behavior.  Not a big deal as I can't hit it anyway.  And in some ways, now that I know what happens, it is another indication the sub has submerged.

Interesting. Although if the aiming reticle is still following it, you should be able to hit it with large caliber AP.

[CNO]
Members
6,601 posts
19,848 battles
58 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Your old Avatar looked much better then again that's just my opinion.  

Df71b8CUwAANLiA.thumb.jpg.dc9daa6b82d70a2394fda3a4812120da.jpg

Sign in to follow this