You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Wargaming Game Center – All in One!

63 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

Hasn't this been around for a while?    I have always used this and I have been here over a year.  Seems cool to me.

Looks good!  Gotta Love one stop shopping.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,193 battles

So I switched like 3 years ago and what ever and there was supposed to be some kind of reward way back then. WGC has been on my PC since it inception, what is it 2 or 3 years ago? More? Now I am participating? Check your old logs, Captain Kirk.

• Boring 1

Members
18 posts
6,374 battles

I have zero interest in any game other than World Of Warships. Do I have to install this anyway? It seems so, as whenever I try to start the game, it insists on taking me to the Launcher installer, and canceling out of that end the game loading.

• Cool 7

Members
2 posts
1,043 battles

I also have no interest in having this installed on my system. The only Wargaming game I play is World of Warships, and I don't want some client running that is using up memory, trying to sell me things and, I assume, harvesting a load of my data. The only benefit of a centralised system like this would be if you could freely change servers and keep progress and purchases to play with international friends, but that's not an option.

I've been a player for years but if there is no way around this I will likely delete my account.

• Cool 7

[L_I]
Members
12 posts
5,437 battles

as a steam user, did i ever have to do anything with this update?

You never f uc ki ng answered the question.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
291 posts
22,229 battles

image.png.bf6cc87de9c35af680905400fc3382aa.png

more like tired of beeing forced to install additional launchers/stores/centers etc for every different company these days... especially since I only play one game in WGs case and now I basicly have to install 2 things for 1 game...

• Cool 4

[JEDI-]
Members
2 posts
1 hour ago, scoobrz said:

as a steam user, did i ever have to do anything with this update?

You never f uc ki ng answered the question.

I've been wondering this for months now. lol. I keep seeing people post this question but never get an answer.  It seems like as Steam users we can just ignore any updates relating to a launcher bc Steam is our launcher.

[FLNVY]
Members
113 posts

why yall getting mad about the launcher its virtually no extra storage

you arent even installing another game

its just "in case" and its easier for everyone to recieve the updates more quickly. 

nobody cares if wows is the only game you play and you have no other interests in other games made by WG. The answer is simple. dont play them. Its the same launcher, just easier for everyone.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4

Members
2 posts
1,043 battles

@IDAMAN_04 Because it's more intrusive and it's unnecessary. The standalone launcher has worked fine alongside the WGC for over a year, why change it now? The answer is because they either want to push something or because they make money from selling data. I'm not saying delete the WGC because I'm sure some people find it useful, I'm just saying don't make it mandatory.

You're right, the answer is simple and if WGC continues to be mandatory I just wont play wows. I was just expressing my opinion because I quite like the game, I semi-regularly spend money in the shop and it would be a shame to lose all that (and to lose another player for the sake of a silly change).

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,412 posts
12,651 battles
4 hours ago, BoneCrepitus said:

i just want to play warships  I do not want to install any more stuff.  Is this mandatory?  honestly its about the last straw 

I was a little nervous but I just did it and it was easy peasy took less than 10 min  . Every body has your stuff anyway there's no real worries it works the same as always looks good ..

[SOUTH]
[SOUTH]
Members
17 posts
20,455 battles

sad  issue is that with over 600 days of premium left and a hatred for the game center a forced install of that... lets be nice and just call it spyware... that also crashes your system and is constantly doing stuff in the background ... is annoying as there is no way in hell WG will ever refund you for the hundreds of days you have left on your premium account.

and wargaming does what they want anyway, years ago they said ""surface combat only""  and now the submarines are shoved down our throat.  they also stated """realistic warships"" and now they are releasing warships that where a brain fart in some designers pet hamster.

ah well the average lifespan of an online game is only 5 years so by the time all my premium is gone the game will be dead as well

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[DUNE]
Members
4 posts
5,999 battles

Just bought premium time and 300 signal flag bundle not to mention 3 premium ships recently and now I am unable to play because you want to Force the WGC spyware garbage?? I have ZERO interest in other WG product and even IF I wanted to, the WGC crashed my game and computer. So what that's it? now with time off of work and dollars spent I am unable to get into the game.. Gents help me out here.. I love WoWs  but promise you never get another cent if you don't fix this. atleast let us USE the old launcher as it has been working not force this on us. if people want it then that's GREAT for them But I DO NOT. PLEASE FIX THIS WG. oh and have a fine day.. instead of playing WoWs suppose ill take my time and $ elsewhere. thanks for all the fish 

• Cool 2

[-GDP-]
Members
21 posts
20,843 battles

installed new GC now I can't play the only game installed thanks alot    been waiting over 1hr now for game to fix itself should have just uninstalled and started over  update after 2hrs repair is up to 44% IP says download speed is 5M yet your game comes across at 600+/- KBs IP says its game WG says its IP who to believe might be fixed today hopefully pretty much blows today update2 3hrs in download speed is down to 160kbs what a piece of crap     update3     4hrs into repair  65%still downloading at 160KBs maybe Saturday I can play again now even the WG staff will not respond well done WG

Edited by heilmut2
wait period

[SOUTH]
[SOUTH]
Members
17 posts
20,455 battles
1 minute ago, Trian_Atreides said:

Just bought premium time and 300 signal flag bundle not to mention 3 premium ships recently and now I am unable to play because you want to Force the WGC spyware garbage?? I have ZERO interest in other WG product and even IF I wanted to, the WGC crashed my game and computer. So what that's it? now with time off of work and dollars spent I am unable to get into the game.. Gents help me out here.. I love WoWs  but promise you never get another cent if you don't fix this. atleast let us USE the old launcher as it has been working not force this on us. if people want it then that's GREAT for them But I DO NOT. PLEASE FIX THIS WG. oh and have a fine day.. instead of playing WoWs suppose ill take my time and $ elsewhere. thanks for all the fish 

well the "not Russian" owner of Wargaming.net has your money now and if you read the EULA you can not sue Wargaming.net unless they broke the law .. but as the EULA also states that wargaming.net can make any changes they want.... your like me.. stuck between grabbing another pc without any data but just the game  and a hell of a firewall or kissing your cash bye bye.

WG does what it wants, the staff won''t answer questions they fear may cost them their job.

[DUNE]
Members
4 posts
5,999 battles

Yes sir you are indeed correct and I know from other issues with WG in the past they don't care anyway just had to "voice" my frustration with this crap for lack of a better term. as I said Oh Well just go and play something else and never spend another dime on WoWs. have a great day sir and GL with this I have no hope. after all this time and $ spent that is depressing.

[SOUTH]
[SOUTH]
Members
17 posts
20,455 battles

i got a reply !!!!!

New answer to your ticket ID: XXXXXXXXXXX

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Wargaming Player Support.

Currently the game can be launched only via the Wargaming.net Game Center (WGC). For detailed information about using it please check
the news.

Get in touch if anything needs clarifying.

John Snow - Wargaming support

Edited by Radm_Doorman

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

2 hours ago, IDAMAN_04 said:

why yall getting mad about the launcher its virtually no extra storage

you arent even installing another game

its just "in case" and its easier for everyone to recieve the updates more quickly. 

nobody cares if wows is the only game you play and you have no other interests in other games made by WG. The answer is simple. dont play them. Its the same launcher, just easier for everyone.

It is not the same launcher.  It never was.

WGC files are downloaded and installed with the rest of the game, whether you use the WGC or the classic launcher.  In case of the latter, the WGC files sat unused (presumably unused, but don't know for sure), until today...

A red flag for many people is that ostensibly the WGC offers help with very simple tasks that no one asked for help with.  This, from an application that - in it's initial form at least - took up several additional gigabytes of storage space and ran very busy in the background.  Users noted this and took the WGC as spyware.

WGC deservedly received an extremely negative reception from the community when introduced, and that view still holds for many today.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 2

[MR-1]
Members
1,979 posts
23,179 battles

does not  work on my windows 7 PC as it cant find an internet connection   no matter how many times i download it   and try again  . it just cant find an internet connection  . it never has worked  on my PC   since it came out  for that reason  .  I would rather keep my old loader . 

• Cool 1