Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Starfire394

Engine Room Protection and Cruisers

4 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
318 battles

Is it ever preferable to use Engine Room Protection on Cruisers?

Or are the Special Upgrades (extended duration Radar, Hydro, Speed Boost etc.) just always the better choice? (assuming you've got the coal)

[ARGSY]
Members
24,477 posts
18,460 battles

I get my rudder and/or engine broken on cruisers with such depressing regularity that I feel more or less obliged to take it on anything other than BBs and carriers. Then again, I play a lot of co-op... and the frequency with which the bots conveniently make an engine or rudder breaking shot immediately after you DCP the first one, in order to be able to escape, is legendary.

Not sure how this is going to apply to submarines. I have a feeling that anything which is in a position to break the rudder or engines a second time is highly likely to destroy the sub outright.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,069 posts
14,189 battles

I tend to run the engine room protection mod on most cruisers, just like I tend to run dcp 1 on most battleships. There are a few ships where I run one of the coal mods (radar on Moskva/stalin/Alaska, speed boost on Georgia/JB/eventually some of the french cruisers), but for the most part they’d be fine with just the normal credit mods. 

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles

Mobility and speed are quite important for cruisers, I would dare say even more than for DDs, because a cruiser is a bigger target.

I almost always take “last stand”, a few CAs can do without it, but sure all my CLs have it.

Given the above I rarely use engine room protection.

Sign in to follow this