You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tankmaster2003_hero

Coal: what to save up for/look out for in the armory

23 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
2,732 battles

Yea just saving up coal as usual. I wanna get Thunderer but I already have another premium BB, the JB, so I'm kinda iffy on that choice. Another thing I'm considering is getting Kuznetsov for the Petropavlovsk I'm gonna grind for, but Will to Victory seems tailor-made for the Kremlin. Thoughts?

Also, any news on upcoming/soon to be added coal ships? 

Thanks.

[QQ7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
90 posts
9,604 battles

Thunderer is insanely good. Def worth the coal. I personally don't find Yoshino or Marceau worth it.

Saving coal is always a good choice if you  really don't want the options you have atm. Coal is insanely hard to get and you dont wanna spend it on something you may want vs having something you want but cant get.

And no news on coal ships any time soon, from what i do know. Flint and Black for sure, but probly a few months according to WG.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,980 posts
48,416 battles

I have all the tier 9 and 10 coal ships except the Thunderer and Marceau.  I'll get the Thunderer when the June coupon arrives.  I don't have any intention right now of getting the Marceau.  As far as commanders, I don't think any of the coal commanders are worth the coal.  But thats just my opinion.

[SRBL]
Members
539 posts
13,976 battles
46 minutes ago, tankmaster2003_hero said:

Yea just saving up coal as usual. I wanna get Thunderer but I already have another premium BB, the JB, so I'm kinda iffy on that choice. Another thing I'm considering is getting Kuznetsov for the Petropavlovsk I'm gonna grind for, but Will to Victory seems tailor-made for the Kremlin. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Thunderer is stupid OP. I have a 53% win rate regularly but I'm 80% in that thing with 50+ battles. 

I have Kuznetsov, right now he's in Sinop for ranked but normally he's in Kremlin. In ranked he's saved me in several games with the WtV skill. 

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,677 battles
2 hours ago, tankmaster2003_hero said:

Thanks.

Kuznetsov is definitely worth it. Works well in Kreml (where I have him) but would in a CA too.

Thunderer is also really good.

Either one would be a good option I would say.

I would say either Aigr or Siegfried would probably be a Coal ship and the other FXP maybe? But, not so sure they will be worth anything with how much WG has messed with/nerfed them.

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,662 posts
25,803 battles

While I honestly dont know, just like a CC so dont assume I have inside knowledge, I'm hoping to see one of the German cruisers for coal and the other for free experience. Maybe like they did for Azuma and Yoshino. That's my hope, to see Agir/Siegfried for coal/free experince.

They did say Black, Flint, and Neutsrashimy would be released for coal around d 6 months after their removal from the armory.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,077 posts
22,567 battles

I have both the Thunderer and Kuznetsov.  Both are worth the coal.  I also have the Yoshino and I like her a lot.

I have about 130k coal saved up right now and will decide to go either the Georgia route OR wait for the Ludendorff (which I believe will be the KM BB that was hinted at being for sale with coal).

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts
5 hours ago, tankmaster2003_hero said:

Thanks.

There is a German BB coming to coal I believe

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
2 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

While I honestly dont know, just like a CC so dont assume I have inside knowledge, I'm hoping to see one of the German cruisers for coal and the other for free experience. Maybe like they did for Azuma and Yoshino. That's my hope, to see Agir/Siegfried for coal/free experince.

They did say Black, Flint, and Neutsrashimy would be released for coal around d 6 months after their removal from the armory.

I think they said it would be at least six month. Not a 100% sure.

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,662 posts
25,803 battles
58 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

There is a German BB coming to coal I believe

Oh yeah! That's correct. The tier 9.

46 minutes ago, Learux said:

I think they said it would be at least six month. Not a 100% sure.

Yeah they made have said "at least." I'm not sure. I just know 6 months was mentioned.

Members
18 posts
2,732 battles
19 hours ago, kyesac said:

OR wait for the Ludendorff (which I believe will be the KM BB that was hinted at being for sale with coal).

Ludendorff? I heard about the Siegfried and the other german additions but is there anywhere I can find info on this? But I'm not too keen on getting these German premiums with how WG has handled them in terms of nerfs and stuff. 

Members
18 posts
2,732 battles

Ight I think I'm just gonna get Thunderer because it seems pretty good not overly-cancerous ship. I'm gonna get Jack Dunkirk from the Dunkirk collection so that will also coincide nicely. Also, It seems to be better to just get a normal unique Soviet commander because they get three boosted commander skills whereas Kuznetsov only gets one boosted skill, and like I said I don't think Will to Victory is really needed on the Petro for how much he's worth. 

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,077 posts
22,567 battles
3 hours ago, tankmaster2003_hero said:

Ludendorff? I heard about the Siegfried and the other german additions but is there anywhere I can find info on this? But I'm not too keen on getting these German premiums with how WG has handled them in terms of nerfs and stuff. 

[WGF]
Members
67 posts
10,521 battles

Sitting on 200k waiting for a German to appear, otherwise I may crack and go Yoshino.

For OP, I do not regret Thunderer, and in fact it made me decide to get Conqueror too

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
449 posts
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:17 PM, admiralsexybeast said:

Currently just saving mine up for when the Neaustrashimy comes back in as a coal ship.

That's what I want to do, but I might just grab the Georgia first and re-mine the coal. 

My only problem is do I use the expiring coupon on a coal or steel boat?

[FORM]
Members
2,112 posts
13,009 battles
23 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

That's what I want to do, but I might just grab the Georgia first and re mine the coal

I'm debating that myself. But as interested as i am I'm the GA,i think I'm going to hold off til the next announcement.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
On 6/6/2020 at 4:58 AM, S7CentNickel said:

That's what I want to do, but I might just grab the Georgia first and re-mine the coal. 

Coupon should always be used to save steel assuming there is a steel ship you want to buy for the simple reason that steel is harder to earn.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
On 6/5/2020 at 10:58 PM, S7CentNickel said:

I dropped all but 720 or so coal today on the Georgia. Go watch Flamu's video on her (about 8 months old). I like her - and I dropped Bull into her. 

Now I won't have to  even consider coal ships for probably another year, as it will take that long to accumulate enough to even start looking. 

:cap_haloween:

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Hallo mein frendz!

I recently acquired the Thunderer from the Armory.  Now I am grinding coal for the Georgia.

My question is will the Georgia still be there after WG issues new Armory coupons in a few weeks? 

I'm currently sitting at about 42K in coal and even with the new 25% off coupon there is no way I'll have the coal needed to unlock it.

The stress of worrying is killing me.

Anyone know when and how the Armory ships are changed? Are changes announced somewhere?

:Smile_child: