You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

WG, what's in the box?!?

22 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles

Their Warhammer sale is basically "give us $10 for stuff" - they're not even pretending with showing their fancy golden dice with the magical + symbols next to a camo without specs, or just some flags thrown in there. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows_warhammer_40k/ 

"In Warhammer 40,000 containers players can find one of the rewards: special themed expendable camouflages or other different in-game goodies. You also have a chance to get premium battleship with distinctive themed permanent camouflage and 10-skill-point Commander."

Aka. "stuff" 

Edited by TheArc
  • Funny 3

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
796 posts
7,267 battles

Heh.  My knee-jerk reaction was to instananeously curse at Games Workshop for their prices and I haven't played or bought  40K in a decade. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

A lootbox that has the special battleship (Premium Amagi) or 5 or 10 camos. Presumably the chances of getting the ship are negligible.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,126 posts
6,782 battles

Unless you REALLY want the flags and the patches, I say it's best to steer clear of this little bundle.

"10 dollars for a potential Premium ship!" may sound too good to be true... and it most likely is.

Oh sure, we'll hear about few lucky souls that manage to get the ships from the crates... but few =/= all, and that's where the pitfall is.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to hear from some salty baboons who fail to understand how RNG works, only to complain that they didn't get what they want... and start blaming Weegee for being an evil greedy corporation, lol. :Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
24,477 posts
18,460 battles

As always: don't buy the boxes if you can't handle getting the least valuable reward for your money. 

If they sell the ships up front, I could be tempted to buy one if the price is fair for a T8 premium. For someone who did Latin for five years at school, "Ignis Purgatio" has a nice, ominous ring to it.

OTOH if it's like what happened with ARP redux, where the ARP Takao was much more expensive than the Atago she duplicates, it'll be "no sale" for me.

• Boring 2

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
35 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Mission...

Don't downvote me for just providing the info. IF you don't like the info that has nothing to do with me. WTH people??? :Smile_amazed:

I'll +1 ya b/c I never understood why folks shoot the messenger! So, where was that info? Why didn't WG put that on the page of the sale? How f'n annoying.  Stupid of them not to share the camo stats, probably something like 100/50/50

22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As always: don't buy the boxes if you can't handle getting the least valuable reward for your money. 

Oh, I totally get that. My issue was they didn't really explain what the rewards were at all. 

Edited by TheArc

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
55 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Heh.  My knee-jerk reaction was to instananeously curse at Games Workshop for their prices and I haven't played or bought  40K in a decade. 

There will be a new edition out next year, making everything we already have "obsolete", and the camo, signals, ship, etc won't be allowed in official events and tournaments.  

• Funny 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,668 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Their Warhammer sale is basically "give us $10 for stuff" - they're not even pretending with showing their fancy golden dice with the magical + symbols next to a camo without specs, or just some flags thrown in there. https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows_warhammer_40k/ 

"In Warhammer 40,000 containers players can find one of the rewards: special themed expendable camouflages or other different in-game goodies. You also have a chance to get premium battleship with distinctive themed permanent camouflage and 10-skill-point Commander."

Aka. "stuff" 

If you scan through this, you might find what you're looking for :)

-Hapa

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
51 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I believe the BB's are Amagi's but not 100% sure. I will try and find the camo bonuses.

EDIT - it does appear the BB's are Amagi's. I can not find the info on the one time use camos bonus wise. Not going to kill myself looking but did a little and don't find it.

Don't downvote me for just providing the info. IF you don't like the info that has nothing to do with me. WTH people??? :Smile_amazed:

I already have an Amagi, I don't need another. :Smile_teethhappy:

And yeah, people are strange about the emotes... 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,254 posts
11,723 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

There will be a new edition out next year, making everything we already have "obsolete", and the camo, signals, ship, etc won't be allowed in official events and tournaments.  

And this right here is why I won't ever play a miniature game again. I am still angry at myself for my investment in X-Wing, but at least I have a bunch of neat little Star Wars ship models...

[PVE]
Members
13,959 posts
29,482 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I already have an Amagi, I don't need another. :Smile_teethhappy:

And yeah, people are strange about the emotes... 

I have it too and really don't like it so don't need another either BUT - T8 = steel during snowflake events so...

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts
16 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Mission: (Randoms, Ranked, Co-op, Scenarios)

• Part 1 - Win 3 Games = 2X Crates (1 for each side)
  • Part 2 - Cause 150,000 Fire Damage = 2X Crates (1 for each side)
  • Part 3 - Sink 30 Ships =  2X Crates (1 for each side)
  • Part 4 - Get 25 Captured/Asst Captured/Defend Ribbons =  2X Crates (1 for each side)
  • Final Reward For Completing 1-4 =   2X Crates (1 for each side)

Crate Contents: (RNG content drops you get 1 of the following p/ crate)...

Imperium Crates:

• 5X Protector of the Faith Camo
  • 10X Protector of the Faith Camo
  • Battleship Ignis Purgatio + 10pt Capt (Justinian Lyons VIII the Cold) + Port Slot 

Chaos Crates:

• 5X Primordial Annihilator Camo
  • 10X Primordial Annihilator Camo
  • Battleship Ragnarok + 10pt Capt (Arthas Rogthar the Cold) + Port Slot 

I believe the BB's are Amagi's but not 100% sure. I will try and find the camo bonuses.

EDIT - it does appear the BB's are Amagi's. I can not find the info on the one time use camos bonus wise. Not going to kill myself looking but did a little and don't find it.

You realise that saying don't downvote me to some in this community will get you....a downvote.

I put an upvote to try and balance things out, but I think the avalanche of downvotes will be inevitable (the temptation being too much for some! :Smile_teethhappy:).

Edit: Oh no, now I got a downvote - what am I to do! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Boring 2

[WOLF4]
Members
292 posts
10,325 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The mission info came from the WOWS NA news article on the colab. The crate contents came from a post on Reddit that was showing a post from Hapa somewhere.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows_warhammer_40k/#missions

c3bhq1a37g151.jpg

Not tooting my horn, just background info for how this image came around;

I initially screenshoted this image to share with friends in a text msg on 5/27 in the morning. Later, I realized that the post was since edited with this info missing.

I wouldn’t buy anything with at least knowing what is in it and it seems I luckily snagged this and wanted it to be shared for those who were on the fence to have some knowledge of what these crates can potentially bring. 

Edited by ZaCLoNe
Time stamp added

Banned
627 posts
10 hours ago, TheArc said:

Aka. "stuff" 

You don't have to do it. This is a pre thing, the collab is coming next patch this bundle is a way to get a possible head start.

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
2 hours ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

You don't have to do it. This is a pre thing, the collab is coming next patch this bundle is a way to get a possible head start.

Never felt like I had to do anything, just was pointing out how absolutely unclear WG was about what was in the containers. And a head start towards what... is there more that WG has hidden here? 

Banned
627 posts
53 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Never felt like I had to do anything, just was pointing out how absolutely unclear WG was about what was in the containers. And a head start towards what... is there more that WG has hidden here? 

No I don't think there is more, same stuff, ssme rewards. Wargaming is just letting us have an extra chance for stuff before the event itself. Sort of like they do with premium ships before certain events. 

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
7 hours ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

No I don't think there is more, same stuff, ssme rewards. Wargaming is just letting us have an extra chance for stuff before the event itself. Sort of like they do with premium ships before certain events. 

I totally understand what you're saying, and I think you're right... but my point is we're all guessing, WG could (and should,) simply say what's in the box - even if it is just listing "random odds of getting this, that and the other."