You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TadpoleFishTaco

Does anyone know the average amount of BBs per game?

12 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
109 posts
4,673 battles

I'm looking into getting Asashio as I want a torp boat that I can play occasionally but I really don't wanna grind down another line as I'm working on the RN DDs right now. Does anyone happen to have a statistic for the average number of BBs per game so I know if Asashio would be worth the money?

Also, are deep and super-deep water torps be able to hit subs?

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

if subs get introduced into randoms bb numbers will drop and asashio isnt the greatest premium , i would highly recommend atago or if you want a dd get a kidd.

[WORX]
Members
13,240 posts
20,094 battles
8 minutes ago, TadpoleFishTaco said:

I'm looking into getting Asashio as I want a torp boat that I can play occasionally but I really don't wanna grind down another line as I'm working on the RN DDs right now. Does anyone happen to have a statistic for the average number of BBs per game so I know if Asashio would be worth the money?

BB avg is strong.. 5BBs a match is a regular sight in high tier matches... Fire cruisers are also the norm...

DWT do not sink subs because the sub game mod is for tier 6 ships.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,122 posts
9,241 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

BB avg is strong.. 5BBs a match is a regular sight in high tier matches... Fire cruisers are also the norm...

DWT do not sink subs because the sub game mod is for tier 6 ships.

Mind, PA DDs have DWT, so there's at least 1 DWT ship at T6.

As for OP, it depends on what you look for in a DD. I like my Asashio as I like IJN torp boat guns having such a high damage per shell. They and ships like Okhotnik are really the only DDs I've found that scratch my "high" alpha itch. What I look for in my ships is a unique aspect. Most of my favorite ships are weird, and Asashio is among the strangest.

If you think you can kill cruisers with Kagerou without using torps, you'll enjoy her. If not... just go for Kagerou. Asashio is one of the harder DDs in the game to perform consistently in. She can't torp DDs or cruisers after all, and yet one is often left with no BBs alive by late game. At 900 matches, you might regret buying her. I'd suggest playing Kagerou first if you haven't yet.

[SCCC]
Members
109 posts
4,673 battles
31 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

if subs get introduced into randoms bb numbers will drop and asashio isnt the greatest premium , i would highly recommend atago or if you want a dd get a kidd.

I don't really like playing cruisers and I already have Cossack, so I don't want another premium gunboat DD. I'm looking for a torp boat that I can pick up easily. 

6 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

If you think you can kill cruisers with Kagerou without using torps, you'll enjoy her. If not... just go for Kagerou. Asashio is one of the harder DDs in the game to perform consistently in. She can't torp DDs or cruisers after all, and yet one is often left with no BBs alive by late game. At 900 matches, you might regret buying her. I'd suggest playing Kagerou first if you haven't yet.

Even with 900 matches I consider myself a fairly good player, and I research the crap out of any ship I'm about to get. I've found that having the book-smarts makes getting the street smarts much easier in this game. I tend to avoid torping cruisers anyway since I've been playing a lot of Cossack and 1 torp launcher makes torping them hard, so I think I'll be alright dealing with them with guns. 

imo the only way I'll regret Asashio is if BB numbers plummet with subs, I'll still be able to cap, scout, and kill enemy DDs like in my Cossack (albeit with slightly harder knife fights), but I just want to have a torp boat to take out occasionally and have no interest in grinding a line all the way to the t8 just to take it out once or twice a day when I feel like taking a break from my RN DDs. 

I realize that you're not just supposed to buy a high tier DD, but I have a pretty good understanding of how the game works and I've been doing well in my DDs so I would just have to adjust my style of play a bit in Asashio and I'd be alright.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,122 posts
9,241 battles
1 minute ago, TadpoleFishTaco said:

I don't really like playing cruisers and I already have Cossack, so I don't want another premium gunboat DD. I'm looking for a torp boat that I can pick up easily. 

Even with 900 matches I consider myself a fairly good player, and I research the crap out of any ship I'm about to get. I've found that having the book-smarts makes getting the street smarts much easier in this game. I tend to avoid torping cruisers anyway since I've been playing a lot of Cossack and 1 torp launcher makes torping them hard, so I think I'll be alright dealing with them with guns. 

imo the only way I'll regret Asashio is if BB numbers plummet with subs, I'll still be able to cap, scout, and kill enemy DDs like in my Cossack (albeit with slightly harder knife fights), but I just want to have a torp boat to take out occasionally and have no interest in grinding a line all the way to the t8 just to take it out once or twice a day when I feel like taking a break from my RN DDs. 

I realize that you're not just supposed to buy a high tier DD, but I have a pretty good understanding of how the game works and I've been doing well in my DDs so I would just have to adjust my style of play a bit in Asashio and I'd be alright.

Well, if you're so confident, go ahead. Just don't be that guy that takes advantage of having 20km range torps to spend the whole match humping borders and missing while ignoring caps. Likewise, don't become that guy that sneaks behind the reds and torps, as 20km is typically able to reach your team. So long as you avoid both these things, you will likely be in the top 10% of Asashios, sad as it sounds.

She's a DD with smoke and torp reload booster at the same time, and only really Benham and that steel T10 US DD can keep up with her torp output while not foregoing smoke access. She has a hilariously tiny detection range, and, due to her prey being what they are, she can just fire torps on cooldown and save reload booster for those situations you really wanna take advantage of a good shot.

If your accuracy is good, her guns will perform well. If your prediction skills are good, her torps are absurdly powerful. She can also fire "might as well" torps at bad CVs 20km off and possibly sink them so long as the CV doesn't get spooked.

Members
1,183 posts

Harekaze is better IMO but not sure if they sell it still?  It’s like a Kagero but you can build it as a torp boat or a hybrid with the Akizuki guns. Has torpedo reload booster for maximum lols.

Otherwise what about T6?  Shinonome is available through the campaign, great bote. Also the T-61 is a premium to consider.

I have Asashio but rarely take it out. Hard to carry with it. One trick pony. Your will rate will suffer. It’s also true that the inevitable release of subs will reduce the BB population. Can’t really recommend Asashio at this time. 

Edited by n00bot

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

She can also fire "might as well" torps at bad CVs 20km off and possibly sink them so long as the CV doesn't get spooked.

Actually...the CV getting spooked (but just a little too late) is the only way you will sink them from 20k out (& then only if you waste a TRB charge on it...NOT RECOMMENDED BTW) because the spread will be too wide for more than 2 torps to hit...but if it's just taking off & you get amazing luck it might be moving fast enough to eat 4 or 5 of them...but again...only if the TRB is used (& again...NOT RECOMMENDED to waste it on a 20km shot) will you get a sink unless CV was already damaged before.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,010 battles
4 hours ago, TadpoleFishTaco said:

You can find that data very easily. Look at your last twenty replays and see. Also get some replays from friends and check those, another 40-50 replays should be enough to give you a ballpark guesstimate. Offhand, I would bet the number is going to be around 3.8-4.2

Asashio also has good guns. Don't underestimate it. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,122 posts
9,241 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually...the CV getting spooked (but just a little too late) is the only way you will sink them from 20k out (& then only if you waste a TRB charge on it...NOT RECOMMENDED BTW) because the spread will be too wide for more than 2 torps to hit...but if it's just taking off & you get amazing luck it might be moving fast enough to eat 4 or 5 of them...but again...only if the TRB is used (& again...NOT RECOMMENDED to waste it on a 20km shot) will you get a sink unless CV was already damaged before.

1-2 torps to a CV is a lot of damage coming from Asashio. T6 CVs would be so crippled that they'll either have to retreat hard or be killed. T8 likewise would need to retreat after that, losing effectiveness.

Is it the optimal shot? No, obviously not. But if you have no good shot and have noticed the red CV not being very smart you can put a giant target on their back if even a single torp lands. If an Asashio isn't spotted, it is very hard for a CV to keep them in mind perfectly.

The number of times I've had close calls or taken a torp because an Asashio missed their target is higher than one might expect, for instance. Those torps are hard to really account for if nobody gets hit and the Asashio isn't spotted.

Just as taking a DD down to low health vastly reduces their options, taking off half or more of a CV's health is putting them in the range of easily being one-shot by a BB.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I think anywhere between 4-6 BBs is average. 

(But BBs are dYiNg - according to some guy on youtube)