Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Combine the PTS with the live server?

7 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,080 posts
19,494 battles

Was thinking about the temporary submarine mode on the live server. Would it be more beneficial to move the PTS to the Live server in its own separate mode? I know some people including myself have never been able to make the PTS work. The separate mode on the live server is easy peasy. In addition just use the same reward system as is being used with the submarines. Some bonus with XP and a additional random bundle / container a day. May be able to get more participants that way.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 2

Members
358 posts
5,932 battles

Considering we already have CCs sailing around in ships that we have little to no information on and wrecking us, I'd say we might as well do just that.

I also can't get PTS to work so it would be nice to test out things in the main client.

• Cool 1

[O_S_D]
Members
178 posts
18,450 battles

Seeing as how I could never be bothered with even trying to dl and get on the PTS server, I think this would be a very good idea.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,490 battles

The point of having the PTS on it own server is it can still have bugs on it that could lead to problems.... 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,080 posts
19,494 battles
13 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

The point of having the PTS on it own server is it can still have bugs on it that could lead to problems.... 

I see, I've never been able to get the PTS to work so I am unaware of the severity and occurrence of bugs. I feel the move of the submarines to it's own mode was a good move. I've read where people  have complained of lack of participation on the PTS as of late. Would it being a separate mode than random, coop, operations, ect not shield the latter from a bug on a live server side mode? I am not server savvy so I ask in earnest.

[PVE]
Members
8,507 posts
24,689 battles
7 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I've never been able to get the PTS to work

I couldn't for awhile once they changed it to the RU servers long ago but learned the solution that may be what is occuring to you...

In order to get the rewards you need to "use the same user name" so when I was trying to get into the PTS I was choosing the option to "Log In".

What I actually needed to do was "Start a New Account" as it's a seperated server I didn't have an account on (in the past when it was on the US server logging in was all that was needed...took me 2 months to figure out the problem).

When I did that w/the same user name it asked for my password & after I entered my password it said I needed a password w/#s in it & not just letters (as my password only has letters) so I added a 42 (the answer to life the universe & everything) at the end of my password & it worked just fine.

Hope that helps you out :-)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,507 posts
24,689 battles
2 hours ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

I also can't get PTS to work so it would be nice to test out things in the main client.

^^^^Sorry...meant to tag you too in the post above & forgot.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this