You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

NO THANK YOU

73 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
6 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

image.thumb.png.e2e216f3a545290643e006397fbc7b50.png

I will not encourage this (Submarines) in any shape or form.  Unless you want to see submarines in randoms, clan battles, etc., I suggest others refrain from doing anything with submarines given the current mechanics.

Regardless of whether you like Submarines, I encourage you to try Submarine battles. The +100% XP/+15% credits challenge makes it worth it for CV/BB/CA/DDs that need grinding.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 13

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles

If you refuse to test submarines in the small pond that they’ve been allocated, then WG will just drop them into randoms and force you to test them on the high seas. 

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,002 battles
9 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

I will not encourage this (Submarines) in any shape or form.  Unless you want to see submarines in randoms, clan battles, etc., I suggest others refrain from doing anything with submarines given the current mechanics.

Sorry man, but you know as well as I that the devs are going to shove this turd down our throats. I won't play them, but I am joining to learn how to play against them. 

• Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
8,176 posts
6,059 battles
21 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

I agree, I think the mechanics involved are dumb. I want to play them but not as they are now, boycott is on.

13 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Regardless of whether you like Submarines, I encourage you to try Submarine battles. The +100% XP/+15% credits challenge makes it worth it for CV/BB/CA/DDs that need grinding.

:Smile_ohmy: I'm such a [hoe]... so many ships to grind... I'm sold :Smile_coin:

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,178 posts
28,072 battles
48 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

If you refuse to test submarines in the small pond that they’ve been allocated, then WG will just drop them into randoms and force you to test them on the high seas. 

I tested them in the smaller pond of the PT.

Frustration was the name of the game, whether I was playing subs or ships.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 5

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,607 posts
13,182 battles
49 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Their eventually going into randoms regardless of any testing done, where they don't belong in the first place. Destroyer players will stop queing, and the game will die. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

So far sunk 2 subs, Gaede is the ship to use... I am not seeing major issues and unlike the CV aborktion this is not bad at all, in fact pretty fun surprisingly. Damn near got 1 sub with torps which is true Irony.

You have to really use wsad hack when attacking a sub with Depth Charge and stay on them or at least behind which makes it feel like a dd hunting a sub. So far this is not game breaking and actually something good for the game IMO.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts
1 minute ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Their eventually going into randoms regardless of any testing done, where they don't belong in the first place. Destroyer players will stop queing, and the game will die. 

The main problem I have seen so far with DDs trying to depth charge subs is that the sub keeps them spotted so while they are trying to attack it every ship on the enemy team within range is attacking the DD. It reminds me a lot of a large bomber going in for its final attack run and having to fly straight and level and not being able to dodge flak.

In real WWI-WWII life a sub submerged below periscope depth couldn't spot a ship and radio its location to the fleet. Even the sub couldn't get an exact fix on the ship when below periscope depth; at best it could get a general bearing on it by listening to hydrophones or a more specific bearing by pinging it.

Maybe:

• Subs should have permanent RPF (that is, "hydrophones").
  • A ping reveals the position of the enemy ship on the minimap.
  • An exact bearing on the enemy ship would require coming to periscope depth. Only at periscope depth or on the surface could a sub spot for the team.

• Cool 7

Members
148 posts
3,053 battles

I’m having a blast with submarines. There’s some things that need tweaks, but overall it’s been implemented well. 

bring on the premium subs 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 6

[--O--]
Members
994 posts
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The main problem I have seen so far with DDs trying to depth charge subs is that the sub keeps them spotted so while they are trying to attack it every ship on the enemy team within range is attacking the DD. It reminds me a lot of a large bomber going in for its final attack run and having to fly straight and level and not being able to dodge flak.

In real WWI-WWII life a sub submerged below periscope depth couldn't spot a ship and radio its location to the fleet. Even the sub couldn't get an exact fix on the ship when below periscope depth; at best it could get a general bearing on it by listening to hydrophones or a more specific bearing by pinging it.

Maybe:

• An exact bearing on the enemy ship would require coming to periscope depth. Only at periscope depth or on the surface could a sub spot for the team.

Agree with everything but the RPF. ---- It should be a skill but if taken has a penalty with it for subs, maybe an increase in it being spotted or shorter submerged time.

• Cool 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,607 posts
13,182 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Maybe:

The bigger problem is where the DD has to be trying to attack the sub, it has to be out front, alone, where it will be spotted by other DD's and CV's. That the sub will also constantly spot them is just the icing on the cake.

That subs can instantly surface and dive is also a big issue. Just had a submarine "dodge" bombs by diving from what looked like fully surfaced while the bombs were falling.

This game is probably heading for an uninstall the instant submarines get in randoms.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Members
148 posts
3,053 battles
1 minute ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

When they come out. this game will die.

Whatever. Everyone always says games will die because of new stuff and they are always wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 7

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,607 posts
13,182 battles
Just now, MichiganEagle said:

Subs are here to stay. The cat is out of the bag. For better or for worse.

It will be for the worse. With what I just saw, there will be no reason to play when they go live.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,607 posts
13,182 battles
1 minute ago, Netharon said:

Whatever. Everyone always says games will die because of new stuff and they are always wrong.

No, this one is different, they've just taken 60% of the players and made them targets.

• Cool 2

Members
148 posts
3,053 battles
5 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

No, this one is different, they've just taken 60% of the players and made them targets.

I played against submarines a lot in PT, and now on this client. I have not been sunk by a sub yet. I have destroyed many. Battleships are feasible targets, but I’m sure they will get some sort of ASW for balance in the future. 

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
867 posts
7,298 battles

Spotting while submerged is pure [edited], worse than island penetrating radar

• Cool 2

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,920 battles
32 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Maybe:

One of the issues I brought up months ago was realized when I played the one Submarine match this afternoon:  our second DD was caught in the open chasing a sub and was massacred by planes.....   The level of confusion was great and we actually had a Team Killer on our side:  that ship shot three of us with torps - didn't destroy any of us thank goodness - was reported by several....  With all of that going on, it was a one sided stomp.  We won and I didn't drop a single DC; because, the enemy carrier was guarding where their sub was operating from and in a Fabuki...........no..........  Confusion reigned supreme !!!  I'm just am having some serious doubts that subs will make the game better.......  I was going to play only subs for a while and I think I'm changing my mind on that till we see what sub play does....  If they keep subs in that separate mode, no......  

Members
467 posts
8,409 battles

If the battleships and cruisers have any sense. they would be shooting at the ships attacking their destroyers, or shooting the destroyers hunting their own submarines.  This ensures their own survival as an enemy with no submarines and you having friendly destroyers and possibly submarines intact means you have a slightly higher chances of winning than they do.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,178 posts
28,072 battles
47 minutes ago, Netharon said:

I played against submarines a lot in PT, and now on this client. I have not been sunk by a sub yet. I have destroyed many. Battleships are feasible targets, but I’m sure they will get some sort of ASW for balance in the future. 

Hooray for you?

8 minutes ago, ithekro said:

If the battleships and cruisers have any sense. they would be shooting at the ships attacking their destroyers, or shooting the destroyers hunting their own submarines.  This ensures their own survival as an enemy with no submarines and you having friendly destroyers and possibly submarines intact means you have a slightly higher chances of winning than they do.

This?

Can someone please tell me what the point of even having submarines is, if 84-92% of the players in a Random match are going to be playing the same basic game anyway, unless they’re unlucky enough to stumble over a Red sub?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet