Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

I will give IKEA DD Torps this one thing...

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,839 posts
25,945 battles

... Those torpedoes can hit a friendly ship multiple times, they do so little damage that they won't turn pink :Smile_veryhappy:

4THLd44.jpg

After recounting the story in a following game:

i1hcLj6.jpg

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,446 posts
10,669 battles

When you rush against a half health BB around the island and dump all your ikea torps into him only for him to still live with a quarter health

cover3.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles

"Get X number of torpedo hit ribbons"

SHIMA: All fifteen hit, first two kill, 13 don't count.

HALLAND: *laughs*

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
454 posts
18,302 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"Get X number of torpedo hit ribbons"

SHIMA: All fifteen hit, first two kill, 13 don't count.

HALLAND: *laughs*

If I had a "10 things to fix in WoWS" list that would be acted upon, this subject would be on it.

You have a stat for percentage of torpedo hits, but what is described here makes that stat bogus.  I can see if you launch all 3 Shima spreads and torpedo 2 of the first spread kills the target, at the VERY LEAST all the torps in the first spread should count as hits (if they do hit).  I can see the 2nd and 3rd spread not counting, because you shot more torps than necessary.  However, when you don't have "single launch" ability, then you don't get to choose whether or not to "waste" those extra torps, so it shouldn't count against you statistically.  Just my $0.02 on this particular subject.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles
1 minute ago, Thunder_Feet said:

You have a stat for percentage of torpedo hits, but what is described here makes that stat bogus. 

Oh, I have always regarded that stat as complete and utter garbage. Just the fact of how many torpedo spreads are fired purely for the purpose of area denial (zero hits obtained out of zero hits expected) trashes it completely, even before we get to this factor.

• Cool 3

[ICOP]
Members
454 posts
18,302 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh, I have always regarded that stat as complete and utter garbage. Just the fact of how many torpedo spreads are fired purely for the purpose of area denial (zero hits obtained out of zero hits expected) trashes it completely, even before we get to this factor.

That's true, as well, good point.  The whole thing of meaningless stats that are nothing more than rocks for stat shaming jerks to throw would likely be worth an entire thread.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles
1 hour ago, Thunder_Feet said:

That's true, as well, good point.  The whole thing of meaningless stats that are nothing more than rocks for stat shaming jerks to throw would likely be worth an entire thread.

I believe those threads have already been written and explored to exhaustion. 

Sign in to follow this