You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

I Sank a Sub!

41 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,260 posts

The sub was never spotted. All I saw was a "boil" in the water like when a fish comes up and takes a bug off the surface. The boil then went away but I criss-crossed the area dropping depth charges. When I hit something I came back and dropped more in the area. After a lot of hits, I finally sank the sub (well, sank it to the bottom, as it was already "sunk"). I heard torp warning several times but nothing hit me.

image.thumb.png.2df708a53da588715177b25acdabc219.png  

• Cool 7
  • Boring 4

[REBCO]
Members
353 posts
4,212 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The sub was never spotted. All I saw was a "boil" in the water like when a fish comes up and takes a bug off the surface. The boil then went away but I criss-crossed the area dropping depth charges. When I hit something I came back and dropped more in the area. After a lot of hits, I finally sank the sub (well, sank it to the bottom, as it was already "sunk"). I heard torp warning several times but nothing hit me.

A T6 U-69? That is a very tough sub to sink, well played captain!!!!!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,478 posts
23,912 battles
42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

:Smile_medal:

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
36 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Lol now try to top my feat next. Sink 2 subs at the same time by hitting  1 depth charge on each sub, sink a DD, and then sink an allied cruiser using the Leander.... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

0 posts

I sank my first sub too.  

'Twas a good feeling hearing those depth charges (DCs) hit home.  

2020-05-27 (2).png

2020-05-27 (3).png

2020-05-27 (4).png

2020-05-27 (5).png

• Cool 1

0 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol now try to top my feat next. Sink 2 subs at the same time by hitting  1 depth charge on each sub, sink a DD, and then sink an allied cruiser using the Leander.... :Smile_veryhappy:

Good luck with that....and fair seas!

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,312 battles

Submarines mode was so darn boring. Went back to randoms

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
47 posts
4,156 battles

Continuing to live up to my name, how do you get submarines?  Probably I'm not reading things properly, but do you only get 1 token each day, no matter how many battles you fight, therefore theoretically I could take up to seven days to get the subs.  If that's the case, how did you guys get your subs that quick?  Since the sub thing only started a few hours ago, did you luck out on your first log in? 

I didn't check closely, but are most of the subs bots?

Does the fact that I have played 7 games so far, (never lasted more than 5 minutes in any of them), have any effect on how this works?

Thanks for any info.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

1st impressions are that subs are ridiculously difficult to sink with depth charges. Any DD that wishes to try will be perma spotted. A CV/Sub division (or a CV smart enough to stay very close to a sub) will either ruin enemy DDs in minutes or the sub will be allowed to run roughshod over the opposing team.

There are a lot of issues to work through. The asinine mechanic of assured detectability needs to be revisited as it applies to the interaction between surface ships and submerged subs. As it stands, subs are just another means by which to counter smoke (unless DCs are buffed SUBSTANTIALLY).

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Played 2 games in sub mode with Farragut.

1st game sank a sub, poor guy got double teamed by me and another DD.

2nd game I was over the game mode until I actually have subs to play.

[GGWP]
Members
7,582 posts
17,943 battles

So now the threads about how because a sub has been sunk one time means they are super easy to play against begin. 

[WG]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff
93 posts
536 battles

Don't mind me. I'm just lurking to make sure I don't get screenshot and end up in this thread >.> 

• Funny 2

Beta Testers
105 posts
13,592 battles

Well, my luck with attacking subs, made a run on 1 with Aigle and get collision kill, so didn't get any DC damage. 

Question, at what depth is a sub shallow enough to lead to a collision? He was at about 5m depth.

As for BBs verses Subs, I tried many time to cause damage with HE and had no luck. Never saw an enemy Sub on surface to shot at, but tried to hit the ones at 6m or less.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles

So how many others clicked into this thread expecting to see something like this?

sub.png.d0fbbaf57e9283e5ac42c26f4693bf5b.png

I feel trolled!!!   

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[ABCD3]
Members
524 posts
15,084 battles

After playing the initial sub-mode in PT.   It would be nice to have a Sub icon destroyed ribbon.   Just to let you know how many sardines you sunk vs. "Ships".

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles
41 minutes ago, Mademoisail said:

Don't mind me. I'm just lurking to make sure I don't get screenshot and end up in this thread >.> 

Huh??

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles
6 minutes ago, Blackychann said:

Sub gameplay itself looks pretty boring, however - depth charging them to hell apparently is damn fun ......:cap_haloween:

It's actually very hard to do and can leave a DD very exposed

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
30,965 posts
26,039 battles
53 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So now the threads about how because a sub has been sunk one time means they are super easy to play against begin. 

Why not?  If people can make threads about how Radar, CVs, Fires, etc. did something to them, why not about killing Subs?

As if that's an impossible venture?