Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Skywalker

Any comprehensive player made Sub guides out there?

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,580 posts
17,764 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Skywalker said:

So are there any comprehensive player made sub guides out there anyone can recommend?

The video and article on the web site is the best at the moment. Several CC's have sub vids but the design is still just firming up and the META is completely still in flux. 

Having said that I would expect some very good guides out before we have Subs in full live mode.

• Cool 1

Members
876 posts
5,967 battles

If you got it I recommend S-1. The cachelot has long range torps but is sluggish. The German sub has hydro but shortest range torps. You’d think that’d give it the best movement but that goes to the S-1. S-1 has the medium range torps, best dive and surface speeds, diving and surfacing speed is crucial for diving away from depth charges and homing torps from other subs. The subs move very slowly on a plain when sudmerged so diving or surfacing adds to the movement required from the homing torp and helps. Depth charges are pretty much death if you aren’t at the deepest depth which can be blocked by shallow depths. So play where it’s deep. 
cachelot is great at sniping but keeping pings on ships at max torp ramge is a challenge. The closer the ship is the easier it is to adjust pings if you miss. 
the German hydro can be a life saver against other subs I. Sub on sub combat also it can show all the torps a little better as well as hidden subs.

its not comprehensive but it’s what I picked up on PTS. I was hoping to test more today or tomorrow but it’s cool for me.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,727 battles

If someone is depth charging you then get above 6m. You'll probably be too close to shoot at, and you won't take any charge damage.

Otherwise play it as you would any DD and treat depth as on demand smoke.

• Cool 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,271 posts
15,924 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_Skywalker said:

So are there any comprehensive player made sub guides out there anyone can recommend?

Sub is now the eyes of the fleet, be sneaky, don't just dump torpedoes because you are kill hungry and want damage.
You will end up sunk, because sub's cannot fleet fast enough. 

Subs should be the ones capping the zones first (have to be within 6 meters of sea level) 

Spot Spot Spot is the aim of the game

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,015 posts
7,823 battles
5 hours ago, Capt_Skywalker said:

no

Sign in to follow this