You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Fighting against subs. Well maybe?

56 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts

3 games against subs.  2 in Dallas one in Ranger.

People complain about CV saying you cannot hit them and so on.  There are things one can do against planes. Group up turn and so on.

But when your target literal says you cannot hit it, well that is a problem.  I could not damage a sub with anything other than DC.

WG you have effectivly eliminated all but a ver CL and DD.  Leander is pointless as well because it does not have DC.

Flying it saling around a sub because you cannot do anything about it just dumb.  At least give CV the abilty in game to change to DC.

Make the sub come to the surface every few min somthing.  But when your target literal says you cant hit it, thats a problem.

Sadly you probably dont care because you knew this in the begging.  Giveing sub the abilty to recharge underwater instead of thebl surface is just silly.

I will try the sub if I get it but whats the point of playing a game when you literaly cannot hit the red team by design.

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
796 posts
7,260 battles

They gave Leander depth charges.  I played my sub battles this morning with it.

Members
4,678 posts
45,486 battles

Actually I bombed surfaced subs. Because they have to be on top to cap. I just hover HE bombers above it and if it pops up, boom. Periscope depth is easy for torps.

The real issues here is if a CV player protects DDs and cruisers alike at start of match, then sibs die quick. I spot and fleet gets them.

They fire conventional torpedoes until they have to come up to ping.  But I keep them deep, no ping. No ping and most BBs can dodge. That makes most cruisers and DDs hard to hit.

I had a Sub track me in my CV. And while he got close enough, I hit him hard one time on top and end of argument. "We better give this buckaroo a wide berth."

It's all about understanding what they can and can't do.

[WMD]
Members
1,928 posts
10,934 battles
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

People complain about CV saying you cannot hit them and so on.  There are things one can do against planes. Group up turn and so on.

But when your target literal says you cannot hit it, well that is a problem.  I could not damage a sub with anything other than DC.

WG you have effectivly eliminated all but a ver CL and DD.  Leander is pointless as well because it does not have DC.

Flying it saling around a sub because you cannot do anything about it just dumb.  At least give CV the abilty in game to change to DC.

Make the sub come to the surface every few min somthing.  But when your target literal says you cant hit it, thats a problem.

Sadly you probably dont care because you knew this in the begging.  Giveing sub the abilty to recharge underwater instead of thebl surface is just silly.

I will try the sub if I get it but whats the point of playing a game when you literaly cannot hit the red team by design.

This is beautiful!! A CV apologist getting frustrated by the lack of counter play!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 4

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles
15 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

This is beautiful!! A CV apologist getting frustrated by the lack of counter play!

It's delicious.

• Funny 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

No true.  There is counter play against planes.  There is never a time when AA cannot shot and damage planes.

Shooting at subs it literaly says you cannot.  I under stand your a hater so what you going to hate more?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
3 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Actually I bombed surfaced subs. Because they have to be on top to cap. I just hover HE bombers above it and if it pops up, boom. Periscope depth is easy for torps.

The real issues here is if a CV player protects DDs and cruisers alike at start of match, then sibs die quick. I spot and fleet gets them.

They fire conventional torpedoes until they have to come up to ping.  But I keep them deep, no ping. No ping and most BBs can dodge. That makes most cruisers and DDs hard to hit.

I had a Sub track me in my CV. And while he got close enough, I hit him hard one time on top and end of argument. "We better give this buckaroo a wide berth."

It's all about understanding what they can and can't do.

They dont have to serface to recharge battery. So why do they ever come to surface?

Pluse bombs should work at perascope depth.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,537 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

They dont have to serface to recharge battery. So why do they ever come to surface?

Pluse bombs should work at perascope depth.

They have to surface to cap, they have to surface to increase their spotting range and a sub is vulnerable to anything at periscope depth.

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Downes said:

They have to surface to cap, they have to surface to increase their spotting range and a sub is vulnerable to anything at periscope depth.

To shells, bombs?  Or only torps?

I have not been able to experance thme yet as the loot box did not drop yet.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

I was not going to play subs but if they can frustrate CV drivers I might have to give them a try.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[BONKS]
Banned
957 posts
5,389 battles
1 hour ago, VeatherVitch said:

Just wait till people in BB's and Heavy Cruisers clock on that if it's you vs only subs at the end of the game. Exit to port is the easiest way. 

• Funny 1

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Downes said:

Then why can't I shoot them?

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles
7 hours ago, jags_domain said:

just adapt your playstyle or just dodge

• Funny 4

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,537 battles
1 minute ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Then why can't I shoot them?

I should have clarified a sub is vulnerable to being attacked by any ship at periscope depth.
 HE bombs, rockets, SAP and HE main battery guns and secondaries can damage subs up to 5(?) meters down. Depth Charges even deeper of course.
AP shells have worked for me if surfaced and just as the sub is submerging. 

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
Just now, Admiral_Downes said:

I should have clarified a sub is vulnerable to being attacked by any ship at periscope depth.
 HE bombs, rockets, SAP and HE main battery guns and secondaries can damage subs up to 5(?) meters down.

I don't know if there's any truth to CV attacks, but you're just flat out wrong about guns and secondaries. You cannot shoot a sub unless it's on the surface. If you target it, it literally says "impossible to hit."

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
796 posts
7,260 battles

BB's have basically become extinct in my last few sub battles.  They're mostly bots or non existent.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
2 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

Not frustrated. You see as I can think and not work off of hate I understand that you can shoot down planes and you can hit the cv.

It very different when it states that you cannot hit it.

So if think about it then you can understabd things.

• Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
1 minute ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

Maybe the can use similar counter play a "discussed" in other recent threads....

lol.gif.7ac28301252a415c40948fe96c169907.gif

Toss a coin to your witcher!

:cap_like:

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,072 battles
56 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

No true.  There is counter play against planes.  There is never a time when AA cannot shot and damage planes.

Shooting at subs it literaly says you cannot.  I under stand your a hater so what you going to hate more?

Hahaha. There is no counter play against aircraft carriers. That has long been established. Stop deluding yourself.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
43 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

Just wait till people in BB's and Heavy Cruisers clock on that if it's you vs only subs at the end of the game. Exit to port is the easiest way. 

Even some CL are pointless.  Nuremburg does not have DC so its out.

The sub should be damagable at perisope depth.  After all its only 20-30 feet down.

[SGSS]
Members
6,220 posts
24 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Hahaha. There is no counter play against aircraft carriers. That has long been established. Stop deluding yourself.

This is how lies and hate spread.  You lie knowing there are things you can do against planes and the cv its self.  You lie because you cannot admit the truth or your inept game play and to make others angry.

Fortunity its been a year and the lies and hate will not stop and now cv players just dont care about uninformed lieing hate spreading players.

So back to subs and being literaly impossable to attack.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
468 posts
8,464 battles

If the submarine is 5.9 meters down or above, anything can hit it.  If its is 6 meters or more down, only depth charges and sub launched torpedoes can hit it.

However in they are around 5 meters down, they are hard to hit because only the top of the conning tower is at the surface, making for a small target.

If you are in a ship aiming at them and see "Impossible to Hit" that means they are 6 meters or more down.  If it does not say that, they are 5.9 meters below the surface or higher.  Meaning you and your secondary batteries can fire on them.  HE works best.  I blapped a few subs on the PTS with New Mexico.  And did a fair amount of gun damage to one on the surface with my Vasteras today before they dived....than I sank them with depth charges.  I even hit one with a rocket from Ryujou.  I tried to get a bomb hit, but missed (I was after a Perth, but spotted the sub on the way there).

• Cool 1