Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Appealing a chat ban

3 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,444 battles

Question: I have appealed a chat ban, and was provided with a response in which a number of my in game statements were claimed to be in violation of the EULA. Thing is, on the face of them or taken in proper context, none of the provided statements can justify a seven day chat ban. So, what I'm asking is, can I respond to the judgement of my appeal? I can't see any way to continue my appeal, and it seems to me that the arbiter was provided with a complaint in the form of a ticket, and chose to cull through a number of games to find a reason to chat ban me.

In the provided examples, there are some statements that violate the EULA and some that can only be assumed to violate the EULA without looking at their context (ie: pointing out that an opposing player is an idiot in chat directed only to one's team is not an insult, as the opposing player had no way to know that anyone called them an idiot, and therefore cannot be insulted by the action.) As for the statements provided in which I was in violation, they are clearly very minor infractions, none of which, on the face of it, is deserving of a seven day ban. 

I can accept a one or two day ban for my infractions, but given the examples to justify the action against me, it seems arbitrary, unaccountable and capricious.

• Boring 1

Community Department
3,342 posts
1,300 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

Question: I have appealed a chat ban, and was provided with a response in which a number of my in game statements were claimed to be in violation of the EULA. Thing is, on the face of them or taken in proper context, none of the provided statements can justify a seven day chat ban. So, what I'm asking is, can I respond to the judgement of my appeal? I can't see any way to continue my appeal, and it seems to me that the arbiter was provided with a complaint in the form of a ticket, and chose to cull through a number of games to find a reason to chat ban me.

In the provided examples, there are some statements that violate the EULA and some that can only be assumed to violate the EULA without looking at their context (ie: pointing out that an opposing player is an idiot in chat directed only to one's team is not an insult, as the opposing player had no way to know that anyone called them an idiot, and therefore cannot be insulted by the action.) As for the statements provided in which I was in violation, they are clearly very minor infractions, none of which, on the face of it, is deserving of a seven day ban. 

I can accept a one or two day ban for my infractions, but given the examples to justify the action against me, it seems arbitrary, unaccountable and capricious.

Thank you for the report, I've checked. There is no way to appeal in such a situation. 

This ban is neither from complaints (but you received some from other players) nor from our Support.
So the context you mentioned looks offensive to others. And after the check, I agree with other players. There is no excuse if you respond to a provocation even. It's still a rule violation. Support colleagues answered right.

Such moments in the chats always confirmed with a number of violative logs and with complaints also. 
This ban from the system is not first, so it's longer. Next one will also be longer. Works as intended. You'll need to exclude offensive words to prevent future bans. 

If you still have questions about this situation, please contact me in PM.