You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Weekly Combat Missions: Operation Dynamo

19 comments in this topic

[CRF]
Members
1,027 posts
9,204 battles

Rats - thought this was the real Operation Dynamo that was being re-introduced into the game.  Oh, well - thanks anyway for the missions!

• Cool 4

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

This may be a strange question but I just noticed that I already have Jack Dunkirk , I have him parked in a CV I never use. Believe it or not I am JUST getting around to learning what to do with all of these special captains I have.  I'm not sure how I got him ( or just about all the others I didn't buy or use coal for, just by playing I guess ) 

I see the requirements to get him again will just happen by playing normally.  What happens if I get him again?  Most of the others I saw you can only have one of and I didn't see anything in the notes about this one.

Thank you for the info.

Edited by Col_Nasty

Supertester
14 posts
6,338 battles

You get Jack Dunkirk by completing the collection. So if you already have him, you can't get him a second time.You can get Bert Dunkirk out of the Armory though which gives you a second captain with the same bonuses.

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
2 minutes ago, Dark_Lord_Thraxus said:

You get Jack Dunkirk by completing the collection. So if you already have him, you can't get him a second time.You can get Bert Dunkirk out of the Armory though which gives you a second captain with the same bonuses.

I have both so this is a no reward mission then I guess.  I see what got me mixed up.  We are also working on the Hunt for Bismark right now ..  Only on the first cup of coffee...    Thnx Again.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[LANCE]
Members
897 posts
6,834 battles

Shame this wasn't the "Operation" (PvE) Operation Dynamo. What a real wasted opportunity to bring back something that many players loved!!

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,193 battles

False Hope, at least Newport is gone for a few weeks again though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[O_O]
Members
7,038 posts
17,380 battles

Yes, the scenario "Operation Dynamo" was a lot of fun to play.  All the air attacks, the torpedo boat attacks...and the rewards were nice!  WG made a thing the players enjoyed...and so they take it away.  :Smile_unsure::Smile_sad:

• Cool 6

[BTLST]
Members
770 posts
11,829 battles

One would "logically" presume that the real Operation Dynamo (many of us loved to play) has been quietly killed off by WoWs and in its place, we are being given this poor substitute replacement as it took very little effort on the part of the game designers.    If this is the case I wish to strongly object, as I'm sure many other players will as well (especially the DD playing community)!    But of course, Operation Dynamo allowed the players to earn a bit more than WoWs, with their new emphasis on raking in all the money they can, wished to permit.   

Once again WoWs is deaf to their customers/players outcry to restore Operation Dynamo (the real one) and Operation Cherry Blossom back into the game.   Instead, they seem to be acting like the infamous, autocratic Czars of their country's past history and treating us as serfs to be used and abused!

• Cool 5

[MR-1]
Members
1,979 posts
23,179 battles

are bring back the operation for this  .. 2 of my achivements were removed that i got from this operation  . "saving  comander jenkins " and  "ill be right back  . they looked like  1 hand was holding a chicken leg and the other was a thumbs up 

• Cool 2

[JOIN]
Members
5 posts
2,162 battles

WOW. when i first glanced at the news post i thought my prayers have been heard! WG has brought back our most beloved Scenario, Dynamo! i guess i shouldn't be surprised they didn't. just some f-ing combat missions. WG never fails to disappoint, its the few things their good at. 

Edited by daniel7241
  • Cool 5

[KNCOL]
Members
3 posts
13,808 battles

Such a shame that WG didn't take this opportunity to re-release the Operation Dynamo scenario.

If land-based aircraft are the problem (since to get the air power as seen on the OG Dynamo, you'd need something like seven of those custom Luftwaffle Langley carriers off the map, with artificially sped up plane regeneration time as well), then why not instead swap in low/equal tier Kriegsmarine destroyers as torpedo boat wave minibosses? ...Or add Type-VIIs (with homing torpedoes disabled, of course). Or, hell, just inflate the range of the shore-based guns so that they can potentially hit you across the map, but only when you get spotted by the torpedo boats?

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
Members
1,979 posts
23,179 battles

so we dont actually get to play the subs today unless our first token gets us the subs . so most of us well end up loosing about a weeks worth of play if we dont get the subs till the last token . realy bad thinking WG  . thank god i got the chance on the PTS 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

[-HE-]
Members
182 posts

I actually got excited here for a moment that Operation Dynamo was coming back but then again, wargaming never fails to severely dissapoint.

• Cool 2

[MR-1]
Members
1,979 posts
23,179 battles

yes i  have had 2 achievments removed for some reason  that i got during operation dynamo . why they removed it and cherry blossom operation i have no idea  . there are plenty of players not happy  new ones havent been made  i have circled  my achievemnts that have been removed  for some reason . 

Missing Achievements.jpg

i had to  paste all 3 screens into one because for some reason  they have that stupid split window in the game 

the hand holding the chicken leg was saving commander jenkins  and the hand with the thumbs up was i'll be back 

Edited by Gaelic_knight