You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Soviet Containers - Finally a High Roller!

43 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,121 battles

Hi all,

Just finished the third directive today, and I wanted to show you this epic drop from a Soviet Container. 

1042431653_200527SovietContainer-HighRoller.thumb.jpg.cbd686b7eb8c098fed705652dc9e5e6b.jpg

Currently feeling like a high roller atm.  Just totally amazing results - unlikely to be repeated in the remainder of this event. 

Hope everyone is having fun...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 16

[FORM]
Members
2,381 posts
13,548 battles

LOL, I hear ya! The best thing about these containers is that I don't give a crap about getting the ships or camo early. I've already ground out the XP and WG can stick their pathetic "random" containers in their...

• Cool 2

[UNHLY]
Members
3,243 posts
25,302 battles
10 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Hi all,

Just finished the third directive today, and I wanted to show you this epic drop from a Soviet Container. 

1042431653_200527SovietContainer-HighRoller.thumb.jpg.cbd686b7eb8c098fed705652dc9e5e6b.jpg

Currently feeling like a high roller atm.  Just totally amazing results - unlikely to be repeated in the remainder of this event. 

My chest hurts from laughter, great one liners :Smile_great:

Fans cheering philadelphia union GIF - Find on GIFER

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,121 battles
1 minute ago, tm63au said:

My chest hurts from laughter, great one liners :Smile_great:

Fans cheering philadelphia union GIF - Find on GIFER

To be fair, WG has made it easy with this event. 

Dish out so many 5 token containers, make playerbase overjoyed and estatic when you get SPECIAL BONUS DOUBLE STANDARD DROP once in 40 containers.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,255 battles

Yeah, I think WG "overtuned" the drop rate of 5 token boxes for this event. I'll pick up the Talinn either today or tomorrow since the Bagration and Mikoyan challenges will reset.  I suspect that I will earn enough for Riga's perma camo and that will be all for this event.  I might have tried to gamble with the 500 doubloon boxes, but thankfully the very first box had only 5 tokens and saved me from my base instincts.

• Cool 1

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

There is no RNG with these token crates it is all Bell curve heavily weighted towards 5 token drops.

Out of 47 crates opened so far:

• 24 -   5 token
  • 13 - 10 token
  •   9 - 15 token
  •   1 - 25 token

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
805 posts
6,316 battles
12 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

So far of 38 crates, I've had 26 with five tokens, 6 with ten tokens, 4 with fifteen tokens, and 2 with twenty-five tokens.

Haven't been counting crates (and not inclined to fire up synapses to figure it out) but your results sound similar to mine. I have 280 and will finish D3 tonight. <shrug>

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

Yeah, I think WG "overtuned" the drop rate of 5 token boxes for this event. ...

I find it sad that some WG employees still speak about "RNG" tokens in this event. 

There has never been a more obvious example that randomness plays a minor role with loot boxes ... regardless of the event.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,243 battles

In a nutshell, if we all play regularly we all get the premium port queen to add to our collection of ships we don't play. The 1-2% will get the perm camo and perhaps more. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,126 posts
7,630 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

So far of 38 crates, I've had 26 with five tokens, 6 with ten tokens, 4 with fifteen tokens, and 2 with twenty-five tokens.

41 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

There is no RNG with these token crates it is all Bell curve heavily weighted towards 5 token drops.

• 24 -   5 token
  • 13 - 10 token
  •   9 - 15 token
  •   1 - 25 token

Screenshots or it didn't happen!  :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,731 posts
11,255 battles
44 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

• 24 -   5 token
  • 13 - 10 token
  •   9 - 15 token
  •   1 - 25 token

Just because the outcome is random does not mean that every outcome has an equal chance to occur. The drops are without a doubt heavily weighed towards 5 token drops. Every RNG-based lootbox in any game that uses them is always weighted towards the lower-value rewards. Just look at the random bundle information in the armory, where 50/100 contain 5 tokens, 25 contain 10 tokens, etc. It would not surprise me if that is a decent approximation of the drop rates from the containers.

Some people get good RNG draws, others do not. Also, keep in mind that unlike the bundles, each container drop is completely independent of the others, so it’s technically possible to open a thousand containers and end up with 5000 tokens. Myself, I haven’t spent a dime and already have the Tallin camo, and if I’m reasonably lucky I’ll have enough tokens at the end of the event to grab the ship.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
395 posts
17,296 battles
44 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

• 24 -   5 token
  • 13 - 10 token
  •   9 - 15 token
  •   1 - 25 token

Did not know there was a 25 token box, must be one of those rare boxes like the 300 token box. If I am lucky I will make 400 tokens by the end of the 4th directive.

• Cool 1

[1CVDV]
Members
263 posts
12,349 battles

I agree with stinkweed,i think a may have very close to 300.havent finished third mission yet.i may just collect what I can and collect 5/6 million and buy a boat ill use rather than have a pos t5 premium I will probably never use.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, Tim__2016 said:

Did not know there was a 25 token box, must be one of those rare boxes like the 300 token box. If I am lucky I will make 400 tokens by the end of the 4th directive.

Same here, thought I was seeing things when it came up.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Screenshots or it didn't happen!  :Smile_trollface:

You can have the spreadsheet. I'll send it snail mail once you publish your address here. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,045 posts
52,053 battles

I got one of those High Roller boxes too when I got the 10 containers for completing the latest directive.  One High Roller box with 10 tokens and nine standard boxes with 5 tokens.

Members
27 posts
5,117 battles

Thx for the laugh.  I almost don't want to open the stupid soviet containers cause of this anymore.  5 tokens is USELESS and so annoying.

[PVE]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
17,272 battles

I knew it would be bad RNG when my first SC of the year dropped yesterday, got India Yankee flags, the exact flags as my last SC. My 11 soviet boxes today netted 65 tokens. WooHoo. I might need an RNG reset.

[WOLF4]
Members
395 posts
17,296 battles
32 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

46 or 47 containers opened and still waiting for my first 300 to drop.

I am waiting for the 300 box also, but I think I have a better chance of my hair regrowing where I have lost it on my head.

4 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

I knew it would be bad RNG when my first SC of the year dropped yesterday, got India Yankee flags, the exact flags as my last SC. My 11 soviet boxes today netted 65 tokens. WooHoo. I might need an RNG reset.

I received I think a SC last couple days ago and got the same thing India Yankee, I figure better than nothing I use those flags. Just getting a SC I thought was  big deal something. I next to never see anymore.

Members
147 posts
6,986 battles
6 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Hi all,

YOU SHOULD BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!!

[KWF]
Members
6,367 posts
7,145 battles

It's pretty silly how RNG completely trivialises stuff. I got a 300 container by the end of Directive 2. Unlocking Mikoyan gives you 315 more, making getting the camouflage a pretty easy ndeavor. A second 300 container should all but guarantee Tallinn as well. Just cause RNG.

Edited by warheart1992