You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Synpax

Episode 021: Wargaming Deleted His Clan. A Convo with UMR-R's Lovely Saragota

27 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
184 posts
14,725 battles

Wargaming just announced the very public dismantling of long-time SEA Clan Battle and KOTS champions UMR-R, along with severe penalties stripping steel and steel ships from accounts of everyone in the clan. 

UMR-R's now-former leader joined us to discuss the punishment, whether or not it was justified, and what the future is for the clan's former members. 

https://anchor.fm/the-new-guys/episodes/Episode-021-Wargaming-Deleted-His-Clan--A-Convo-with-UMR-Rs-Lovely-Saragota-eek4cr

Edited by Synpax
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

I'll wait for someone to summarize.  If a Clan has been shut down it must have taken a lot.  Just not interested in the soap opera details.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
19,363 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

I'll wait for someone to summarize.  If a Clan has been shut down it must have taken a lot.  Just not interested in the soap opera details.

summary

potatoA want steel, UMR-R memberB want money

potatoA gives memberB real life money, memberB lets potatoA into UMR-R clan, and memberB play clan war with potatoA account.

after 30 victories in hurricane, potatoA's account get kick out of UMR-R clan with all the 11k steel earned from that 30 hurricane victories.

this happened way too often, WG noticed, and disbanded UMR-R and delete all steel anyone earned from UMR-R CW

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2

[AN2AC]
Members
187 posts
9,722 battles

They wouldn't originate from a country with a red flag and maybe yellow stars? :Smile_child:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,433 posts
18,402 battles
41 minutes ago, Synpax said:

Wargaming just announced the very public dismantling

Linky?

9 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

summary

potatoA gives memberB real life money, memberB lets potatoA into UMR-R clan, and memberB play clan war with potatoA account.

after 30 victories in hurricane, potatoA's account get kick out of UMR-R clan with all the 11k steel earned from that 30 hurricane victories.

this happened way too often, WG noticed, and disbanded UMR-R and delete all steel anyone earned from UMR-R CW

Owch. They were lucky not to get their accounts deleted along with their steel and the ships they bought with it. Or were they?

[TNG]
Members
184 posts
14,725 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Linky?

Owch. They were lucky not to get their accounts deleted along with their steel and the ships they bought with it. Or were they?

Link is in the podcast description. Yes, WG made clear they could go even further and delete accounts. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,330 posts
14,924 battles
11 minutes ago, Otago_F111 said:

They wouldn't originate from a country with a red flag and maybe yellow stars? :Smile_child:

China is its own server run by a Chinese company.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,433 posts
18,402 battles
3 minutes ago, Synpax said:

Link is in the podcast description.

"Page not found" :Smile_sad:

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

LETS GET RIGHT INTO THE NEWS!

KeemStar of ships guys.

good or bad thing you can decide, i know my opinion.

• Cool 2

[TNG]
Members
184 posts
14,725 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"Page not found" :Smile_sad:

Just FYI - the entire Asia forums are down right now for some reason. I presume the link will work eventually. 

here's the link to the same text on Reddit. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I wonder if they just assumed everyone in the clan was guilty, or only hit the accounts that actually showed evidence of "transfer".  

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts
58 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

summary

Thank you so much!  That is 100% Justified.  Abusing the system and indirectly costing WG money.

Col Out

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,063 posts
14,833 battles
2 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

Is there some kind of 'virus' setting in here? lol

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,257 posts

Large clans, especially if they are "elite" clans, oftentimes begin to think that they are immune from the consequences of their actions.

In an RTS franchise I played for about ten years a large clan of high-ranking players got to stealing accounts from new players by telling them that they would level up their rank for them if they would give them their passwords. This clan would then use these stolen accounts as shills, planting them on the opposite side of team games. The clan members playing the shill accounts would then throw games to ensure that the main clan accounts would always win.

Finally, the moderators had enough of it and mass banned one of the largest clans in the game, along with every account that any of them had ever played. What was strange though is that most of the clan members returned on new accounts and were allowed to play. This was a pay to play game, however. I guess that spending more money was "punishment" enough in the minds of the game's moderators. 

0 posts

They figured out a way to sell steel. The World of Warcraft gold farmers made their way into WoWs.

[B-Z]
Members
229 posts
24,153 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Amoral mindset. You can do it if you don't get caught.

Members
947 posts
5 hours ago, jason199506 said:

summary

Or maybe sell ships outright instead of locking them behind some currency not all ppl can access?

Members
7,122 posts
22,674 battles
3 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

They figured out a way to sell steel. The World of Warcraft gold farmers made their way into WoWs.

lols, I was thinking the same thing. I remember paying 25,000 gold for a run to get a Moose Mount......

[ARGSY]
Members
24,433 posts
18,402 battles
7 hours ago, Synpax said:

Just FYI - the entire Asia forums are down right now for some reason.

Okay, NP. Thanks for the reddit link in the meantime.

2 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

some currency not all ppl can access?

Anyone in this game can (technically) earn steel, even the free to play crowd.

5 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

They figured out a way to sell steel.

Yes and no. To the end payer it might seem that way, but the steel still has to be won by somebody's efforts in-game.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,877 posts
10,546 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Tell that to the bazillion CCTV clans and others of the like, who also use the warpack equivalent to boot here.  lol.

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

I understand why WG would be upset with this, but I don’t think anyone else needs to be. They figured out a way to monetize being a good player even if it wasn’t according to WGs rules and then got caught. They didn’t install hacks that made the game unfair, or do something that otherwise made they player experience a worse one like bottling. At that point I need to know why I should care. 

[HINON]
Members
8,993 posts
13,152 battles
16 hours ago, jason199506 said:

summary

after reading this, i cant say i feel much sympathy towards that clan and the members that took part in that 

to quote the Joker "You get what you [edited]deserve"

Edited by tcbaker777

[AN2AC]
Members
187 posts
9,722 battles
16 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I understand their server has not been updated for quite sometime, I think they still run the old CV setup. Lots of Chinese players on the Asian server, and have seen quite a few here as well.

[PSV]
Members
532 posts
19,966 battles

Interesting interview. The UMR-R guy basically said they deserved the punishment they got. Very honest and not at all what I was expecting.