You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Future Ranked Season Need to be Tiers 6,8,9, or 10.

41 comments in this topic

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles

I have analyzed why I am having increased difficulty in progress than usual and I really think it’s because the radar ships are either not for sale or for sale in cash only manner. Which results in greater radar imbalances. And on the mostly small Ranked tier 7 maps radar can be devastating in its effects. So from now on we need Ranked to either be tier 6 or lower or else tier 8+. That way the radar is either non existent or else available to everyone and perhaps greater odds of having things more balanced.

Other issues are with the exception of the Skane, all the DDs have 10km or less torpedo range aside from some premiums. This has added to DDs so often ending up in trouble as they go for a torpedo run and get hit by radar. I know this is an issue as I anticipated what maps I would get and then used Indianapolis equipped with the enhanced radar module and the results were devastating to the enemy ships as I also island camped the entire battles which I dislike doing but did it for testing.

Amd to be clear I am not having this be a radar complaint thread, more like unbalanced gameplay MM in this season of Ranked. The easiest solution would be to either not have Ranked be tier 7 or else make Belfast be a Coal, steel, or free XP ship to allow it to continue to fall into players hands. And I know people will thing I have lost my mind, but WG had opened Pandora’s box with Belfast and there is no way to get rid of the ship. So the best solution is to get it into more player’s hands as there will always be players with Belfast but not always enough players for MM to balance them out. And Belfast is the only tier 7 radar ship that carries radar while still being effective at fighting unassisted.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,079 battles

I've been playing Yudachi.  I don't think Belfast is really an issue. The real issue is that the mm does not balance radar ships. So I loaded into the last three losses in the team with no radar against the team with two radar. If the devs would take a few minutes time out from making broken Russian ships and fix it so that the rank mm balance is radar that would help a lot.

• Cool 3

Members
147 posts
7,001 battles

I hate ranked at t10. I infinitly prefere t7.

Aside from Belfast and Sinop, t7 ain't bad.

T6, and T8 could be good.

T9 has lots of brokenness so I vote no on t9.

• Cool 2

Members
26 posts
12,265 battles

Upon review, your ranked experience doesn’t really look that different from your overall account performance or past seasons.

This isn’t sprint remember. My suggestion is to put in on pause for a week and let some people rank out/move into 2-5 bracket. 

If your not winning games in ranked, it is a sign that the level of difficulty is a bit beyond you. You are not capable of making a significant enough impact to influence the outcome. Let the player quality degrade a bit and then go back in.

I could play 2-5 bracket right now but why break my balls with the try hards. I have a career, a life and a wife. I will rank out next week when they leave the queue. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
57 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I've been playing Yudachi.  I don't think Belfast is really an issue. The real issue is that the mm does not balance radar ships. So I loaded into the last three losses in the team with no radar against the team with two radar. If the devs would take a few minutes time out from making broken Russian ships and fix it so that the rank mm balance is radar that would help a lot.

As I mentioned there are premium DDs that can get around the radar at tier 7 Yudachi is one of those DDs. And torpedoing beyond radar range is a common trick I use at higher tiers or else the larger maps allow certain areas to be skirted so that if you are carrying 10km or less torpedoes they can still be used. Problem in tier 7 Ranked this season is not enough space to get around the radar really as you can so effectively use the radar by snuggling up to an island and hitting that Radar button at choice moments. Had to rely on my teams today, but used Indy with radar and hydro to wreak havoc on some of the enemy teams so long as my teams were skilled enough to take advantage of my radar as Indy’s armor profile, lack of smoke, and lack of torpedoes does not allow it to really fight too much.

And I agree part of the issue is not evenly distributing the radar. But as I also mentioned the best radar in tier 7 Ranked is the Belfast which is both widespread and yet restricted access which means your not always going to be able to evenly distribute the radar without allowing everyone access to it.

[_PEWP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,474 posts
13,462 battles

T1 or go home.

• Cool 2

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I have analyzed why I am having increased difficulty in progress than usual and I really think it’s because the radar ships are either not for sale or for sale in cash only manner. Which results in greater radar imbalances. And on the mostly small Ranked tier 7 maps radar can be devastating in its effects. So from now on we need Ranked to either be tier 6 or lower or else tier 8+. That way the radar is either non existent or else available to everyone and perhaps greater odds of having things more balanced.

Other issues are with the exception of the Skane, all the DDs have 10km or less torpedo range aside from some premiums. This has added to DDs so often ending up in trouble as they go for a torpedo run and get hit by radar. I know this is an issue as I anticipated what maps I would get and then used Indianapolis equipped with the enhanced radar module and the results were devastating to the enemy ships as I also island camped the entire battles which I dislike doing but did it for testing.

Amd to be clear I am not having this be a radar complaint thread, more like unbalanced gameplay MM in this season of Ranked. The easiest solution would be to either not have Ranked be tier 7 or else make Belfast be a Coal, steel, or free XP ship to allow it to continue to fall into players hands. And I know people will thing I have lost my mind, but WG had opened Pandora’s box with Belfast and there is no way to get rid of the ship. So the best solution is to get it into more player’s hands as there will always be players with Belfast but not always enough players for MM to balance them out. And Belfast is the only tier 7 radar ship that carries radar while still being effective at fighting unassisted.

Agreed with you 100% thrawn, this was like the last ranked seven they had, a smote meta and every thing else was the middle finger

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,963 battles

I've been using Z-39, Shira and Haida and I've not died to radar in any battle yet.  I have been caught with my pants down when I didn't remember Gorizia has 6km hydro.  I won't knowingly make that mistake again.  I make it a point to spot radar cruisers but I take great care to not be in a position to be caught by one.  If they are spotted, they are pinned down behind an inland and rendered ineffective, they run or are killed quickly if they are caught in open.  As a DD or another cruiser you just have to know where they are and be patient.

I have a Belfast and an Atlanta but decided DD play is more influential.  Adding more of them won't change anything as they are just as easily countered by BBs and other cruisers in the game.  They have to be within 8.5km and in practice, much closer to be effective with radar.  On these small maps that's usually a death sentence unless they have a well planned exit strategy where they won't get spotted.  And they are a threat to each other.  If one is spotted in range of another light cruiser, they are whittled down quickly. 

A well played Fiji is just as much of a threat and a terror in the hands of a very good player.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
11 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I've been using Z-39, Shira and Haida and I've not died to radar in any battle yet.  I have been caught with my pants down when I didn't remember Gorizia has 6km hydro.  I won't knowingly make that mistake again.  I make it a point to spot radar cruisers but I take great care to not be in a position to be caught by one.  If they are spotted, they are pinned down behind an inland and rendered ineffective, they run or are killed quickly if they are caught in open.  As a DD or another cruiser you just have to know where they are and be patient.

I have a Belfast and an Atlanta but decided DD play is more influential.  Adding more of them won't change anything as they are just as easily countered by BBs and other cruisers in the game.  They have to be within 8.5km and in practice, much closer to be effective with radar.  On these small maps that's usually a death sentence unless they have a well planned exit strategy where they won't get spotted.  And they are a threat to each other.  If one is spotted in range of another light cruiser, they are whittled down quickly. 

A well played Fiji is just as much of a threat and a terror in the hands of a very good player.

The problem is not my getting killed by radar, it’s the teams I get dying to it too often. Maps are too small to have one team with radar and the other none.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

Absolutely no on IX and X.  Been through that before and it was bad.  Especially X.

Tier VII is infinitely more enjoyable, even with the Belfast and Sinop.  They are heavily dealt with anyway and are often among the first to get sunk, especially the Belfast.

Tier VIII might be good, too.  But I would stop there.  No higher.

Banned
1,684 posts

What about drive what you brung any tier .... the lower the tier the greater the rewards.

Tier 1 = x 10000% bonus

Tier 2 = x 9900% bonus

Tier 3 = x 9800% bonus

ECT. ECT.

Above tier 6 no bonus regular payouts.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

I'm loving tier 7.  Radar is only really an issue when one team has multiple and the other has none.

I wouldn't mind tier 6 ranked in the future, though.  Tier 8 is a hard pass with all the CVs, especially Enterprise.  Tier 5 would also be kind of fun.  World of Kami clones and Giulio Cesares.

[WOLF6]
Members
914 posts

I'm enjoying tier 7 , it is what the game was before the damd rework . It's a bittersweet reminder of the game I used to play . It'll be back to co-op after this because I hate what the game has become after the travesty of a rework that was shoved down our throats . I'm opposed to tiers 8 and 10 because of the presence of CV's at those tiers . I refuse to play against them in randoms and I damd sure won't play against them with the smaller teams in ranked .

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

the radar mismatch is quite irritating especially when your team gets a gorizia instead of the enemy belfast (gorizia is quite useless please stop using it) a better balance to ship line ups would be nice.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles

Every ranked season, without fail, Grand Admiral Thrawn comes to post about why he can't progress in ranked. "I didn't have enough different ships at my disposal for the shifting daily meta," "I waited too long to push and rank out with all the other good players and now I'm stuck with all the bad players," "my teammates are all dying every match," "the tier is the problem because of radar imbalance even though I have the ship with the best radar of the tier."

176 battles and you're at Rank 10. The problem is your process of analysis on why always exclusively looks for outside factors beyond your control rather than looking at what the guy behind the keyboard is doing wrong.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[B2P]
Members
107 posts
11,974 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So long story short (TL;DR), you feel the ships paid for with cash should be the same as ones you received for free.

Naw, not gonna happen. Have some cheese with your whine

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You’d rather switch radar for cv? At least radar has a cool down and runs out, unlike planes.

Members
12,614 posts
14,320 battles
3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

You’d rather switch radar for cv? At least radar has a cool down and runs out, unlike planes.

Lol the ships I possess aircraft can be burned through at a rate where they either keep feeding me aircraft which increases my XP, or else they stay far away and are no longer a nuisance. Plus CVs are not an every battle thing either. Radar can be be and in the wring amounts. Which is why I would rather risk a tier where CVs exist and the radar issues are less than they are in tier 7 Ranked. And it’s not that CVs are not annoying since they are, but this season of Ranked has simply been more annoying than even the CVs.

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Every ranked season, without fail, Grand Admiral Thrawn comes to post about why he can't progress in ranked. "I didn't have enough different ships at my disposal for the shifting daily meta," "I waited too long to push and rank out with all the other good players and now I'm stuck with all the bad players," "my teammates are all dying every match," "the tier is the problem because of radar imbalance even though I have the ship with the best radar of the tier."

176 battles and you're at Rank 10. The problem is your process of analysis on why always exclusively looks for outside factors beyond your control rather than looking at what the guy behind the keyboard is doing wrong.

Why should we listen to someone who has so few battles

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,402 battles
4 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I have quite a few

Not on this account, you don't.

image.png.9cbff232824233ea11ebd76fac379f2c.png

Just saying.

Members
648 posts

The small map sizes make this season a blast. Up close brawling in every ship. So fun. Much better than the 16-20km engagements at T10 ranked.

I'd go for TVI as well except then there'd be CVs and with the poor AA at TVI it'd be a CV-off which sucks.