Capt_Ahab1776

Question about creating video content

7 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,079 posts
19,484 battles

I’ve got a new PC ordered and on the way. I’ve thought about trying my hand at creating video content. I know there are some members of the community who do this. What software do you use? I am thinking of course uploading some on YouTube. Is there a permission requirement from WG? I think there was some recent changes in the EULA with YouTube contributors? 

I know that’s kind of a jumbled up set of questions. My idea is similar to what is already being done. Replay with commentary. Maybe more along the lines of meme and or comedy based. 

Thanks in advance.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,721 posts
13,690 battles
45 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

What software do you use?

I picked up a copy of Sony Vegas (now called Movie Studio) on the cheap a few years ago.  DaVinci Resolve is also popular and utilized by quite a few folks out there.

46 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Is there a permission requirement from WG?

No, released video games are fair game.  

46 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I think there was some recent changes in the EULA with YouTube contributors? 

The only recent changes I'm aware of have to do with classifying videos as "for kids" or "not for kids", and their self-certification process for determining if a video is suitable for ads or not.  If you're just starting out on YT you'll have do deal with the former, but not the latter.  

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,462 posts
17,557 battles

the video card that come along with the new PC also had their own software that you can use to capture the screen (brand name video card). It also suitable to upload on youtube. It free full version

• Cool 1

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I’ve got a new PC ordered and on the way. I’ve thought about trying my hand at creating video content. I know there are some members of the community who do this. What software do you use? I am thinking of course uploading some on YouTube. Is there a permission requirement from WG? I think there was some recent changes in the EULA with YouTube contributors? 

I know that’s kind of a jumbled up set of questions. My idea is similar to what is already being done. Replay with commentary. Maybe more along the lines of meme and or comedy based. 

Thanks in advance.

I have used both NVIDIA Shadowplay and Streamlabs OBS to record videos. Both are free and you can experiment with which one works better for you.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,260 posts
4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I am thinking of course uploading some on YouTube.

Both open source and free.

https://obsproject.com/

https://kdenlive.org/en/

YouTube is free advertising for WG. Almost no gaming companies nowadays have trouble with players posting thier content.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this