Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Efros

Interesting Lineups

26 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
12,573 posts
11,676 battles

When you have a fire mission, you have to bring you best gal to the dance.

What do you do when everything is on fire? :Smile_hiding:

[LANCE]
Members
897 posts
6,834 battles

How long in that game where you on fire? :cap_wander: I know in OP’s just about every HE shell that hits you starts one but not sure about Co-op

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles

If you're taking a screenshot of the lineup at the start of the battle, there seems no reason to blank anything out as no shame has yet accumulated. For all I know, looking at this, everyone except you is a bot (the legal WG kind).

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,469 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For all I know, looking at this, everyone except you is a bot (the legal WG kind).

Must. Refrain. From. Correcting. The. Other. Admiral.

Star Trek Slapping GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Funny 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you're taking a screenshot of the lineup at the start of the battle, there seems no reason to blank anything out as no shame has yet accumulated. For all I know, looking at this, everyone except you is a bot (the legal WG kind).

Actually it was a completely human team, I blanked the names cos they're not me and consequently I can't assume permission to post it on a public forum. However, just for you I have attached a less drastically blanked screenshot where you can see the clans of all the participants.

702665269_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_05.26-18_20_48_62.thumb.png.40bde08548e1ca4066c0f1d2a4d20829.png

• Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
3,880 posts
11,996 battles
19 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

What do you do when everything is on fire? :Smile_hiding:

Fry up some bacon, of course! :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
6,427 posts
19,969 battles

So what is the best fire starter ship for the tier of targets it faces? . Per salvo ships like Thunderer win  but if you're looking at fires per minute with the ability to spread them around when you first target already has 2  fires, what ship(s) stand out? 

[_EASY]
Members
280 posts
17,401 battles
38 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

So what is the best fire starter ship for the tier of targets it faces? . Per salvo ships like Thunderer win  but if you're looking at fires per minute with the ability to spread them around when you first target already has 2  fires, what ship(s) stand out? 

For me it is the 3 Japanese gunbote DD's.  Even after the HE nerf, I still set a fire with the first salvo almost everytime.  If it is a DD or Cruiser I start a 5 second countdown and as soon as the damage controls ends. I light them up again.

Great fun...

[PVE]
Members
13,884 posts
29,287 battles
56 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Honestly, Conqueror and Thunderer are hard to beat for fire starting. They are my go to ships for it (and Module damage). Conqueror has 12 guns with a ridiculous fire % chance and Thunderer has 8 laser guns with an insane fire % chance. They both have very long range which lets you start shooting early too.

Both routinely give me 2 fires for a salvo. I have even had 3. 10-15 fires is the norm for me in them (when trying for it - I use AP a lot). The reload is longer sure but factor in the fire % chance of something like Smolensk or Harugumo which are a small fraction of the 2 BB's and IMO the BB's give a better chance. Also, don't overlook Republique for fire missions. Very good fire chance with fast reload. Jean Bart does ok at it too.

Another good choice is a CV that has rockets and HE bombs like Midway. On paper the BRN CV's should be really good at fire missions but I have not had a lot of success using them.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,841 posts
25,970 battles
4 hours ago, Beleaf_ said:

Could be worse

Miko.png

Mikoyan... That thing is so badly protected that she makes Omaha and Emerald look like GK in terms of armor.

[WOLFG]
Members
12,573 posts
11,676 battles
15 hours ago, Beleaf_ said:

Could be worse

Miko.png

The Nurnberg player was probably overjoyed.:cap_rambo:

[RVNHQ]
Members
425 posts
11,975 battles
11 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Funny you mention that.

The non-Mikoyan players were all AFK, so from my flank it looked like a horse race as every Mikoyan rushed forward. 

Somehow I have six kills in Mikoyan.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles

I do pretty well in her, 33 kills in 29 battles, 18 Main Battery, 13 Torps and 2 secondaries(!!!!)

Edited by Efros

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,841 posts
25,970 battles
14 hours ago, Efros said:

Typical event premium. 

Yeah, lots of them out there like that.

13 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I remember toying around with the ITA SAP Cruisers for their early release event.  Was playing that horrid Tier V Premium CA of theirs.  I remember being able to SAP Citadel via the armor belt Kirov, but was surprised to see I couldn't do the same against Emerald and Omaha.  I went to port, looked at the SAP Pen for the 203s looked at Kirov's belt armor... Yeah, that's why I was able to Citadel with SAP that Kirov, paper armor belt.  Then I looked at Emerald and Omaha's belt armor and saw it was too thickly armored and would defeat my 203mm SAP shells :Smile_trollface:

Kirov is badly armored, and Mikoyan is even worse.  It's even somehow made even worse than that considering how low in HP Mikoyan is.

I'd imagine in a PVP setting this would be terrifying for Mikoyan.  Mikoyan can stand off.  But the ITA SAP Cruisers got pretty decent shell flight characteristics and the SAP shells don't lose power at range.  All they need to do is hit Mikoyan.  And RU Cruisers aren't exactly small, agile boats, either.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles

Gorizia was similar to Mikoyan in terms of being a dev strike victim. Gorizia, however, in PVE could citadel the crap out of most of the similar tier cruisers... providing she got the chance that is..

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,841 posts
25,970 battles
2 hours ago, Efros said:

10 Mikoyans, new record!

434454063_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_06.03-07_09_23_93.thumb.png.cb279985205ad33819e200dbf0bf97a1.png

Mikoyan, Bagration Token Farming FTW!

When the RU Cruiser Event is over, I promise you Mikoyan is going to disappear.  I'll never touch that ship again unless something like Snowflakes for Coal for her are involved.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
12,573 posts
11,676 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Mikoyan, Bagration Token Farming FTW!

When the RU Cruiser Event is over, I promise you Mikoyan is going to disappear.  I'll never touch that ship again unless something like Snowflakes for Coal for her are involved.

As a tier 5, I'm not certain I'll play it for the coal.

Sign in to follow this