You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Sinop, Soviet Special Commander, and Ranked

15 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
1,299 posts
10,748 battles

I gave myself some time to cool off before making this thread, as I want something more productive than “OMG NERF WG YOU SO BAD AT GAME DESIGN,” because honestly while that would make me feel better in the immediate, it doesn’t bring about a valuable discussion.

With that being said, I want to open a discussion on how preposterous and nearly broken of a combination the Sinop and Kuznetsov is in Ranked play. With how small the maps are, the Sinop can usually take advantage of islands to protect itself and become a ridiculous road block to remove. Just when you are about to, Kuznetsov pops his special ability, all fires/flooding disappears, he gets a free heal AND a dispersion debuff. Now this wouldn’t be so bad if the captain had to earn such powerful buffs, however, all he needs to do is take damage, you know, what a BB is supposed to do. 

Now I realize in the next few updates Kuznetsov is getting a nerf (thankfully) but this combination goes to show how rough ranked can be thanks to a particular ship and a commander who are of a particular nation. I’m sure nothing will be done but either the ship and or the commander needs some sort of nerf. Perhaps making their deck armor not as prone to shattering shells? Perhaps making it less accurate?

(Post Edit) I may be wrong about an expected nerf for Kuznetsov. If that’s the case then he definitely deserves one regardless; even just making it so his ability is tied to an achievement like every other commander.

Edited by Usedcarjock
Paragraph spacing and Update

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

Missed the announcement, how are they nerfing Kuznetsov? It's certainly disruptive, so I'm curious.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,299 posts
10,748 battles
12 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Missed the announcement, how are they nerfing Kuznetsov? It's certainly disruptive, so I'm curious.

Saw on reddit, can’t recall the exact post but they’re thinking about tying his ability to an achievement like every other commander. I could be wrong because well... this sort of thing gets away from me nowadays.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,742 battles
12 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I as well.  Frankly, best upgrade in the game and OP; but I haven't heard of any sort of nerf.

• Cool 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,464 posts
10,717 battles
12 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Saw on reddit, can’t recall the exact post but they’re thinking about tying his ability to an achievement like every other commander. I could be wrong because well... this sort of thing gets away from me nowadays.

You just wait and see the achievement they tie it to will be something every soviet ship, particularly the BBs this commander was specifically bias OP-d up for, will be achieving without even trying every battle. 

Like...

'be set on fire 10 times' 

'deliver 4 citadel hits during the battle' (its 16km super-bias accuracy bonus and bias shells that hardly ever overpen guarantee this happens)

'confederate' (primarily to benefit Kremlin's super-bias turrets that rotate faster than cruiser turrets of any other nation... combined with 16km bias accuracy and their bias shells = easy to plink 20% damage on more than 4 enemies). 

...and you will see the limit of 'once per battle' is removed and replaced with 'once per achievement' so it can get that heal and dispersion on incoming shell buffs multiple times per battle. 

[WOLFB]
Members
3,188 posts
8,206 battles

I can only imagine the Storm that would hit if the Nerfed  a captain in the game. 

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
39 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

That sounds like a massive buff. The current Kuznetzov is weaker than some non-legendary commanders

• Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

Strange , Although I would never spend 175K Coal on any commander,   IF there is a nerf on the way it would REALLY make me unhappy that I spent a SHIPS worth of coal to see him nerfed.

If a nerf is on the way he should be removed today before more people get him and then suffer the nerf.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,428 posts
12,692 battles
49 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I can only imagine the Storm that would hit if the Nerfed  a captain in the game. 

Especially after having paid the price of a ship in coal for him 176,000 . I have seen nothing about a nerf to him . I don't personally have him yet I am at 136,000 coal when I get there I was going to make my decision .

Edited by clammboy

Members
1,036 posts

the main battery reload time of the sinop does nothing to enhance the pleasure of my gaming experience...especially in ranked...and if i dont rank out in it this season....i am blaming it all on the CVs anyway...they were no shows

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
1 hour ago, arch4random said:

the main battery reload time of the sinop does nothing to enhance the pleasure of my gaming experience...especially in ranked...and if i dont rank out in it this season....i am blaming it all on the CVs anyway...they were no shows

Can never seem to please this playerbase. :cap_old: Even tier? "CV GET OUT" Odd tier? "WHERE ARE YOU CV I MISS YOU"

This must be how a relationship with a bipolar person feels.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,742 battles
58 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Can never seem to please this playerbase. :cap_old: Even tier? "CV GET OUT" Odd tier? "WHERE ARE YOU CV I MISS YOU"

This must be how a relationship with a bipolar person feels.

Hmm, I can't tell if you are trying to be funny or took his post too seriously....

[B_Y_F]
Members
700 posts
15,965 battles
4 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

With how small the maps are, the Sinop can usually take advantage of islands to protect itself and become a ridiculous road block to remove

This actually is the real problem which makes this season the sinOP season. 

In this season's map poll, Only one map, Neighbor, is big enough(if you play it as normal and ignore the caps because they're too close to each other, for a while) for other ships to exploit sinop's weakness, which is questionable long range dispersion and weak while being flanked. 

In all other maps, the engagement distance are all mostly within 12 km so the sinOP guns feels like laser beam (a DD get hit 6/6). And, with how small the map is, flanking is almost mission impossible. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,126 posts
9,284 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

Hmm, I can't tell if you are trying to be funny or took his post too seriously....

Can't I do both? Gotta cover bases, as it's hard to tell with some of the silly things people complain about. Sometimes people are serious and I think they are joking. Sometimes they are joking and I think they are serious.

Really, it stems from people sometimes not knowing basic things, such as that there are no T7 CVs even all this time later. Yes, I've met people that don't realize there are only even tier CVs now. Some that don't know AP bombs are a thing and just see HE bombs and AP bombs as some doomsday weapon, too, despite the icon being so very different. Kinda like the people that still don't understand the concept of deep water torps, and those that don't know about HE cits. I've even met people completely clueless that CVs ever changed.

As such, I give them the benefit of the doubt and pray that they aren't that oblivious while also cracking a joke.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup