Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karstodes

Make clan battle great again!

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,180
[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,346 battles

listening to Zoup video, I kinda got in line with his point, but not 100%. CV sure make a problem for clan battle, but at the same time they are more due to what is around them: no need for DD thus you find team of Venezia and Stalingrad. You can work around with proper team works and player level, but at same strength I wonder how it would go.  But that is only an effect of the current season: before that the ''all radar meta'' was not that better in my opinion.

Thus how clan battle can become great again?

1: More game mode. Hell, even having epicenter in the rotation would change the meta and give variety. But one mode would fit quite well in it: Arms race. In my opinion, this mode force more movement, thus limiting the effect of the standard bow in cruisers while giving more space for destroyers (especially thanks to heal buff, DD can become more Daring... haha... ha..). Maybe not have Arm race in every map, but to have it in some would change the pace and force other combination of ships.

2: Let multiclan group. I know, it kills the idea of clan battle, but many clan struggle to get the 7 members (how many time did we wait for a number 7 to no ends...). It would help populate the lower leagues while removing one of the most frustrating aspect of CV: waiting.  Meanwhile, it would have almost no effect for the more competitive clan.

3: No CV. I play CV in clan battle, and I know their potential. But the real issue is again one for the lower leagues: many clans lack CV players, let alone good CV players. And CV tends to remove the relevance of the battleship, the poster child of the game. As sad as it is to let my Hak in harbor (okay, I got my LU on her so I do not care anymore) the classic format with BB would fit better.

4: Make it tier 9 and 10. Again to make it easier to get in, but also because the gap between tier 9 and 10 is quite small (an Alaska for example do not shy that much to tier 10 cruisers, and many tier 9 DD are just as strong as their tier 10 evolution (Mogador, Yugumo, Kitakaze, Z 46...).  I know, this one is more far fetched, and the idea to ''help more player come in'' kinda failed with the presence of rental. But rental are in general quite worst and major handicap: no camo, many player without the upgrade on it/ high captain...). Plus tier 9 open the door to more ships that can be competitive. In that sense, just make a note that each team need at least 2 tier 9, no mater the type.

5: increase the windows of play. No CB on Friday nights? Come on.

Edited by Y_Nagato
typo
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[WKY15]
Members
174 posts
573 battles
1 hour ago, Y_Nagato said:

listening to Zoup video, I kinda got in line with his point, but not 100%. CV sure make a problem for clan battle, but at the same time they are more due to what is around them: no need for DD thus you find team of Venezia and Stalingrad. You can work around with proper team works and player level, but at same strength I wonder how it would go.  But that is only an effect of the current season: before that the ''all radar meta'' was not that better in my opinion.

Thus how clan battle can become great again?

1: More game mode. Hell, even having epicenter in the rotation would change the meta and give variety. But one mode would fit quite well in it: Arms race. In my opinion, this mode force more movement, thus limiting the effect of the standard bow in cruisers while giving more space for destroyers (especially thanks to heal buff, DD can become more Daring... haha... ha..). Maybe not have Arm race in every map, but to have it in some would change the pace and force other combination of ships.

2: Let multiclan group. I know, it kills the idea of clan battle, but many clan struggle to get the 7 members (how many time did we wait for a number 7 to no ends...). It would help populate the lower leagues while removing one of the most frustrating aspect of CV: waiting.  Meanwhile, it would have almost no effect for the more competitive clan.

3: No CV. I play CV in clan battle, and I know their potential. But the real issue is again one for the lower leagues: many clans lack CV players, let alone good CV players. And CV tends to remove the relevance of the battleship, the poster child of the game. As sad as it is to let my Hak in harbor (okay, I got my LU on her so I do not care anymore) the classic format with BB would fit better.

4: Make it tier 9 and 10. Again to make it easier to get in, but also because the gap between tier 9 and 10 is quite small (an Alaska for example do not shy that much to tier 10 cruisers, and many tier 9 DD are just as strong as their tier 10 evolution (Mogador, Yugumo, Kitakaze, Z 46...).  I know, this one is more far fetched, and the idea to ''help more player come in'' kinda failed with the presence of rental. But rental are in general quite worst and major handicap: no camo, many player without the upgrade on it/ high captain...). Plus tier 9 open the door to more ships that can be competitive. In that sense, just make a note that each team need at least 2 tier 9, no mater the type.

5: increase the windows of play. No CB on Friday nights? Come on.

your first problem is listening to Zoup...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,180
[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,346 battles
1 minute ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

your first problem is listening to Zoup...

Well, not really. I do play CB almost every night and I do make my own opinion on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[WKY15]
Members
174 posts
573 battles
Just now, Y_Nagato said:

Well, not really. I do play CB almost every night and I do make my own opinion on it.

But do you see what clan Zoup is in? WG-CC. do they do CBs? no. so how should he have an opinion on CBs if he hasnt played

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,180
[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,346 battles
Just now, Warbeasty_Lives said:

But do you see what clan Zoup is in? WG-CC. do they do CBs? no. so how should he have an opinion on CBs if he hasnt played

testimony and data. As he said, to have clan like ARP dropping the CB are hint of something wrong, and no need to play CB to know about the CV issue within it. Also he did CB before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles

I understand the problem with Clan battles  Entirely

 Problem is with the cv Aircraft carrier  It becomes not a game of skill but a game of seal clubbing I don't know if anyone else agrees with this but that's That's what I gather

 

 

Edited by Number9Pounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,213 posts
12,903 battles
1 hour ago, Number9Pounder said:

I understand the problem with Clan battles  Entirely

 Problem is with the cv Aircraft carrier  It becomes not a game of skill but a game of seal clubbing I don't know if anyone else agrees with this but that's That's what I gather

 

 

I agree cv is somewhat problematic in cb. The skill gap matters some but I’m more irritated by the strategic play that a cv removes from cb. Imo the spotting they do negates to a big extent any benefits of deployment strategy because within 30 seconds everyone knows where people are headed and then you adjust and then it’s just a matter of focus fire and minimizing positioning mistakes. I prefer the ever changing dynamic of not knowing how the enemy deployed as opposed to know where every ship on the map is all the time. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think cv is breaking clan battles at all, I just don’t think it is as fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[N9PTS]
Members
222 posts
605 battles
13 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I agree cv is somewhat problematic in cb. The skill gap matters some but I’m more irritated by the strategic play that a cv removes from cb. Imo the spotting they do negates to a big extent any benefits of deployment strategy because within 30 seconds everyone knows where people are headed and then you adjust and then it’s just a matter of focus fire and minimizing positioning mistakes. I prefer the ever changing dynamic of not knowing how the enemy deployed as opposed to know where every ship on the map is all the time. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think cv is breaking clan battles at all, I just don’t think it is as fun

 

 

 I agree with that 100%

 One of the added problems and clan battles

 

Edited by Number9Pounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×