You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Mando

0.9.3 Matchmaking Improvements??

6 comments in this topic

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
111 posts

"the number of battles with two aircraft carriers per team will be significantly reduced, while battles with three carriers per team will never occur."

I have been recording a significant increase in 2 CV per team matches especially in the tier 4-6 range.  Clan mates are also reporting the same.  In one case,  out of 12 consecuative battles played...10 battles had 2 CVs per side.

Anyone else observing similar numbers?

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles

The increase in two per team or better said the decrease in no tier 4 CV's is directly from removing the three per team limit there. I expect more queue dumps with tier 4 CV's too.

• Cool 1

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
111 posts

Interesting observation thanks for your input.  Your explanation does make a lot of sense and would explain alot.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,566 battles
2 hours ago, MandalorianBH said:

Anyone else observing similar numbers?

I haven't and I would venture to guess most who frequent the PVE forum here don't either.
There might be some who do occasionally, but probably not enough for an accurate sample size.
COOP is kind of hard locked at 1 CV per side. Would actually be nice to get 2 CV's occasionally.

• Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,489 posts
15,404 battles

Unfortunately, adjustments that look good from the tier 8 and 10 perspective, sort of unravel at the lower tiers due to the sheer number of people there.  Take away the ability to run 6 CVs in one game, and now you have an additional 2 CVs waiting for another game....

In essence, by reducing the ability to have a 3 CV match, they probably did increase the number of 2 CV matches at T4 (the tier that CV players love, cause there is basically no AA).

• Cool 1