Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Eyeless_Camper

Best looking ship lines.

56 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,065
[-TAF-]
Alpha Tester
1,184 posts

So, with so many lines having come through the years i am wondering what people feel are the best looking ship lines?

Atleast for me it feel like enjoying how a ship look really ties into your enjoyment of the line.

So which Battleship, cruiser, destroyer and CV lines do you guys think look the best?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,797 posts
13,737 battles

RN BBs and Italian cruisers, something about their sleek, compact, simpleness I like.

edit: no opinion on the looks of dds or cvs, so no answer there

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
[WOLF8]
Members
7,585 posts
6,363 battles
13 minutes ago, Eyeless_Camper said:

So which Battleship, cruiser, destroyer and CV lines do you guys think look the best?

For me, the answer is simple... really, lol. :Smile_hiding:

German, German, German, and... German, lel. :Smile_trollface:

Maybe the low and mid tier ones can be a bit debatable, but the high tier ones are all sleek and imposing, when it comes to looks. Yes, I would even say that Freddie and Kurryfirst, both very PHAT and T H I C C, still feels like they look very sleek... and I love it. Some examples for me are:

  1. The front part of Freddie's superstructure. With the regular perma camo, that part is painted dark, and it looks like some kind of an impenetrable castle-fortress. I just love it.
  2. Hippah and other German cruisers at Tier VIII+ are all super sleek, while looking like some slender battleships. I just love it.
  3. The upcoming Tier X German CV, which I can't remember her name right now, looks downright imposing in size and shape. She really does feel like some kind of a "grand mothership" of a fleet, or something.

That's just me though... lul. :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,065
[-TAF-]
Alpha Tester
1,184 posts
16 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

For me, the answer is simple... really, lol. :Smile_hiding:

German, German, German, and... German, lel. :Smile_trollface:

Maybe the low and mid tier ones can be a bit debatable, but the high tier ones are all sleek and imposing, when it comes to looks. Yes, I would even say that Freddie and Kurryfirst, both very PHAT and T H I C C, still feels like they look very sleek... and I love it. Some examples for me are:

  1. The front part of Freddie's superstructure. With the regular perma camo, that part is painted dark, and it looks like some kind of an impenetrable castle-fortress. I just love it.
  2. Hippah and other German cruisers at Tier VIII+ are all super sleek, while looking like some slender battleships. I just love it.
  3. The upcoming Tier X German CV, which I can't remember her name right now, looks downright imposing in size and shape. She really does feel like some kind of a "grand mothership" of a fleet, or something.

That's just me though... lul. :Smile_hiding:

Wow, you really know how to sell a line. Listing those reasons almost made me sell everything else and get the german high tiers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
[WOLF8]
Members
7,585 posts
6,363 battles
2 minutes ago, Eyeless_Camper said:

Wow, you really know how to sell a line. Listing those reasons almost made me sell everything else and get the german high tiers...

Come join me and the fellow German bote lovers in WoWs... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Nah, I'm just kiding. I wasn't trying to sell a line or anything, but just posting my thoughts on what I really like about the German ships in this game... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Speaking of which, you didn't share your favorite lines, in terms of looks, in your opening post. Maybe you should. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,065
[-TAF-]
Alpha Tester
1,184 posts

Well, i cant decide so i decided to see what others like and can convince me of. :Smile_smile:

Well, for BBs i dont really know but German and Italian cruisers have a certain allure with their lines.

DDs i go Swedish.

CV, no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
103 posts
2,727 battles

German BB's

I had one of the devs in a match last week with the new CV.  Yum and E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,877
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles

I think the German line has the best looking ships and that the Scharnhorst black is the best looking BB cameo combo in the game IMHO .

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

 

World of Warships: Scharnhorst B (2019) promotional art - MobyGames

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,442
[WPORT]
Members
6,589 posts
11,600 battles

They all have their charms.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,830
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,327 posts
16,716 battles

image.thumb.png.dba22320d11ac186b1e4b01666688c2e.png

19 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I think the German line has the best looking ships and that the Scharnhorst black is the best looking BB cameo combo in the game IMHO .

Shop Preview] - Black Squadron - Tirpitz B, Massachusetts B, Atago ...

I dunno  I think it's a tossup between Scharnhorst Black n Massachusetts  Black  myself :cap_cool: and I have both....................................................Hmm  I wonder if this year they'll  put up a  Georgia Black  or perhaps a Missouri  Blackgiphy.gifimage.thumb.png.601f98d536e996fd27bd48e9908cc103.pngimage.thumb.png.d9e18d2ed20af1d59298417281542fb2.png

Edited by shadowsrmine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
948 posts
2,321 battles

I think the US BB line is horrid in many ways but looks ain't one of those. I only have 2 American ships but they are IMO the most aesthetically pleasing in my entire fleet. Tirpitz and Richelieu are others that look great. I enjoy the history of the RN designs and their playstyle but while they(mostly) look good something is missing in that department. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
[WOLF8]
Members
7,585 posts
6,363 battles
14 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I think the German line has the best looking ships and that the Scharnhorst black is the best looking BB cameo combo in the game IMHO .

Shop Preview] - Black Squadron - Tirpitz B, Massachusetts B, Atago ...

Isn't that an image of Tirpitz Black, and not Scharnhorst Black? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

And if we're gonna talk about the Black Friday ships, then the German trios, Tirpitz Black, Scharhorst Black, and Graf Zepelin Black, definitely take all the cake, equally amongst themselves.

I mean, sure, other Black Friday ships look good too, but... the German ones have the Crimson Blood Red IRON CROSSESTM on them. Nothing can top that, lel. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,830
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,327 posts
16,716 battles
6 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Isn't that an image of Tirpitz Black, and not Scharnhorst Black? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

And if we're gonna talk about the Black Friday ships, then the German trios, Tirpitz Black, Scharhorst Black, and Graf Zepelin Black, definitely take all the cake, equally amongst themselves.

I mean, sure, other Black Friday ships look good too, but... the German ones have the Crimson Blood Red IRON CROSSESTM on them. Nothing can top that, lel. :Smile_trollface:

Meh but the History that goes with those crosses.................................:Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
[WOLF8]
Members
7,585 posts
6,363 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Meh but the History that goes with those crosses.................................:Smile_sceptic:

Sure... but they still look very kewl, lol. :Smile_hiding:

It's truly unfortunate on what has happened in history, but I'm not here to debate about it.

Besides, the Iron Crosses go waaaay before the evil bad Nazis... but I'm not here to lecture about history either, lel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,877
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles
25 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

image.thumb.png.dba22320d11ac186b1e4b01666688c2e.png

I dunno  I think it's a tossup between Scharnhorst Black n Massachusetts  Black  myself :cap_cool: and I have both....................................................Hmm  I wonder if this year they'll  put up a  Georgia Black  or perhaps a Missouri  Blackgiphy.gifimage.thumb.png.601f98d536e996fd27bd48e9908cc103.pngimage.thumb.png.d9e18d2ed20af1d59298417281542fb2.png

Wow I have to agree with you 100 % I really couldn’t choice between the Massachusetts And Scharnhorst I also have both . But something about the red German flags on the Scharnhorst deck swayed me that way .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,877
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles
21 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Isn't that an image of Tirpitz Black, and not Scharnhorst Black? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

And if we're gonna talk about the Black Friday ships, then the German trios, Tirpitz Black, Scharhorst Black, and Graf Zepelin Black, definitely take all the cake, equally amongst themselves.

I mean, sure, other Black Friday ships look good too, but... the German ones have the Crimson Blood Red IRON CROSSESTM on them. Nothing can top that, lel. :Smile_trollface:

I don’t think so !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WMD]
Members
1,760 posts
10,032 battles

My take:

BB- RN, they look purposeful, love the blocky superstructure. Best looking in line- Vanguard.

CA/CL- RN, see above. Best looking in line- Fiji

DD- RN, see above. Best looking in line- Haida... yeah, I cheated

CV- KM, GZ looks awesome. Best looking in line- GZ

 

EDIT:  Someone in a thread about subjective opinions finds a subjective opinion boring lol

Edited by VeatherVitch
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,830
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,327 posts
16,716 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Wow I have to agree with you 100 % I really couldn’t choice between the Massachusetts And Scharnhorst I also have both . But something about the red German flags on the Scharnhorst deck swayed me that way .  

And what a bout a Georgia,Missouri Black?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WMD]
Members
1,760 posts
10,032 battles
9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Meh but the History that goes with those crosses.................................:Smile_sceptic:

Those evil Prussians fighting Napoleon.... 

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
[WOLF8]
Members
7,585 posts
6,363 battles
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I don’t think so !! 

You sure? The ship in your image has TWO guns per turret... whereas Scharnhorst has three guns per turret... lol. :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,830
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,327 posts
16,716 battles
Just now, VeatherVitch said:

Those evil Prussians fighting Napoleon.... 

Talking 20th century not 17th 18th  giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,877
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles
11 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Meh but the History that goes with those crosses.................................:Smile_sceptic:

No doubt about that not cool but they stayed away from the really offensive stuff at least . Nothing for nothing but Japanese might have been worse in way they treated the Chinese and everyone else and we don’t see anything about the rising sun flags all over the place .Its a double standard in my opinion . 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,877
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,835 posts
11,601 battles
5 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You sure? The ship in your image has TWO guns per turret... whereas Scharnhorst has three guns per turret... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Yea you might be right !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×