Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ado1fCarsar

severe desync, wth

13 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,958 battles

my ship goes sideways, rendering complete nonsense relative to server and enemies dont render at all. I tried to end task the game in middle of the game and reload it but it made no difference.

going sideways.png

enemies dont render.png

Members
5,435 posts
10,504 battles

Tracert to the 2 WG IPs and look for packetloss and or bad routing to the servers.  Packetloss/bad routing is not a WG problem and you need to know if that is the issue before posting.

[X-PN]
Members
600 posts
6,958 battles
3 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Tracert to the 2 WG IPs and look for packetloss and or bad routing to the servers.  Packetloss/bad routing is not a WG problem and you need to know if that is the issue before posting.

What are the ip addresses of the game servers?

[WORX]
Members
11,503 posts
19,230 battles

From what I see, you're the only one with the issue in game...

NOW, if everyone had this problem in game, then its a critical report to fix it asap!

Since its only you, I am leaning towards a problem with your connect.

From your house to the porch of WG server is not their responsibility... With networks working overtime to cover demand, some ISP are being defaced as being cheapskates...

If nothing else is wrong with your connect, I recommend connecting via a free VPN and reroute your traffic yourself.

• Boring 1

Members
900 posts
2,737 battles
1 hour ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

my ship goes sideways, rendering complete nonsense relative to server and enemies dont render at all. I tried to end task the game in middle of the game and reload it but it made no difference.

Desync is typically just packetloss or latency, either from your pc to the game servers or from the game servers back to your pc.

Testing to the game servers is easy, run tracert and pathping tests - more than one would be good.

From the servers back to your pc is a bit different - The following will help there.

Cheers.

[WPORT]
Members
6,693 posts
11,681 battles

WOWs software has become more and more demanding with each patch, in my opinion.  (I had to buy a new laptop some months ago.)

The calculations required to run the game are choking older hardware.

So, either it is an internet-service-provider problem, or it is that the CPU/RAM/Motherboard/GPU/Modem and local network connections aren't able to keep up with the demand.  Could be a cooling-fan died, could be dust bunnies, could be time for new toy(s).

As others have pointed out, there are ways to test your system and ISP and discover where the bottleneck is.

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

I get this once in a while. It's worse on my laptop+4G hotspot than it is at home with DSL50 service. Typically it happens when I need to take a call and leave the room. I'll leave the client running but kill the hotspot. When I come back I re-establish the hotspot and reconnect to the server. Half the time my torpedo aim assist flickers, the ship is vibrating and other such nonsense. The only way I am able to fix it is by shutting down the client, closing the game center and relaunching it all. 

• Cool 1

Members
900 posts
2,737 battles
33 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I get this once in a while. It's worse on my laptop+4G hotspot than it is at home with DSL50 service. Typically it happens when I need to take a call and leave the room. I'll leave the client running but kill the hotspot. When I come back I re-establish the hotspot and reconnect to the server. Half the time my torpedo aim assist flickers, the ship is vibrating and other such nonsense. The only way I am able to fix it is by shutting down the client, closing the game center and relaunching it all.  

Not sure if this a troll post or not, if it is touché sir.  If not, well, wireless networking on a laptop is not the best for games that requires efficient with zero packetloss data flow.  It's probably not a good idea to drop the network your client is using either, sessions need to stay open to function correctly.

Edited by Snarky_Wombat

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Not sure if this a troll post or not, if it is touché sir.  If not, well, wireless networking on a laptop is not the best for games that requires efficient with zero packetloss data flow.  It's probably not a good idea to drop the network your client is using either, sessions need to stay open to function correctly.

Not trolling. Just trying to relate and possibly help. I'm a little out of my depth when the language goes full nerd and terms like packet loss get thrown around. I've seen exactly the same thing as his screenshots and wanted to relate what I do to correct it. I hope it doesn't cause any confusion and apologize in advance if it does.

As for my platform, initially I was concerned too. After 2.5 years of using this setup at various remote locations I have zero complaints.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2

[KERMT]
Members
1,041 posts
1 hour ago, thebigblue said:

Not trolling. Just trying to relate and possibly help. I'm a little out of my depth when the language goes full nerd and terms like packet loss get thrown around. I've seen exactly the same thing as his screenshots and wanted to relate what I do to correct it. I hope it doesn't cause any confusion and apologize in advance if it does.

As for my platform, initially I was concerned too. After 2.5 years of using this setup at various remote locations I have zero complaints.

Just had a read through what you guys are experiencing and had a thought. 

Over here in NZ, covid 19 put a massive demand on our internet infrastructure all of a sudden with people working from home. When you work in an office you generally work off a local server within your office [common here in NZ for this practice]
& that connection to your onsite server is LAN, however, send all 30, 40,50, 200 workers home. Have 30 other local businesses home doing the same. 

Get everyone to connect in via terminal services, remote web workplace, citrix, RDgate way and Whoosh your ISP's bandwidth is gone. 
You only have so many cables in the streets, they are all shared or singularly owned in some cases. 
But even in the "I am an ISP and I own my own cables and will not let other companies use them" those cables still have a maximum bandwidth of data they can send at any given moment. 

Working from home is one use, got netflix and the like being used by kids etc.....

These spikes or random sync issues might correspond to what I have explained above. 
I can assist where I can however one client I spoke with the issue was unresolved as new cables had to be laid to further increase their areas bandwidth back to the telecommunications exchange. 

I play world of warships from Auckland New Zealand and I am yet to experience the above issues. 
There is a strong likely hood I am not playing at the right time of day to see them however if the above 'local' issues being 'your neighborhood had next to no bandwidth on their local switching equipment' is what is happening, then it would seem wide spread in some cases where you might have a good portion of your games population located in bad bandwidth area's. 
But this is also not to say it is the only issue. 
There might be 4 or 5 different issues that all cause the same symptoms. 

Old ADSL router [Consumer grade routers have a life expectancy of 2 years] then Network address translation has strange issues like opening and closing ports at random because it believes the TCP port was no longer in use even though traffic is flowing. 
That generally relates to capacitors dying and other component's dying. Consumer stuff is not known for quality, 2 years was a good run, but time to take it out back and shoot it. 

Not sure where I was going with this, where in this diagnosis are we up to? 
Anyone replace the router yet and do further testing? 

• Cool 1

Members
900 posts
2,737 battles
3 hours ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Over here in NZ, covid 19 put a massive demand on our internet infrastructure all of a sudden with people working from home. When you work in an office you generally work off a local server within your office [common here in NZ for this practice]
& that connection to your onsite server is LAN, however, send all 30, 40,50, 200 workers home. Have 30 other local businesses home doing the same. 

Get everyone to connect in via terminal services, remote web workplace, citrix, RDgate way and Whoosh your ISP's bandwidth is gone. 
You only have so many cables in the streets, they are all shared or singularly owned in some cases. 
But even in the "I am an ISP and I own my own cables and will not let other companies use them" those cables still have a maximum bandwidth of data they can send at any given moment. 

Working from home is one use, got netflix and the like being used by kids etc.....

These spikes or random sync issues might correspond to what I have explained above. 
I can assist where I can however one client I spoke with the issue was unresolved as new cables had to be laid to further increase their areas bandwidth back to the telecommunications exchange. 

I play world of warships from Auckland New Zealand and I am yet to experience the above issues. 
There is a strong likely hood I am not playing at the right time of day to see them however if the above 'local' issues being 'your neighborhood had next to no bandwidth on their local switching equipment' is what is happening, then it would seem wide spread in some cases where you might have a good portion of your games population located in bad bandwidth area's. 
But this is also not to say it is the only issue. 
There might be 4 or 5 different issues that all cause the same symptoms. 

Maybe so.  ping, tracert and looking glass tests will reveal most of the current bottlenecks and poor routing.

3 hours ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Old ADSL router [Consumer grade routers have a life expectancy of 2 years] then Network address translation has strange issues like opening and closing ports at random because it believes the TCP port was no longer in use even though traffic is flowing. 
That generally relates to capacitors dying and other component's dying. Consumer stuff is not known for quality, 2 years was a good run, but time to take it out back and shoot it. 

I think this can be given a grain of salt though, capacitors are not going to have an impact on NAT.  If your router randomly turns off?  Then maybe :D

Members
5,435 posts
10,504 battles
12 hours ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

What are the ip addresses of the game servers?

You can get a free trial of Pingplotter and install it.  You can fire up WoWs and use Resource Monitor in Windows 10 (just search for it and then click on the Network tab).  Look for the WoWs EXE and you can see what IP address it is connected to.  Copy them down and enter them one at a time in Pingplotter and let it ping the IP address for a half hour minimum (the longer the better) for each IP address.  The last couple of hops will likely be ****  Times out and that is ok - they generally do not respond to pings to prevent Denial of service attacks.

image.thumb.png.1514168cb2997457b2a351d79ec2e62e.png

Sign in to follow this