You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Yeah, I know they nerfed the Atlanta...

17 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles

Times are tough for the old girl. I re-specked my Captain for her and just forgot about IFHE and went for fires.

*insert anime girl holding burning torches*

But she can still pull off some crazy stuff. I got rushed by 3 BBs with only a Queen Elizabeth and the CV to help me. :fish_panic: 

Yeah, taste the rainbow suckers!!

jpGCieM.jpg

And the CV gets the AA CL, LOL. I still like her. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,847 posts
26,372 battles

Yeah, BB try to bum rush an alert Atlanta, I’m sure that ended well...

...likely with metal fishes more than rainbows. :fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles
29 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Burn baby burn!

HmO1DhG.gif

Not the one I was thinking of, but that works, LOL. 

17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, BB try to bum rush an alert Atlanta, I’m sure that ended well...

...likely with metal fishes more than rainbows. :fish_glass:

Yeah, but it was a Mass, a Gneisenau, AND a Fuso who I had already pissed off by raining HE on him for about 3 of those fires. I was typing in chat helpful things like: omgomgomgomg... :Smile_teethhappy:  

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,655 battles
20 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Not the one I was thinking of, but that works, LOL. 

Yeah, but it was a Mass, a Gneisenau, AND a Fuso who I had already pissed off by raining HE on him for about 3 of those fires. I was typing in chat helpful things like: omgomgomgomg... :Smile_teethhappy:  

Nomnomnomnom! Seems more better. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles

Not so much nerfed but she has been power creeped.

[PVE]
Members
6,897 posts
22,643 battles
58 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Atlanta sunk by the CV...the Creep is Stronk in this 1...

1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

A deadly trio there...

Nice job Onion Knight :-)

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Atlanta sunk by the CV...the Creep is Stronk in this 1...

There are not supposed to be any ships that can reliably delete squadrons now but only 16 planes seems low. Even in the new AA meta where if the CV wants to push hard enough they will get an attack off is less than I would have expected. I wonder how many citadels he got on the Atlanta with his dive bombers.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,847 posts
26,372 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

The sadest example of that for me was hiding behind that dinky island in B cap on Hotspot from a North Carolina.

No way they didn't know I was there, since I was raining fire down on them.

Sailed blindly up to and around the island, so I torped and sank it.

Did something similar to a Gniesenau (I think,) in A cap, in a different battle.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles
7 hours ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Nomnomnomnom! Seems more better. 

I was really just hoping to take one of them with me to be honest...It was looking pretty ugly for awhile. LOL

6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

There are not supposed to be any ships that can reliably delete squadrons now but only 16 planes seems low. Even in the new AA meta where if the CV wants to push hard enough they will get an attack off is less than I would have expected. I wonder how many citadels he got on the Atlanta with his dive bombers.

CVs just don't fear her like they used to. I only remember getting struck twice, once by Ranger rocket planes for almost no damage, and the kill shot when I was almost dead anyway. The days when you could park in the middle of Two Brothers and thumb your nose at a CV are over however. :Smile_sad:

[POP]
Members
1,155 posts
9,895 battles
13 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

When a T-10 dd shoots down more T-10 planes and is more feared by CV than a USN light cruiser/as platform,  there is an issue.  I play CV and I think Atlanta/Flint are getting screwed here.

Members
1,624 posts
3 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

When a T-10 dd shoots down more T-10 planes and is more feared by CV than a USN light cruiser/as platform,  there is an issue.  

yet the issue is not where you may think it is. Most of DD get wrecked by air assaults from a same tier CV, (worst with an upper tiered CV) and this in 2-3 attacks. The only way to counter this is to be close to a cruiser of BB, which retrain DD mobility and potential role in battle. The fact that some DD have very good AA (in T10!) does not justify any concern about the ability of CV to influence the battle. I believe that AA has been so nerfed in cruisers and most DD, that some tweaking is needed. Air assaults are too powerful these days...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles
2 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

When a T-10 dd shoots down more T-10 planes and is more feared by CV than a USN light cruiser/as platform,  there is an issue.  I play CV and I think Atlanta/Flint are getting screwed here.

AA was too good in the RTS days and it pretty much had to be because above tier 6 the number of CV players dropped drastically while the skill lever increased drastically. Atlanta/Flint should be hard but not impossible to attack. Like I said before 16 planes seems low unless the Ryujo got really lucky with citadels from hes DB's and obliterated the Atlanta in only a couple of passes, I have done 15k damage to battleships with the IJN DB's and it would only take a couple of hits like that to finish off and Atlanta.. Without the damage screen showing who did what to the Atlanta we are not getting the complete picture.

[BBICT]
Members
3,883 posts
4,243 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

AA was too good in the RTS days and it pretty much had to be because above tier 6 the number of CV players dropped drastically while the skill lever increased drastically. Atlanta/Flint should be hard but not impossible to attack. Like I said before 16 planes seems low unless the Ryujo got really lucky with citadels from hes DB's and obliterated the Atlanta in only a couple of passes, I have done 15k damage to battleships with the IJN DB's and it would only take a couple of hits like that to finish off and Atlanta.. Without the damage screen showing who did what to the Atlanta we are not getting the complete picture.

Sorry, for no replay, but like I said, I only remember getting hit by planes twice. The Ranger hit me with rockets, but I took almost no damage...was still green. The second strike would have killed me anyway I think. I had just survived getting rushed by three BBs, and was about to get finished by a Bismarck. I was yellow if not red. Why the CV bothered with me in that state in a question left to him I guess. I did laugh about the CV killing me, and said so in chat. 

I guess I was to dangerous to let live! :Smile_playing: :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,155 posts
9,895 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I am not arguing for the strength of AA per say.  I am simply stating I think there is an issue when a USN cruiser that was touted as a no fly zone now does less AA damage than some DD's.  If AA needs to be buffed or nerfed across the board, so be it.  All I am saying is a premium that was sold as a ship with some of the best AA for it's tier should always and forever have some of the best AA of its tier.

Making planes harder to kill then selling newer shinier premiums that now have proper AA is a bit shady if you ask me.

[GC]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
4,084 battles
21 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Eeeeh, I'd say nerfed, but by way of changes to core game mechanics, much like the removal of open water stealth firing clobbered Gremyashchy (which is still pretty good despite it) and Blyskawica (which is not).

--Helms

[PVE]
Members
6,897 posts
22,643 battles
4 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Eeeeh, I'd say nerfed, but by way of changes to core game mechanics, much like the removal of open water stealth firing clobbered Gremyashchy (which is still pretty good despite it) and Blyskawica (which is not).

--Helms

When ECXP was 1st introduced I bought the Atlanta specifically to trade my 1st 19 point commander between it & the Gearing (which I also bought the T10 camo for)...they were the perfect match just long enough to be able to farm enough ECXP for 1 of my German commanders...& then they took away stealth firing & all of a sudden AFT didn't look so good on the Gearing w/the extra gun bloom...(have you ever tried to run an Atlanta w/out AFT...11.1 base gun range against T9 ships...ouch).

So instead of a 19 point German commander I ended up w/2 19 point US ones so Atlanta could have it's own as it was just way too OP not to run but wasn't gonna keep AFT on the Gearing.

Last $ I ever spent on the game...but can't say I disagree w/the stealth firing removal...just had to relearn the game afterwards because it was my bread & butter at the time.

Edit: Plus I farmed many more 19 point commanders even w/the change.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos