You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TinCanMan_

How to Kill DDs with rockets

4 comments in this topic

[-NXS-]
Members
30 posts
3,690 battles

Gents, 

What is the best way to get rocket hits on DDs.  Conversely, what makes DDs hard to hit with rockets?

Hmmm.  Maybe I should ask with a different name?

Cheers

[5D4]
Members
36 posts
7,411 battles

If making a run perpendicular you need to aim a little ahead of the bow so the dd sails into them. If making a bow  to stern ( or opposite) you want to place the rockets so they sail into them as well.  There is no devestating strike any more.  You have to work the dd over repeatedly.

Having said that, understand that while you harass the dd you limit its ability to do other things so there is value in that.

Members
320 posts
5,554 battles

I always place my marker ahead of DDs, keep my line of attack exactly straight, and adjust the throttle only to deal with any changes in speed or direction. That way I can have the most accurate attack runs while still hitting the target

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,152 posts
14,738 battles
1 hour ago, 03Haiku said:

If making a run perpendicular you need to aim a little ahead of the bow so the dd sails into them. If making a bow  to stern ( or opposite) you want to place the rockets so they sail into them as well.  There is no devestating strike any more.  You have to work the dd over repeatedly.

Having said that, understand that while you harass the dd you limit its ability to do other things so there is value in that.

If you ask the anti-CV crowd they will claim that rocket planes always get huge hits on DD's no matter what they do. Yeah, dev strikes are pretty much out except maybe for the IJN DB's but definitely not on DD's since the AP bombs are almost guaranteed to overpen.