You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

2nd Flag on German Ships

16 comments in this topic

[Y0L0W]
Members
578 posts
18,577 battles

There's a few ship lines that allow for a second flag. For example the Japanese, American, Russian, British lines, etc.

The German line has however been around for quite some time and I don't know if there's been any campaigns for events that have allowed for a second flag being mounted on German ships.

Has there?

• Cool 2

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles

No, they haven't had an event yet. WG hasn't gotten to that yet. Still only one flag.

[TJRD]
Members
836 posts
5,476 battles

Was really hoping we'd get a campagin for Luetjens, with double flag and alternate German camo perks. 

• Cool 3

[TF16B]
Modder
666 posts
818 battles

Maybe with the release of the German CV’s, we’ll get a second flag.

• Cool 2

[GRAVE]
Members
1,365 posts
19,536 battles
33 minutes ago, Bortt said:

There's a few ship lines that allow for a second flag. For example the Japanese, American, Russian, British lines, etc.

The German line has however been around for quite some time and I don't know if there's been any campaigns for events that have allowed for a second flag being mounted on German ships.

Has there?

I’m willing to bet second flag and alt camos for German ships will come with the release of German CVs, coming as early as 9.6, but likely 9.7

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
578 posts
18,577 battles

Been a while considering the German has been around for so long and a lot of the newer lines have a 2nd flag.

[FORM]
Members
1,838 posts
12,227 battles
39 minutes ago, Bortt said:

Nope... and speaking about Germans and some time has passed... where's is the Siegfried?

Members
4,478 posts
19,839 battles

It would also be nice if the flag size on Scharnhorst was to be increased. As it is, it's not much bigger than signal flags.

Members
323 posts
5,557 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Orrin said:

Was really hoping we'd get a campagin for Luetjens, with double flag and alternate German camo perks. 

I don't know about Lütjens, but I would pay for Hans Langsdorff to be my captain any day

Edited by FullMetal_Inferno

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
18,233 battles
1 hour ago, Mailman653 said:

Maybe with the release of the German CV’s, we’ll get a second flag.

^^^^  This would be my guess.

[POP]
Members
4,670 posts
12,429 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Nope... and speaking about Germans and some time has passed... where's is the Siegfried?

Coming Soon (tm), obviously :Smile_trollface:

[YOU]
Members
146 posts
12,023 battles

about time, Germans are left over in WG as usual. No Russian love for German ships for sure.

Edited by You13

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,912 battles
2 hours ago, Bortt said:

Has there?

Been waiting for that for years, literally. I don't know why, but I really like the two flags on ships and always work toward getting them.

[TJRD]
Members
836 posts
5,476 battles
6 hours ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

I don't know about Lütjens, but I would pay for Hans Langsdorff to be my captain any day

That's a very good point. I'd also love Doenitz for my future U-boats... 

[GLF]
Members
1,046 posts
17,220 battles

Yes please allow 2 flags for germans so I can run the corgi pirate flag and the Military Month Contributor flag as opposed to only the latter.  

Those of us with the MMC will either run  MMC + something else that we think looks cool, or we'll run just the MMC alone.  There is no net difference so I don't really understand why they are so stingy on allowing for more flags that do nothing extra for a ship or gameplay.   

Has anyone ever even looked at my flags in game?    Have any of you ever had someone else ask/comment about a non-MMC flag you had mounted?   What would be the difference in allowing us to mount them all if we so wish, and simply not paint them anywhere for anyone else in game to see?  Seems like it needs a mod to allow for it. 

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
On 5/25/2020 at 1:50 PM, Bortt said:

Has there?

No, there hasn't.

Pretty sure everyone is well aware of that, however.  Thank you for pointing that out anyway.