You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tankmaster2003_hero

Yamato final Commander Skill question

10 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
2,732 battles

Ok so I finally got 19 points on Yamamoto, and I was wondering what I should spend the last 3 available points on: Basics of Survivability or Vigilance. Personally I'm leaning towards BoS because of all the HE spam and it also reduces the reload of RP, and since the Yamato is pretty much a static playstyle I don't really have to worry getting torped by an undetected DD cause my teammates (no matter how bad they are lol) will default spot it before it even gets close. 

Also is this the right place in the forums to be asking a question like this. Thanks. 

Members
6,738 posts
21,145 battles
7 minutes ago, tankmaster2003_hero said:

Ok so I finally got 19 points on Yamamoto, and I was wondering what I should spend the last 3 available points on: Basics of Survivability or Vigilance. Personally I'm leaning towards BoS because of all the HE spam and it also reduces the reload of RP, and since the Yamato is pretty much a static playstyle I don't really have to worry getting torped by an undetected DD cause my teammates (no matter how bad they are lol) will default spot it before it even gets close. 

Also is this the right place in the forums to be asking a question like this. Thanks. 

The Yamato is one of the fattest juiciest targets in the game. I don't think there is a wrong answer. One might help you stop some damage, the other my help you avoid it in the first place.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

I would say BoS for sure. Yam plays further back, so enemy torps are probably spotted anyhow, plus she already has great torp protection... on top of all that, she is meaty and vulnerable to fires, making BoS a better pick imo.

Either works, but I suggest BoS. As long as it isnt SE it's not wrong:Smile_trollface:

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

As Vibes said, there is no wrong answer; it depends on the situation and playstyle. BoS will be useful in pretty much every match. Vigilance will be useful on occasions but will be life saving. If you are not too worried about torps then just go with BoS.

Additional resources for captain skills are: Wiki page, the "help me" discord channel, and CC videos. Nothing wrong with posting here but your post might get swamped by the daily rant and whine, so the tutorial sub-forum is usually a better choice.

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,217 battles

78b9137cdf8bec353cc270a0f1b10de0.png

This is the stock standard tank build for battleships.

you can go further by swapping expert marksmen for jack of all trades or high alert but for randoms this does fine

0c55347c3ad0bc61658a062e52d789a7.png

If you want to ascend yourself to the next tier of being a battleship gaming god you can try this build, designed for minimizing incoming damage and farming damage. Concealment is irrelevant because cv and i am always firing my guns, i like high alert to get my dcp back up faster so i can notser 1 fire but do it intelligently and use island cover to prevent fires instantly being relit.

Obviously you dont need expert loader on a yamato because why would you fire h.e so you could drop preventative maintenance and expert loader for jack of all trades.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PISD]
Members
1,493 posts
5,716 battles

In Yamato, seeing torps further will not really help you to dodge them. It turns like truck with no directions and stop like the titanic. Plus, with her torpedo protectiob and the flood nerf, torpedoes aren’t as deadly as before.

meanwhile you tend to be a 73k tons hibachi so bos is more useful. 

[WPORT]
Members
6,609 posts
11,613 battles

Basics of Survivability would be my choice.

[POP]
Members
4,655 posts
12,351 battles
2 hours ago, _BBaby said:

Either works, but I suggest BoS. As long as it isnt SE it's not wrong:Smile_trollface:

*Mimes writing on palm* ‘put TAE or Aircraft Armor on Yamato.’ Got it. 

:Smile-_tongue:

[PHU]
Members
239 posts
5,208 battles

BoS > Vigilance. Vigilance could be a tad bit useful if you run Torpedo Lookout instead of Concealment on slot 5 for upgrades. I ideally like my Musashi guns to keep shooting and I rarely drop out of detection, but going dark is useful if the PT number is high. The amount of HE and fires at T10 is just too high to not take BoS and managing heals is much easier when you have it, especially now that flooding isn't as dangerous as it was. Yamato's rudder is also insane and the extra reaction time gained from spotting torpedoes earlier isn't actually that helpful, so unless you'e good at predicting them, you won't be avoiding many torpedoes. If you're really adamant about avoiding torps, you could take steering gears, but the rudder is still a pain to deal with and you still keep the massive turning circle. You're aren't meant to dance in Yamato. BoS is the overall better choice for Yamato's long to mid range playstyle.

Edited by Chozo_Elder