Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
soupflakes

Help with the Sinop

8 comments in this topic

[RSL]
Members
30 posts
1,901 battles

Ok all. I'm going to humbly ask for help. I've never really played ranked before, and I'm a relatively casual gamer. Also I really dont have a ton of tier 7s, the sinop happens to be one of them. I was actually doing really well all the way up to tier 9. And then I seem to have hit a brick wall. I went from really influencing my team, to basically relying on them to win. Heres what I'm finding. 

1. RNG seems crazy, I'm steeply angled at another sinop, who's got not quite a broadside, 13 to 15km away. But less angled than me. I'll do maybe 5 to 6k, and hell slap me for 20k. Am I doing something wrong?  If hes broadside I am right at or just barely above the waterline. Since sinop cit is so high, and if hes angled I try to knock out turrets or land shots on his deck/superstructure. Bow on I try to punch through the bow. 

2.  Positioning. I really try to plan my positioning well, but just seems like I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm also not yoloing. I watch the minimap and try to support the team as much as possible, even if that means taking fire away from my teammates so they can stay alive. 

3. Again on RNG. I really seem to have lost that huge dev strike capability I was able to do from rank 18 down to 9. It was pretty common for me to dev strike at least one ship a game. Now it seems like the shells harmlessly splash all around. Or a common one, at the beginning I was slapping the crapout of Fijis. And now I'm overpenning 6, 7, even 8 shots on em  havent changed my aim. 

Thoughts?  Advice? Help?

[HINON]
Members
13,732 posts

Now that you are in a different league you are running into better players who aren't as prone to giving you those juicy broadsides. Best bet would be to put up a replay to get tailored advice from more experienced players to see what you are doing right and what you still need to improve.

[RSL]
Members
30 posts
1,901 battles
34 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Now that you are in a different league you are running into better players who aren't as prone to giving you those juicy broadsides. Best bet would be to put up a replay to get tailored advice from more experienced players to see what you are doing right and what you still need to improve.

I'll tell you what, I'll play one right now and post it up, maybe someone can help me, I'm sure no matter what I'll be doing something wrong, but at least it'll allow me to ponder some things.

[EQRN]
Members
2,131 posts
18,640 battles

Your stats tell me your best T7 is the Akatsuki - you have a lot of games in it and a good WR.  Your WR with Colorado and New Orleans is bad.  I’d stick with the DD - they usually end up determining how the game is going to go more so than cruisers and BBs.  “Best BB/cruiser/DD” is too often interpreted as “easy win button ship”.  You have to actually be good at any given ships’ playstyle to get the most out of it.  The Sinop isn’t going to make a bad BB player into a good one.

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

I couldn't get the Sinop to work for me in ranked. I ground through it in 32 battles with a 44% WR but I was even worse in the few games I played it in ranked, so I ended up switching over to cruisers. Tier 7 BB's are my kryptonite, the 3 tech tree ships I have on it (Lyon, Sinop, Colorado) are my 3 worst WR Tier 5-10 BB's. But at the other end, my top 3 are the Tier 8 North Carolina and the New Mexico & Izmail that are both Tier 6.

[RSL]
Members
30 posts
1,901 battles
2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Your stats tell me your best T7 is the Akatsuki - you have a lot of games in it and a good WR.  Your WR with Colorado and New Orleans is bad.  I’d stick with the DD - they usually end up determining how the game is going to go more so than cruisers and BBs.  “Best BB/cruiser/DD” is too often interpreted as “easy win button ship”.  You have to actually be good at any given ships’ playstyle to get the most out of it.  The Sinop isn’t going to make a bad BB player into a good one.

So I'll try some more in the Akatsuki. The colorado I absolutely loathed. I loved the NC. Massy. Even the Alabama. Massy is probably my favorite ship.

I'm going to do some more Akatsuki. I really got turned off from DDs once I got the Kagero. Between CVs, Radar, Hydro, ridiculously firing HE cruisers, i just decided to try BBs. And I LIKE the BBs, but maybe not as good in them. 

As far as new orleans, i think if I played a few more games in her I'd get better. I dont play much for cruisers, so I was really just starting to learn. The big learning curve for me was how easy they are to punish if you make a mistake. Make a mistake in a BB you have heals and even though you may take a huge hit, you'll probably live to get out of detect and then still play a role. Cruisers you get deleted. Also, I wouldnt try the new orleans in ranked. It sucks for ranked. I may akatsuki it up a bit more. Actually got a Kraken in ranked the other day with it.

[NFJF]
Members
693 posts
10,417 battles
4 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Not to mention now is a great chance to dust off the good ole DDs for some gameplay, since this season lacks CVs.

[RSL]
Members
30 posts
1,901 battles
2 hours ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Not to mention now is a great chance to dust off the good ole DDs for some gameplay, since this season lacks CVs.

So I actually played the last 3 games with the akat, won two, lost one but was top of my team. This ship can actually be pretty deadly if you use caution. And dont get impatient, just by keeping an atlanta spotted he couldn't do ANYTHING to our team. I was right outside radar range, or he couldn't find the button for it. I dunno. He finally got pissed and moved out of cover and immediately got slapped by our gneis.

Sign in to follow this