Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CorvusBB39

Odd anniversary email

1 comment in this topic

[LRM]
Members
558 posts
12,055 battles

Today I find in my inbox an email from games_na@prm.wargaming.net congratulating me on my 4th anniversary with the game (which it is).  There is a link inside to claim 25x For Meritorious Service camo, a "festive patch marking your gaming experience ," and a coupon with a 30% discount for a purchase in the Premium Shop. On clicking the big, red Claim the Reward button, a page on the WOWS site is opened that talks about The Sea Wolves Program.

• The Sea Wolves program consists of two parts:
  • 1) The "Honorary Service" rewards, congratulate those veterans celebrating the anniversary of their first battle –counting from the game’s launch (September 17, 2015)– with a different patch for each year of experience.
  • 2) The “Personal Fleet” rewards, congratulating Commanders who enjoy collecting ships, and who have assembled more than 50 of them in their Port.
  • Thank you for your service!

along with another red button, Download this time.

Clicking that downloads a 6.4Mb executable file.  Trying to run that get two quick errors, Can't find the Intel graphics and Wargaming.net Game Center cannot recover from an error.  Please reinstall the application from the support center (8201).

Now, by coincidence, getting a new box, I had just downloaded both the Game Center and the game itself just yesterday.  Since I have been doing nothing but updates for Windows, the graphics card driver and even the BIOS(!) since then I check again today; the Game Center opens okay and WoWS starts okay.  I try installing the game center again and get the Can't find the Intel graphics error again.

First off, I'm not sure why an executable needs to be run to collect a patch, some camo, and a coupon -- up until now to get goodies, at most I had to redeem a Wargaming code in the premium shop.  Secondly, this is not happening a smoothly as it might.

Edit:  An-n-n-d, when I actually fought a battle, they did get awarded.  Weird.

A coupon with a 30% discount for a purchase in the Premium Shop.
Edited by CorvusBB39

Sign in to follow this