You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ripper124

HE for UK Light Cruisers

12 comments in this topic

[M0F0S]
Members
4 posts
16,964 battles

With the advent of the subs as well as the fact that the UK HE is much more effective then the AP.

I believe that it would be much better to have the AP used exclusively on the light cruisers  replaced with the HE or at least give us the choice.

If the AP has to make a perfect hit to damage the Subs then the UK light cruisers will only have one effective weapon the Depth Charge to use against the subs.

This will unbalance the the game. Also the fact that the UK HE has a better penetration than the AP, in my opinion, and is over all more effective. What armourer would elect to

to use AP over HP on the ships?

Thanks

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Do we really need an entire line of mini-Woosters?

HE spam is already bad enough in this game.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,995 posts
10,430 battles

WG removed HE from the UK CLs during testing because the combination of high ROF 152mm HE and smoke was too powerful, especially at mid tiers where radar is rare.

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,294 posts
12,976 battles
14 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

WG removed HE from the UK CLs during testing because the combination of high ROF 152mm HE and smoke was too powerful, especially at mid tiers where radar is rare.

That, and WG wasn't happy with the playstyle. Move up, sit in smoke, spam HE. It was boring to play, and boring to play against. The choices for WG were, get rid of the smoke, or get rid of the HE. If you pulled the smoke off, they'd be like any other light cruiser. Pull the HE off, and give them special AP rounds (very similar to SAP) and they ended up different. WG wanted different.

[KIA-T]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,289 battles

Please no, HE spam is already pushing me to hardly playing the game. Even more would just make me quit outright.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Do we really need an entire line of mini-Woosters?

HE spam is already bad enough in this game.

More like Smolensk since they have smoke. 

[GRAVE]
Members
1,361 posts
19,512 battles
9 hours ago, Ripper124 said:

ith the advent of the subs as well as the fact that the UK HE is much more effective then the AP.

not really, Daring AP has DM bounce angles and can arm on DDs, Goliath AP overmatches 16mm plating (British light cruisers, Smolensk, and Colbert) and RN BB AP is decent (Warspite, Vanguard, and Thunderer in particular have really good AP) 

I believe that it would be much better to have the AP used exclusively on the light cruisers  replaced with the HE or at least give us the choice.

you saw how Kutuzov, Flint, and Smolensk turned out, did you?

Also the fact that the UK HE has a better penetration than the AP

HE has a finite pen over any range, and its generally far less the the lowest AP pen value you can get

Ex: 152mm HE has either 25 or 30mm (tier dependent) of pen no matter the range
        at 15km the average AP pen for 152mm ships is 100mm
        10km about 160mm
        and at 5km its between 200-230mm

Yeah, HE has more pen than AP.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,656 posts
9,872 battles

I figure they could do this.

If the RN CLs gave up the heal below T8, or the smoke/radar.

Maybe both.

[M0F0S]
Members
4 posts
16,964 battles

If this is the case then why was the Smolensk given all that power they should not have allowed a ship with radar smoke & HE to exist in the game.NERF the Smolensk is the answer.

[SPTR]
Members
27,186 posts
16,913 battles

I think a line of smolensks is absolutely terrifying not just to subs, just give the British CLs depth charges and call it at that.