Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Free Captain Respec Upcoming?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,508
[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

@Hapa_Fodder

With subs soon to be release, even in their own mode it would be nice for Wargaming to have a free captain respect period. Especially when this sub mode feels a lot like a test and in order to get accurate test results players need to be able to test some Captain builds. Like for example BB captains may want to try secondary guns and Vigilance, or any number of things. And of course there are various builds for other ships that will need to be tried.

So the question is will there or could there be a captain respect period either this either this week or next? 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,358
[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,581 battles

WG has systematically been becoming less generous with these.

Even though CB still is an entirely different meta than randoms, WG found a way to justify removing the respec at the season start/end.

I don't expect we will get many if any more going forward.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
529 posts
11,053 battles
18 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

WG has systematically been becoming less generous with these.

Even though CB still is an entirely different meta than randoms, WG found a way to justify removing the respec at the season start/end.

I don't expect we will get many if any more going forward.

The game is getting the WoT treatment, ... do they have any idea how bad World of Tank's reputation has gotten over the years?

If the game has to be done like it just to stay alive, then I am all for shutting it down on a high note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615
Members
1,771 posts
26,661 battles

Every $ injected into WG's coffers by players further deadens WG's responsiveness and generosity, for WG translates income into approval of their (increasingly) stingy posture.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[PHD]
Members
1,703 posts
7,043 battles

I don't think they will do a free respec until the subs go to the main game. And perhaps if or when they redo the captain skills, as in add some sub specific skills and maybe reduce the cost of the IFHE skill since they nerfed it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,524
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,778 battles
10 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I don't think they will do a free respec until the subs go to the main game.

Agree. At that point, however, I think they would pretty much be obliged to offer a free reassignment period (as they did with the release of the rework carriers), in case someone wants to assign some of their 19 pointers to submarines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
199
[ANKER]
Members
374 posts
6,461 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

@Hapa_Fodder

With subs soon to be release, even in their own mode it would be nice for Wargaming to have a free captain respect period. Especially when this sub mode feels a lot like a test and in order to get accurate test results players need to be able to test some Captain builds. Like for example BB captains may want to try secondary guns and Vigilance, or any number of things. And of course there are various builds for other ships that will need to be tried.

So the question is will there or could there be a captain respect period either this either this week or next? 

i'm hoping they will have their own separate mode..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,291 battles
24 minutes ago, 9TenSix2Eight said:

i'm hoping they will have their own separate mode..

Right?

They have already made a big purple button. That's half way there.

Of course, that purple button is creating immense anxiety and consternation amongst the folks who think CVs should be set free, to frollick like fawns amongst the mountain pastures. Everyone at WG is giving each other side eye at the water fountain, whenever anybody mentions the purple button. They know that we know that they know exactly what it means.

It means choice. Freedom.

It means tearing down that wall. Draining the swamp. Frollicking with the fawns.

I can't believe spell check doesn't accept "frollick" as a verb. This place is a crypt for fun times. Those poor fawns. And those poor DDs, of course.

 

 

 

Edited by SidTheBlade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,391 posts
13,906 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

o the question is will there or could there be a captain respect period either this either this week or next? 

So now we BEG for what WG used to just give us..... SMH... how to win friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,508
[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Agree. At that point, however, I think they would pretty much be obliged to offer a free reassignment period (as they did with the release of the rework carriers), in case someone wants to assign some of their 19 pointers to submarines.

That is exactly the point is we are seeing an entirely new type of battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,524
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,778 battles
2 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

"frollick"

"frolic"

Present tense I frolic, you frolic etc. vs. I am frolicking, you are frolicking.

Past tense I frolicked, you frolicked, 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Agree. At that point, however, I think they would pretty much be obliged to offer a free reassignment period (as they did with the release of the rework carriers), in case someone wants to assign some of their 19 pointers to submarines.

The subs already come with 19 pt captains:

64222cda-9e6f-11ea-8ffc-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,508
[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
7 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

The subs already come with 19 pt captains:

64222cda-9e6f-11ea-8ffc-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Yes they do, but the problem is we will be using some of our surface ships in sub battles as well which are the ships that will need a respec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yes they do, but the problem is we will be using some of our surface ships in sub battles as well which are the ships that will need a respec.

I absolutely agree with you that free commander respecs will be very helpful when testing subs. (simply pointing out that subs already come with 19 pt commanders, which @Ensign_Cthulhu seems to not have known)

Whether subs come with 19 pt commanders or not has nothing to do with your proposal.

Edited by henrychenhenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,524
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,778 battles
8 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

(simply pointing out that subs already come with 19 pt commanders, which @Ensign_Cthulhu seems to not have known)

Sorry if I wasn't clear; I'm talking about when subs enter the game as permanent fixtures and captains have to be trained for them, rather than their current status as short-period rentals with 19 point loaners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[G0ATS]
Members
118 posts
1,841 battles

I'm hoping that submarine captains get a different set of skill tree for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear; I'm talking about when subs enter the game as permanent fixtures and captains have to be trained for them, rather than their current status as short-period rentals with 19 point loaners.

Thanks for clarifying your position. I misread your post. Sure, it would be nice to get free captain reassignment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×