Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
0ldRichard

Happy Memorial Day, USA

23 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
16,559 battles

Don't know why you used a sailor?

Happy Memorial Day!

some of my best friends are sailors....

[TDRB]
Members
5,318 posts
13,743 battles

My grandfather served in WW1, my dad & 5 uncles were WW2 vets. By grace of God I & all my cousins avoided Vietnam although some of us were in the military during that time.

This is a day to honor vets of all wars. O7

• Cool 2

[NONE]
Members
3,885 posts
12,035 battles
28 minutes ago, Sinton said:

Don't know why you used a sailor?

image.thumb.png.4cb193b5fd69380bde4dac9fb55341df.png

My Navy, that's why. Got a problem with that?

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Cool 8

[WPORT]
Members
9,875 posts
14,356 battles

Remembering the good people and honoring the brave deeds, on Memorial Day.

• Cool 5

[FML]
Members
4,167 posts
16,146 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I have to acknowledge, the Americans really know how to make great memorials. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
16,559 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

They are not forgotten.

image.thumb.png.3fbb576be96c62895bc8df21b3713b8b.png

My Grandfather was a torpedo mans mate in the USN from 1915- 1919'

He joined at 15 years old.

He said that from 1917 to 1918 he was always wet and always cold as were all who served in the great northern fleet.

I carried his black silk scarf with me on every deployment

• Cool 2

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
16,559 battles

So I salute your service and wish it kindness and hope as I do all my Uncles who flew for the the Eighth and Ninth Air Corps and all my Uncles who died in Korean and with the Viet Minh.

3 hots and cot.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
868 posts
7,298 battles

In memoriam of our 1.35M war dead from the Revolutionary War to current actions in the Middle East.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

Also, for my late grandfather pictured here on the USS Texas (5th Marine on left) circa 1940.

texasmarines.jpg

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
16,559 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

They are not forgotten.

Best I think as we should be friends.

And so we are... great friends so we are.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

My grandfather served in WW1, my dad & 5 uncles were WW2 vets. By grace of God I & all my cousins avoided Vietnam although some of us were in the military during that time.

This is a day to honor vets of all wars. O7

Same here !!  Grand father in WW1 and all of my Uncles (5 as well) and Dad were WW2 or Korean War.....  The only lottery I have ever won was the Draft lottery .  I enlisted and the war ended before I could get there and retired in 96.  My son retired in 2019.  My oldest Grand Daughter enlisted in the Navy last week after graduation !!!  We are so proud.  And, so it goes........another generation of those whom serve. 

[NONE]
Members
3,885 posts
12,035 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Same here !!  Grand father in WW1 and all of my Uncles (5 as well) and Dad were WW2 or Korean War.....  The only lottery I have ever won was the Draft lottery .  I enlisted and the war ended before I could get there and retired in 96.  My son retired in 2019.  My oldest Grand Daughter enlisted in the Navy last week after graduation !!!  We are so proud.  And, so it goes........another generation of those whom serve. 

My grandpa was gassed in the Meuse-Argonne in 1918. My dad flew in PBY's against the U-Boats. My uncle was an assault boat coxswain on D-Day. I retired from the Navy. Now my son is in the Virginia Army National Guard.

And so it goes. Tradition.  :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
46 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

My grandpa was gassed in the Meuse-Argonne in 1918. My dad flew in PBY's against the U-Boats. My uncle was an assault boat coxswain on D-Day. I retired from the Navy. Now my son is in the Virginia Army National Guard.

Are we related?  My Grandfather (Army - Artillery) was gassed in 1918 and stayed in France until the war was over.  Eldest uncle joined the RAF in 39 and then was a Bombardier the rest of the war.....  Dad was a Iwo Marine.  Another was a mechanic for B-17's and served with his older brother in England.  Two younger uncles were AAF and the Air Force in Korea.  I got to meet many of the 8th AF's Bomb groups at their 50th Reunion and heard all of the stories of the two Uncles in England......all of the stories (hours.)

Tradition is built by those whom are so stubborn, history has to relent.....  And, we Serve....hooah !  :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Asym_KS

[CLUMP]
Members
1,892 posts
2,412 battles
5 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

They are not forgotten.

:Smile_honoring: :Smile_honoring: :Smile_honoring:

5 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Pearl Harbor Arizona Memorial :fish_book:

[TDRB]
Members
5,318 posts
13,743 battles
4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

My eldest 2 sons barely missed going to Iraq 2003. One was assigned for retraining to another MOS, the other's unit went to Saudi 2 months before for a 6 month deployment. He was left behind because he only had 3 months left on his enlistment. The stop loss kept him in the military another 15 months.

My lottery number was 6. A trip to Vietnam appeared to be in my future but I lucked into getting into the Air Guards. I came in 2nd on the entrance exams but the person who had the highest score failed his physical. The older male cousins had families, which was a draft deferment at that time, and my younger male cousins were a couple years too young.

Edited by kgh52

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
16,559 battles
6 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I salute you Sir.  My Son, my only Son, signed his enlisted papers this week with US Army.  

He could have taken a commission but wanted to his 'old man's' way.

He'll have his own pains' as we all did

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this