You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Submarine Battles: Free Submarine Rentals

298 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,970 posts
14,344 battles

Details of the new temporary battle type, plus the specifics of playing and countering submarines.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 9
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,060 posts
22,580 battles

Still not sold on subs....

However, this article has a link to a free gift for tokens.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
6,503 posts
11,507 battles
33 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Details of the new temporary battle type, plus the specifics of playing and countering submarines.

Read it on the portal

Message read and hereby acknowledged.

Looks like the Public Test Server modes are moving to the normal servers for play-testing.

[EINER]
Beta Testers
84 posts

"Free submarine rentals" is an oxymoron (a word or phrase that contains elements that contradict each other).:fish_palm:

• Cool 8

Supertester
335 posts
16,858 battles

SO the first log-in and receipt of a token will unlock the submarines? Or could RNG with hold her blessings and maybe it's day 19 of the test for some players to access the submarines themselves? 

Will bot submarines or bot ships round out the rosters?

I don't understand the use of blockers (token bundles) in order to participate. Why didn't youse just do it the clan battle rental method- play a T8 to get access to T10 rentals? IN this instance, why not simply have done  - play any T6 for access to T6 submarine rentals.  I find the assigned method confusing. Does WOWS want maximum participation by the player base or not? if Yes - then release these "pseudo steely eyed non-sub simulation killers of the deep" (tm - pending) without barriers.

Anyhow, hopefully the event turns out well. Good luck to those able to participate.

• Cool 2

[KSD]
Members
70 posts
9,039 battles
50 minutes ago, SquirrelBytes said:

Do we keep the commanders or do they leave when the rental ship goes?

no

• Confused 2

[_BDA_]
Members
390 posts
6,029 battles
5 minutes ago, munchtiger said:

no

No, you don't get to keep them or no, they don't vanish?  Which is it?

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
53 posts
6,975 battles

They keep trying to push submarines on us with absolutely no resemblance to historical accuracy..  The minute they show up in random battles, is the minute I uninstall.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 9

Members
2,384 posts
13,906 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Read it on the portal

Please... just keep the subs "over there"... if WG forces this "really bad idea, implemented poorly" into the game... .. wait, what am I thinking.. WG will do whatever they want... just like they have in the past... it is frustrating to experience all that is WG... sigh...

• Cool 8
  • Boring 5

[-NAF-]
Members
14 posts
10,379 battles
14 minutes ago, Xime said:

They keep trying to push submarines on us with absolutely no resemblance to historical accuracy..  The minute they show up in random battles, is the minute I uninstall.

So, you are fine with other ship lines with absolutely no resemblance to historical accuracy, but just submarines is where it crosses the line? Might as well uninstall now, because its probably just going to get worse for you from here on out.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,255 posts
12,105 battles
2 hours ago, AVR__Project said:
  •  

I rammed a Benson with my Lo Yang the other day.

It ripped a hole in the space-time continuum.

it takes a good knowledge of warship to understand this joke, but i get it, and its hilarious 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,216 posts
19,261 battles

I played the test server version, I can't see how they will make this class fun to play. Playing a submarine was mind numbingly boring.

• Cool 7
  • Confused 2

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,575 battles
3 hours ago, IsThatreallyTheplan said:

SO the first log-in and receipt of a token will unlock the submarines? Or could RNG with hold her blessings and maybe it's day 19 of the test for some players to access the submarines themselves? 

Will bot submarines or bot ships round out the rosters?

I don't understand the use of blockers (token bundles) in order to participate. Why didn't youse just do it the clan battle rental method- play a T8 to get access to T10 rentals? IN this instance, why not simply have done  - play any T6 for access to T6 submarine rentals.  I find the assigned method confusing. Does WOWS want maximum participation by the player base or not? if Yes - then release these "pseudo steely eyed non-sub simulation killers of the deep" (tm - pending) without barriers.

Anyhow, hopefully the event turns out well. Good luck to those able to participate.

Very good points that need answers please.

@Hapa_Fodder, how many sub tokens will you get per day please? How much will the 7 sub bundles cost in tokens please? Will you sell the sub tokens and/or sub bundles for cash and/or doubloons please?

• Cool 1

Members
948 posts
2,321 battles
44 minutes ago, Darman_Ordo said:

So, you are fine with other ship lines with absolutely no resemblance to historical accuracy, but just submarines is where it crosses the line? Might as well uninstall now, because its probably just going to get worse for you from here on out.

The historical ships do have historical accuracy especially the BB's and cruisers. Correct guns more or less correct speed more or less correct armor and it's the finer details(fire chance, maneuverability) where they are creative. I don't get the anti history people on here and why they play makes no sense to me. 

DD's, CV's and Subs are different than conventional warships and to be included in the game require creativity. But they still look exactly the same and without the unrealistic aspects we wouldn't use them at all.

But the "it's just a game, ignore the history" people are forgetting why these games exist. Without the history they are just rando MMO's. Now someone retorted they'd play anyway but that isn't how people got into the game or how it got off the ground.  

• Cool 4

[-K_P-]
Members
424 posts
3,550 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

@Hapa_Fodder how many sub tokens will you get per day please? How much will the 7 sub bundles cost in tokens please? Will you sell the sub tokens and/or sub bundles for cash and/or doubloons please?

While Im not Hapa, it says it right on the page:

To stand at the helm of a submarine yourself, you need to collect and use Submarine Tokens. These Tokens will be credited upon your first login each day during the run of Submarine Battles. You can exchange Submarine Tokens for random bundles in the Armory. One of the seven available random bundles will drop three 21-day rental submarines, each with a special 19-skill-point Commander. The remaining bundles will drop 500 Coal each.

Members
948 posts
2,321 battles

Honestly I see this as an admission the tests were a failure. So we're not getting them in the game, we can't play the special mode without less than 15% RNG and the special mode's probably gone in the next patch? I can't see that as having been the ideal scenario when they started this. My interpretation of this is "we're not putting subs in the game for a very long time, but we made the ships for testing so if you want to play them in isolation from the regular game here you go if you 1/7 rng". Where's the proof this will be anything more than say a space battles or any unique gamemode that exists for just a patch? WG has shown they have the ability to deliver diverse gamemodes. They just for whatever reason will not make those modes permanent despite the lack of diverse game modes being the games most glaring flaw. 

The good news is the people who were concerned don't have to worry anymore. But I was really looking forward to subs(as a BB main) tbh.

Sorry for being so critical OP, I do it because I care. 

Edited by Aristotle83
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4 posts
2,589 battles

Fragmentation effects? OMG ROFL LOL you don't have a clue do you? it's the concussion that causes the damage.

• Cool 4