You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

PTS question.

14 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,651 posts

I decided to download the PTS.  My screen name is a bunch of numbers and not my name.  Will this effect the rewards you are suppose to get?

How long does it take to get the rewards?

Finnaly.  If PTS is for testing how can ot be much goos when there where 2 real people per team?

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I decided to download the PTS.  My screen name is a bunch of numbers and not my name.  Will this effect the rewards you are suppose to get?

How long does it take to get the rewards?

Finnaly.  If PTS is for testing how can ot be much goos when there where 2 real people per team?

are your emails the same. doesnt take that long usually a week after the update. Are you playing Co op or randoms, randoms have more people

[SOV]
Members
4,651 posts
1 minute ago, lordholland4293 said:

are your emails the same. doesnt take that long usually a week after the update. Are you playing Co op or randoms, randoms have more people

my emails are the same just screen name is different.

Was doing coop

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,831 posts
4,733 battles

Did you explicitly link your PT account to your regular account?   If so you should be able to change your PTS name, even use jags_domain since it's on a different server.  (Don't recall much since ti's been so long.)

Does your PT log-in name show in your WGC installation?

PTS numbers are a constant problem.  Try to identify peak times.  And be aware that most PT players are from the European servers.

Edited by iDuckman

[SOV]
Members
4,651 posts
Just now, iDuckman said:

Did you explicitly link your PT account to your regular account?   If so you should be able to change your PTS name, even use jags_domain since it's on a different server.  (Don't recall much since ti's been so long.)

Does your PT log-in name show in your WGC installation?

PTS numbers are a constant problem.  Try to identify peak times.  And be aware that most PT players are on the European servers.

Will have to look tomorrow about the screen name.  I dont really care I just want to make sure the rewards go to the right place.

[POP]
Members
4,657 posts
12,375 battles

As long as both accounts are registered with the same email address, you’ll get your rewards credited to your main account. Typically they’ve been credited the Friday or Saturday after the patch hits the live server (so for the current PTS, assuming 9.5 isn’t delayed it will release on June 10 and the rewards would be available to claim on the 12th). Usually we get an email sent to the address on your account letting us know there are rewards available, but there were a few patches where they were delayed but the rewards were still available. 

You do need to manually claim your rewards here (https://worldofwarships.com/en/userbonus/), though. 

The name on the different accounts doesn’t matter, although you can change it. It’s been years since I changed mine to match my live server name so I don’t recall the process anymore. 

[SOV]
Members
4,651 posts
11 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

As long as both accounts are registered with the same email address, you’ll get your rewards credited to your main account. Typically they’ve been credited the Friday or Saturday after the patch hits the live server (so for the current PTS, assuming 9.5 isn’t delayed it will release on June 10 and the rewards would be available to claim on the 12th). Usually we get an email sent to the address on your account letting us know there are rewards available, but there were a few patches where they were delayed but the rewards were still available. 

You do need to manually claim your rewards here (https://worldofwarships.com/en/userbonus/), though. 

The name on the different accounts doesn’t matter, although you can change it. It’s been years since I changed mine to match my live server name so I don’t recall the process anymore. 

Does the gold money and so on continue or does it reset?

Its almost like a new game because there are so many things to do.  I can try different builds and ships like NC that I have mever played.  Its interesting.

Is there a section of things that they want me to try?

[POP]
Members
4,657 posts
12,375 battles
13 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Its almost like a new game because there are so many things to do.  I can try different builds and ships like NC that I have mever played.  Its interesting.

Typically anything currency related (xp/free xp/ commander xp/doubloons/etc) on PTS resets with each full round (so multiple parts for one update use the same, and then it resets for part one of the next patch). 

As far as I know, the only main thing being tested this round is the dockyard event for Graf Spee and Odin. You can check the PTS announcement on the main site or in the WGC launcher for anything that’s being tested. 

The opportunity to test different ships and builds is definitely nice on pts, and some people do use pts to try new tech tree lines. But keep in mind that pts tends to have a vastly different playstyle than the live servers, so a ship that you like in pts may not be as fun or strong on live. 

[SOV]
Members
4,651 posts
36 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Typically anything currency related (xp/free xp/ commander xp/doubloons/etc) on PTS resets with each full round (so multiple parts for one update use the same, and then it resets for part one of the next patch). 

As far as I know, the only main thing being tested this round is the dockyard event for Graf Spee and Odin. You can check the PTS announcement on the main site or in the WGC launcher for anything that’s being tested. 

The opportunity to test different ships and builds is definitely nice on pts, and some people do use pts to try new tech tree lines. But keep in mind that pts tends to have a vastly different playstyle than the live servers, so a ship that you like in pts may not be as fun or strong on live. 

Ok so I should by the boosters and see what happeneds.

[WORX]
Members
11,425 posts
19,183 battles
57 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

PTS  acts. reset each session.. Somethings are saved, while other content and resources reset.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,082 posts
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Definitely try out some ships you don't have yet ... you can sometimes be surprised and find that you like or don't like a ship before grinding it on the live server.

There is normally a list of things they would like us to try given in the PTS Feedback Thread ... 

[SOV]
Members
4,651 posts
7 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Definitely try out some ships you don't have yet ... you can sometimes be surprised and find that you like or don't like a ship before grinding it on the live server.

There is normally a list of things they would like us to try given in the PTS Feedback Thread ... 

Yea I tryed the French and EU DD.  There powerful but I die way to easy to go up an entire tree.

How do we give feed back?  The torps did nor show up untill I hit them.  Maybe a glitch maby something they are trying but need to tell them its a bad idea.

Edited by jags_domain

[WOLFC]
Members
3,082 posts
4 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Yea I tryed the French and EU DD.  There powerful but I die way to easy to go up an entire tree.

How do we give feed back?  The torps did nor show up untill I hit them.  Maybe a glitch maby something they are trying but need to tell them its a bad idea.

Just enter your feedback in the tread I linked to above ...