Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

Ranked play suggestion.

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,283
[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

The last surviving ship is ineligible for a star.

BB's saving a star by hanging back and killing low health ships after their team died.

Please discuss.

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

what it should be is if anyone gets a confederate or/and high caliber, they should keep a star.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
493
[KERMT]
Members
1,040 posts
2 minutes ago, Learux said:

The last surviving ship is ineligible for a star.

BB's saving a star by hanging back and killing low health ships after their team died.

Please discuss.

If it is wide spread certainly,

However I am an aggressive BB main, so it is a non issue for me personally. 
I hate BB's like that, it forces me to always play as a BB because as soon as I stop I see what everyone else has to put up with, I am so sorry guys. I play as many games as I can but I am one man. I duno who is teaching people these bad tactics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,935
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,899 posts
11,670 battles

No one should keep a star on the losing team . There’s really no way to consistently tell who the best player was on your team unless you sat there and watched the game . Even then in many circumstances it would  be hard to tell .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,754 posts
21,151 battles

Ranked is not about being fair... It is a mathematical calculation forcing players to progress.

57% of the players in every ranked game either push forward or remain even. Leaving 43% to fall back one star. The irrevocable backstop at rank 12 captures players and then acts as a feeder system to push players into rank 10-6 bracket. Many players will cycle back and forth from 12 to 10 and back to 12 because they may have hit their skill wall. But keep in mind this is a perfect design to keep that bracket full of players allowing those that can games to advance, those that can't recycle and for the most part become fodder to be used.

It really is a good system, at least in making sure there are always new players being fed into the 10-6 bracket by trapping them at 12. Without the star saving system there would not be enough new blood fed to keep ranked going, players simply wouldn't ever advance, even great players would bog down as they would be stuck playing great players and their advance would stall.

At the end of they season you will find players in the 5-2 bracket with really low stats because of how the system forces players forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×