Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

How much will it cost to get the Odin - if you complete all directives?

12 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,827 posts
12,172 battles

Maybe the PTS is just showing a different number because they can or something... but IIRC the final two stages (assuming you can complete all the directive missions,) for the Odin were going to cost around 3,000 doubloons - is that right? I looked around but couldn't find the info on the forums. Anyone got link?

On PTS, the immediate option was this, which is why I asked. Is the 8K dubs just a big boost out of the gate - which might eliminate the need for completing ALL of the directives, plus I'd assume also mean you don't have to pay the 3K at the end too? Can anyone verify or correct me on this?

odin-01.thumb.JPG.4e18f5ccd8e8ed5e0c273ff2ca6d75a2.JPG

• Cool 1

[CAP]
Members
368 posts
15,979 battles

Up side for the whales out there, if you buy the Odin for 8000 + (1750 x 12) = 29,000 dubs; you get 250 steel x 20 for the directives - 5,000 Steel.

[W-P-E]
Members
321 posts
23,568 battles

If PTS values stands, maximum steel for 29000 doubloons is 18 x 250 = 4500 + any clan bonus, or 8000 doubloons you'll get 6 x 250 = 1500 steel + any clan bonus.  

Max is 18 since that's all you get from directives.  

[WPORT]
Members
6,609 posts
11,613 battles

I completed enough of the missions to push through the last two of the 20 phases of Odin construction on the Public Test Server.792348928_Completedall20shipbuildingphasesofdockyardforTier-8GermanBBOdin_05-24-2020_.thumb.jpg.5040ed7f1bb1d6fc121a8116bb41d5cc.jpg

727730237_YouhaveconstructedVIIIOdin-collect-_05-24-2020_.thumb.jpg.039c001227e1dd71079fc484ec28101d.jpg

Early in the construction, I purchased a couple of the phases of construction with PTS doubloons, (1,750 per phase or 3,500 PTS doubloons for two phases).

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles
27 minutes ago, TheArc said:

On PTS, the immediate option was this, which is why I asked. Is the 8K dubs just a big boost out of the gate - which might eliminate the need for completing ALL of the directives, plus I'd assume also mean you don't have to pay the 3K at the end too? Can anyone verify or correct me on this?

I will have to wait for round 2 of PTS to verify this but based on what I've seen I'm 90% sure that if you buy the starter pack then you don't need to pay; you grind 12 tokens to get the Odin and more tokens to earn steel (assuming this is implemented on Live). Basically all phases are identical, and you finish each either by using a Token or 1750 doubloons ($7). You can only earn 18 tokens so you have to spend at least 3500 doubloons which amounts to $14. It does not matter if you spend money on the first 2 phases and then grind or the other way around.

So here is a quick strategy guide if you want the Odin:

• If you are sure you can earn 18 tokens and want all the steel, buy the starter pack, pay 12 x $7 for the remaining phases, then grind all 18 tokens
  • If you are sure you can earn 18 tokens and want some steel, buy the starter pack and grind the remaining phases
  • If you are sure you can earn 18 tokens and don't care about steel, grind up to phase 18 (skip the starter pack) and buy the remaining phases for $14
  • If you are not sure you can earn 18 tokens but sure you can earn 12, buy the starter pack and grind the remaining phases
  • If you are not sure you can earn even 12 tokens, then only buy the starter pack if you are willing to paying the rest of the price later on
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,304 battles
3 minutes ago, Baritone4 said:

I will have to wait for round 2 of PTS to verify this but based on what I've seen I'm 90% sure that if you buy the starter pack then you don't need to pay; you grind 12 tokens to get the Odin and more tokens to earn steel (assuming this is implemented on Live). Basically all phases are identical, and you finish each either by using a Token or 1750 doubloons ($7). You can only earn 18 tokens so you have to spend at least 3500 doubloons which amounts to $14. It does not matter if you spend money on the first 2 phases and then grind or the other way around.

• If you are sure you can earn 18 tokens and want all the steel, buy the starter pack, pay 12 x $7 for the remaining phases, then grind all 18 tokens
  • If you are sure you can earn 18 tokens and want some steel, buy the starter pack and grind the remaining phases
  • If you are sure you can earn 18 tokens and don't care about steel, grind up to phase 18 (skip the starter pack) and buy the remaining phases for $14
  • If you are not sure you can earn 18 tokens but sure you can earn 12, buy the starter pack and grind the remaining phases
  • If you are not sure you can earn even 12 tokens, then only buy the starter pack if you are willing to paying the rest of the price later on

Ah, so i need to spend the 3500 dubs AT THE BEGINNING. Thanks! That wasn't clear to me.

• Confused 1

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Ah, so i need to spend the 3500 dubs AT THE BEGINNING. Thanks! That wasn't clear to me.

No, no, you can spend the 3500 any time you want during the 2 patch event and it's safer to wait until you get all 18 tokens before you spend your money.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,416 posts
19,183 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Maybe the PTS is just showing a different number because they can or something... but IIRC the final two stages (assuming you can complete all the directive missions,) for the Odin were going to cost around 3,000 doubloons - is that right? I looked around but couldn't find the info on the forums. Anyone got link?

odin-01.thumb.JPG.4e18f5ccd8e8ed5e0c273ff2ca6d75a2.JPG

According to the WOWS pod cast... Once the CM are completed... You'll get a tier 8 ship at a reduced price of a tier 5 premium. Not free.

• Confused 2

[WOLF8]
Members
7,591 posts
6,363 battles
23 minutes ago, Baritone4 said:

That was super informative. Thank you for that summary. :Smile_Default:

I am really hoping that I end up in the 4th category. There is no way I can earn all 18 tokens with my daily schedules, but I really don't want to end up in the 5th category. :Smile_sad:

Why can't WG just sell Odin in the Premium shop, like they normally do with other Premium ships? I'm really not liking this hoops that I have to jump through to get myself a discount... and because of the ridiculously overinflated starting price, I really need to get a lot of tokens to just get a reasonable one. Thankfully, the Starter Pack does seen to help a long way with that, but still, it still can be a long shot for people like me. :Smile-angry:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles
12 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

That was super informative. Thank you for that summary. :Smile_Default:

Sure thing :cap_like:

13 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Why can't WG just sell Odin in the Premium shop, like they normally do with other Premium ships?

My theory is that they don't want to devalue the dockyard event or future events of this sort. So I would speculate that she will make it to the armory/premium shop eventually but they will not announce if or when any time soon. 

[FORM]
Members
1,827 posts
12,172 battles
7 hours ago, Baritone4 said:

I will have to wait for round 2 of PTS to verify this but based on what I've seen I'm 90% sure that if you buy the starter pack then you don't need to pay...

Great info. Tnx.

6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

According to the WOWS pod cast... Once the CM are completed... You'll get a tier 8 ship at a reduced price of a tier 5 premium. Not free.

Where did I write anything about free?

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Sign in to follow this