You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

Another free three day rental

9 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,799 battles

U.S.S.Kidd, ok it goes faster than my Nicholas does, has more torpedo tubes, better looking.........why does it seem my Nicholas has more firepower? I was just in the first battle with it and so far that can take it back

[NSEW]
Members
2,115 posts
11,380 battles

I kidd you not, please do proper research prior to committing.  You may (or may not) get buyers remorse.

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
2,799 battles

I've played three battles with it, as far as I'm concerned its a piece of junk my Clemson is better, my Nicholas could sink it in three minutes, taking 2 and a half to find it and another 25 seconds to aim

I think I'll just let the rental run out

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Kidd is about AA and not much else from what I understand. Not a bad ship, but nothing to write home about.

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
73 posts
19,412 battles

USS Kidd is one of the best Tier 9 destroyers in game at Tier 8 with a heal. You sacrifice one rack of fish for this. Kidd is not for everyone, but she is a very fun ship when you play to her strengths.

Being able to smoke up and separate from an opponent and come back healthy is very powerful in a high tier fight.

[RLGN]
Members
14,960 posts
26,494 battles

If OP means five guns versus four; a Kidd would murder a Nicholas.

If a Nicholas was that good; and fail divs were still a thing, I'd say try to play a Nicholas in a Tier 8 game and see how long it lasts.

[PVE]
Members
6,956 posts
22,742 battles
2 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

U.S.S.Kidd, ok it goes faster than my Nicholas does, has more torpedo tubes, better looking.........why does it seem my Nicholas has more firepower? I was just in the first battle with it and so far that can take it back

(Queue that guy that start everything w/"In a World...)

In a World where CVs troll DDs the Kidd was born...& the CVs cried foul.

The Kidd is designed to troll planes. Massive AA for a DD.

It's actually a Fletcher w/1 less torp rack & 1 less gun that has a lot of extra AA to "balance" it out...& in the right scenarios (games w/CVs) fills a niche.

(Actually it was born "In a World" where CVs trolled other ships as well as DDs...aka pre-rebork...but still fills the bill w/the DFAA oprion.

Don't actually own it so not sure of it's capabilities other than from forum posters actually.