You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

The case for Wisconsin or New Jersey?

27 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
5,419 posts
8,907 battles

We’ve had it confirmed by WGNA staff that the USS Missouri was pulled from circulation because of her massive innate credit multiplier, and not because of her stats or performance. She’s also been unavailable for long enough that a fair number of players never had a real chance to obtain her. 

With those points in mind, how would you feel if WG introduced the USS New Jersey or USS Wisconsin as a tier IX free XP battleship, being more or less a clone of USS Missouri but with a lesser credit multiplier? As we already have USS Georgia in that spot, this theoretical situation would exist after WG rotates Georgia out of availability. 

Edited by SkaerKrow
M gud spelr
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
18,412 battles

they could 

i doubt though

if it's to be another iowa class, im guessing it would have some other gimmick, not radar

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles

How about we just fix the Missouri and make it obtainable once again?

This whole thing of them not fixing a premium with a problem is cancer to the game, which is why it keeps coming up on the boards consistantly.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 7

[SALVO]
Members
25,515 posts
27,504 battles
47 minutes ago, Tyberius_D said:

This whole thing of them not fixing a premium with a problem is cancer to the game, which is why it keeps coming up on the boards consistantly.

The Missouri's "problem" is not one of it being OP in combat, but an OP credit earner.  Regardless, some who got the Missouri might feel slighted to lose its superior credit earning benefit.  It wouldn't bother me much though because I've never played the Iowa/Missouri well at all.  They've never clicked with me for some reason, so I've never been able to maximize its credit earning potential.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,306 posts
12,208 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

With those points in mind, how would you feel if WG introduced the USS New Jersey or USS Wisconsin as a tier IX free XP battleship, being more or less a clone of USS Missouri but with a lesser credit multiplier? As we already have USS Georgia in that spot, this theoretical situation would exist after WG rotates Georgia out of availability. 

but whats their gimmick over Iowa, Missouri and Georgia? thats what im curious about, perhaps a built in commander XP modifier on the camo to make it a better captain trainer?

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The Missouri's "problem" is not one of it being OP in combat, but an OP credit earner.

I'm aware

17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Regardless, some who got the Missouri might feel slighted to lose its superior credit earning benefit

I absolutely do not care if it makes people mad. If WG can get 1.01 people to send money on a released Missouri than people they upset, it is better for the company.

In the terms of combat OP ships, if they can do that and balance it, it is without question worth taking the hit. A balanced game means more players and more customers.

• Boring 2

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

With secondary builds on Georgia and Massachusetts being so popular I'm speculating a USN BB line split within the next year including either New Jersey or Wisconsin at T9. They'll get lower sigma than the Iowa but better secondaries.

• Cool 1

Members
948 posts
2,321 battles

We’ve had it confirmed by WGNA staff that the USS Missouri was pulled from circulation because of her massive innate credit multiplier, and not because of her stats or performance. She’s also been unavailable for long enough that a fair number of players never had a real chance to obtain her. 

Ok makes more sense than releasing a paper/fantasy ship. Then again Georgia is probably the only state they can do that with because it wasn't a dreadnought, titular pre dreadnought(like Virginia and Connecticut) nor a Montana class, so the only way Georgia was ever getting a BB was through paper/fantasy. But now that's out of the way next up on the USN BB queue could be a third Iowa. Thinking a T8 Washington would be the next logical choice IMO(most important USN BB not in the game IMO) but that's a good either or.

USN premiums are important cause the US BB line has such a slow start and it's one a lot of American BB players aren't going to do. People loved the Arizona so they should totally do more. 

I think the Missouri should be released at some point in the future though because it's not just another Iowa class its where WWII ended and it's a pretty important ship. I would just take away the credit multiplier and grandfather the old Missouri's in though. Like others said a new Iowa should have a gimmick or be slightly better. Iowa and North Carolina are at the bottom of their tiers stats wise, there's lots of room to rework them. 

Edited by Aristotle83
  • Boring 3

[SIM]
Members
5,419 posts
8,907 battles
31 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

but whats their gimmick over Iowa, Missouri and Georgia? thats what im curious about, perhaps a built in commander XP modifier on the camo to make it a better captain trainer?

Nothing necessarily, it could just be a move to bring Missouri’s gameplay back to the masses without the problematic economics. Missouri is the only ship to be reserved for non-gameplay related reasons, and because she has two sister ships that were built and served but aren’t in-game, it seems like they could easily bring her gameplay back without stepping on any toes. 

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,246 posts
8,384 battles

We’ve had it confirmed by WGNA staff that the USS Missouri was pulled from circulation because of her massive innate credit multiplier, and not because of her stats or performance.

Strange....Sub_Octavian has explicitly stated otherwise in the past.  

• Confused 1

[SIM]
Members
5,419 posts
8,907 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

Well, Hapa said otherwise quite recently. 

[HELLS]
Members
2,733 posts
28,934 battles

Leave well enough alone. They  pulled  Belfast from the premium shop because she was ''OP'' (like Hell she is-just another mid-tier CL that can be countered by decent players at this point). Just leave Missouri in the supercrate rotation. I was pissed when they pulled Missouri because I was about to get enough FXP to get her with the next day or so. Enough is enough!

• Boring 1

Members
2,113 posts
32,606 battles

The Missouri fix is easy to make available once again if it is due to credit earning:

Nerf the Missouri credit earning to normal levels but keep radar consumable.

For all current owners, they get a special camo that maintains the credit earning potential if it is mounted.

Missouri goes well into the shop at some absurd valuation and generates sales for WG. Newer players get a chance for Mo. Existing owners keep what they got. Everyone wins.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,913 posts
12,319 battles
4 hours ago, jason199506 said:

they could 

i doubt though

if it's to be another iowa class, im guessing it would have some other gimmick, not radar

The radar could be a different version. Without the radar she would be relatively handicapped/lackluster when compared with the competition. you have to keep in mind, it was the credit earning, not the radar for which Missouri was yanked from the store. New Jersey/Wisconson could have access to Radar and spotter plane or Radar and Improved secondaries. Either or, they'd be a good alternative for those who want a battleship and not a post treaty heavy cruiser.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,007 posts
10,437 battles
4 hours ago, Tyberius_D said:

2 hours ago, Tyberius_D said:

In the terms of combat OP ships, if they can do that and balance it, it is without question worth taking the hit. A balanced game means more players and more customers.

Hear, Hear! :Smile_great:

(I’m out of +1s)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,306 posts
12,208 battles
2 hours ago, yashma said:

and Sub Oct was lying, EVERYONE knows it was because of Mo's credit printing, her radar had nothing to do with it, if you got into radar range for the Missouri,save for it being behind an island and you not being able to see it, that was your fault and your fault alone because you'd have visual of her for a whole 2-3km before you got into her radar range, Sub's "its was her battle influence" line is complete horse (edited) its because Missouri made it to where you didnt need premium time just so you could have enough credits to play your T9s and T10s, and that would be costing WG money from everyone without a Missouri buying premium time if they didnt get rid of it

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,364 battles
4 hours ago, PhosphorusForFun said:

People would still complain about how they don’t have the Missouri.

This AlabamaST all over again.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,272 posts
24,681 battles
5 hours ago, Tyberius_D said:

Other than her not being available for purchase, exactly what's the problem with Missouri?

Members
103 posts
2,727 battles

Wisconsin only if they add an Eaton to run over.

Otherwise, Black Dragon please.

[PHU]
Members
239 posts
5,208 battles

I would love for New Jersey to be in the game.

Spoiler

It won't stop people from asking for Missouri to return though.

6 hours ago, yashma said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

The Missouri fix is easy to make available once again if it is due to credit earning:

Nerf the Missouri credit earning to normal levels but keep radar consumable.

For all current owners, they get a special camo that maintains the credit earning potential if it is mounted.

Missouri goes well into the shop at some absurd valuation and generates sales for WG. Newer players get a chance for Mo. Existing owners keep what they got. Everyone wins.

As easy as this sounds, I think I remember someone spending hundreds of dollars to roll a Missouri from loot boxes last year. It's a bit hard to tell which group makes more money; a minority of whales who throw money or a majority that make straight purchases. I'm guessing WG prefers the former.

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Other than her not being available for purchase, exactly what's the problem with Missouri?

Earns too many credits

If you think it not being available for purchase is not a problem you have a bad business sence. Any ship that is no longer up for purchase is money not gained for the company and a customer unhappy because the demand was not filled.

Edited by Tyberius_D
  • Cool 1