Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
macktkau2

Kremlin Full Tank Build?

10 comments in this topic

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles

I'm getting close to unlocking my Kremlin (I could buy it now by exchanging some Soviet tokens but I'm about to go to bed). My eventual goal (I'm about 55k coal away) is to get Kuznetsov to captain it, and hopefully scrounge up enough free dubs for a perma camo (or get another one like the Halloween or New Year camos).

I was mucking around in the Test Server and played a random game with the following build in a Kremlim (and a few co-op games). I took an absolute pounding (had about 2.5 million potential damage flung at me) but didn't sink until the very near end of the game, despite being focused by a carrier while pushing and destroying a flank, and then getting attacked by an enemy BB and a couple of kiting cruisers. It also did a huge amount of damage.

Upgrades:

1. The Damage Control Party Mod 1 - 17k coal upgrade.
  2. Damcon 1
  3. Aiming System 1
  4. Damcon 2
  5. Ship Consumables 1
  6. Main Battery 3

Cap Skills:

1. Priority Target
  2. High Alert
  3. Superintendent
  4. Fire Prevention
  5. Basics of Survivability
  6. Jack of All Trades
  7. Adrenaline Rush
  8. Expert Marksman.

edit - I ended up deciding to get and Expert Marksman instead of Survivability Expert & Preventative Maintenance.

With appropriate flags, these upgrades make Damage Control last 15.4 seconds with a 34 second reload, the repair lasts almost 3 seconds longer than normal, giving more healing (almost entirely snuffing out the damage from a single fire for example) and reloads in 68 seconds. It also has 111,800 HP. The other Cap skill option I'd consider is removing Survivability Expert & Preventative Maintenance and taking Expert Marksman & High Alert instead. The extra 12 seconds of heal at 0.6% per second is worth 7797 HP. I like having hit points. I like healing them. They stop me from dying.

It's big trade off is concealment is not buffed beyond whatever camo it has. 16.53km instead of 13.39 km. I have never particularly cared about BB concealment. I've spent most of my time playing BB's tooling around in a 39knot Georgia or secondary German BB's. If I need to conceal I'm usually more likely to do it with cover in any class and if I'm running away in a Kremlin I would think something has gone horribly wrong.

The other one is there's no Expert Marksman. But I didn't seem to lack much in the way of turret traverse in my test game.

I'm curious how others would see this build. I've really enjoyed the Soviet BB line, so much so that I abandoned my previous plans to grind up my Iowa or Richelieu and will probably go back to a cruiser line instead of starting the Japanese BB line. I like their ability to take hits, and I'm okay with the lack of gimmicks compared to other ships.

image.thumb.png.2896593fe948f3edfc21c01784e33442.png

Edited by macktkau2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,851 posts
22,679 battles

is this for PVP or PVE only?  Or both?

SE on a Battleship isn't a sound route.  The gains on a BB are miniscule whereas on a DD it's a big deal, especially in Tier X.

[WOLF5]
Members
926 posts
8,085 battles

I use what is generally regarded as a "Standard BB" captain build consisting of the following:

PT

EM, AR

BOS, SI

FP, CE

I also take the Concealment module among the upgrades.

Good luck with your builds and testing....

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,655 posts
17,988 battles

SE on a battleship is a waste of points, imo.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,100 posts
4,678 battles

I would drop that SE for sure. In its place take either Concealment Expert, or Expert Marksman and High Alert (drop your choice of tier 1 skill). Personally for randoms I'll run concealment expert and for ranked I run the full tank build with high alert and jack of all trades. Minimum DCP cycle time is fantastic. 

Conceal upgrade in slot 5 is also viable. I would suggest doing the concealment mod when you take the skill, or take the consumable mod when you go with the HA/JoAT combo. Either go all in concealment or all in for your repairs.

[PVE]
Members
5,271 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

I'm getting close to unlocking my Kremlin (I could buy it now by exchanging some Soviet tokens but I'm about to go to bed). My eventual goal (I'm about 55k coal away) is to get Kuznetsov to captain it, and hopefully scrounge up enough free dubs for a perma camo (or get another one like the Halloween or New Year camos).

I was mucking around in the Test Server and played a random game with the following build in a Kremlim (and a few co-op games). I took an absolute pounding (had about 2.5 million potential damage flung at me) but didn't sink until the very near end of the game, despite being focused by a carrier while pushing and destroying a flank, and then getting attacked by an enemy BB and a couple of kiting cruisers. It also did a huge amount of damage.

Upgrades:

1. The Damage Control Party Mod 1 - 17k coal upgrade.
  2. Damcon 1
  3. Aiming System 1
  4. Damcon 2
  5. Ship Consumables 1
  6. Main Battery 3

Cap Skills:

1. Priority Target
  2. Adrenaline Rush
  3. Superintendent
  4. Fire Prevention
  5. Basics of Survivability
  6. Jack of All Trades
  7. Survivability Expert
  8. Preventative Maintenance.

With appropriate flags, these upgrades make Damage Control last 15.4 seconds with a 34 second reload, the repair lasts almost 3 seconds longer than normal, giving more healing (almost entirely snuffing out the damage from a single fire for example) and reloads in 68 seconds. It also has 111,800 HP. The other Cap skill option I'd consider is removing Survivability Expert & Preventative Maintenance and taking Expert Marksman & High Alert instead. The extra 12 seconds of heal at 0.6% per second is worth 7797 HP. I like having hit points. I like healing them. They stop me from dying.

It's big trade off is concealment is not buffed beyond whatever camo it has. 16.53km instead of 13.39 km. I have never particularly cared about BB concealment. I've spent most of my time playing BB's tooling around in a 39knot Georgia or secondary German BB's. If I need to conceal I'm usually more likely to do it with cover in any class and if I'm running away in a Kremlin I would think something has gone horribly wrong.

The other one is there's no Expert Marksman. But I didn't seem to lack much in the way of turret traverse in my test game.

I'm curious how others would see this build. I've really enjoyed the Soviet BB line, so much so that I abandoned my previous plans to grind up my Iowa or Richelieu and will probably go back to a cruiser line instead of starting the Japanese BB line. I like their ability to take hits, and I'm okay with the lack of gimmicks compared to other ships.

image.png.0653403a47dc9ba6cead9bd4af2c8274.png

New skill since I last played...what does high alert do exactly?

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,078 posts
10,231 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

New skill since I last played...what does high alert do exactly?

-10% of the Damage Party Repair consumable.

e.g. was 40sec reload timer, now 36 sec.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,271 posts
22,432 battles
1 minute ago, madgiecool said:

-10% of the Damage Party Repair consumable.

e.g. was 40sec reload timer, now 36 sec.

Oops...that ain't new...just brain farting on the name (sorry for the smell...& thanx for the reminder).

But yes...EM & HA would be better options although PM is not a bad skill but unfortunately there isn't another worthwhile 1 point skill if you just remove SE & take EM.

Not sure what the turret traverse is on Kremlin so not sure how valuable EM is on it (although it is usually my 1st 2 point skill on just about any BB) but even BFT is a better option than SE for a 3 point skill on a high tier BB.

• Cool 1

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles

I just had a look and the Kremlin turret traverse is better stock than Georgia's is with Halsey's improved Expert Marksman and the turret traverse modification. :fish_viking: And it's only slightly slower when you take the Reload buff/traverse nerf mod in Slot 6 then if you took EM as well it would be back to being faster than the Georgia. That is obviously why I thought it was pretty good already when I tested it, as it's slightly faster than what I'm used to on Georgia.

Looking into it more yeah I think Survivability Expert is the wrong move as it will cause fire damage to hurt a lot more. I will ponder the High Alert/EM combo.

Edited by macktkau2

Members
829 posts
4,668 battles

This ship is ridiculously good and I don't even have Kuznetsov or the High Alert & Jack of All Trades on my current 15 point captain.

I got within a whisker of getting 6 kills as a Georgia got very lucky with overpens/richoets after it nearly rammed me, and then as the game ended on points I would have been able to destroy an Alaska and the Graff Zepplin that had just both popped out from behind an island, I'd use all 4 repairs and still had half my health and a couple of damage controls. I got my engine killed twice in the space of a minute, one right after the other when my damcon was down, so I couldn't push into the last flag.

It absolutely smashed my damage record (previously 225k with a Georgia). 71k on a Thunderer (12 hits), 60k in a Bridinsi that kited me far too long, 28k and 26k with the kills on a Cleveland and Des Moines that thought they could 1 v 1 me with half their health left, then 22k on that Georgia and 31k into a GZ in one salvo that was unfortunately not to get any cits. Plus killing 18 of his planes. I basically held the entire right flank with one ship for support, and a CL that stayed on the cap that helpfully killed the two DD's that were trying to torp me). 2.4 million potential damage, and having actually taken 166k damage total (37k HE, 13k SAP, 47k AP, 14k Torps, 7k from one damn bomb, and 45k from fires).

That haul is without premium, and having lost. After 10 battles I've got a 70% WR with 100k Average Damage.

image.thumb.png.1e3d0dd43dc519c3adf9ddd6ec394a83.png

Edited by macktkau2

Sign in to follow this