You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SquirrelBytes

Does anyone else feel ripped off lately?

48 comments in this topic

[HAVC5]
Members
67 posts
1,545 battles

In the 0.9.5 release the Moskva camo people paid for with real dollars will be given out free. I will not be spending money on camo anymore. If I cannot rely on something maintaining it's value to me I am not going to buy it. 

Edited by SquirrelBytes
Removed irrelevant statements.
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 4
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 5

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,689 posts
19,844 battles

Smolensk apparently exists in a state of quantum flux where she's simultaneously useless and cancerously OP.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 1

[-ICE-]
Members
418 posts

I wanted another BB to play in Naval battles a country I didnt have or the other clan member didnt have so I bought (spent almost 50) on a Roma after blowing 50.. its not even allowed to be used in the Naval battles which I bought it for.  There reasoning is there is no tech tree ships for italian BB's but honestly what the heck is the diffrence?  If someone wants to BUY a ship and has 50 to spend what is the diffrence if there is a tech line or not... its a premium ship either which way you look at it...  idk  a warning while ur buying it that says where you may and maynot use the ship...  wth why spend money to buy a ship with restrictions  MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL  I got totally blindsided..  not to mention i spent to get Luigi for it.  I mean ya its a nice ship but has lousy poor garbage secondarys its not what I expected for the money.  I pulled my paypal I will be dammed if i spend another penny

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles
9 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

. its not even allowed to be used in the Naval battles which I bought it for.  There reasoning is there is no tech tree ships for italian BB's but honestly what the heck is the diffrence?  If someone wants to BUY a ship and has 50 to spend what is the diffrence if there is a tech line or not... its a premium ship either which way you look at it...  idk  a warning while ur buying it that says where you may and maynot use the ship...  

It would give people who pay for their ships an unfair advantage in naval battles. Pan Asian Bbs, Italian BBs, Pan EU BB, Pan American Cruisers, German CV, the list of solo premiums is endless. People can buy premiums for reasons other than naval battles.

Italian BBs have never been included in naval battles, and they wont be until (if) we get Italain BBs in the tech tree. 

• Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
12,557 posts
26,108 battles
  • In respect to IFHE changes? = no
  • In respect to what WG is doing with the Moskva perma camo? :etc_swear: YES I am being ripped off.
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[-ICE-]
Members
418 posts
2 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

It would give people who pay for their ships an unfair advantage in naval battles. Pan Asian Bbs, Italian BBs, Pan EU BB, Pan American Cruisers, German CV, the list of solo premiums is endless. People can buy premiums for reasons other than naval battles.

Italian BBs have never been included in naval battles, and they wont be until (if) we get Italain BBs in the tech tree. 

whats the diffrence.... if someone wants to spend 50 bucks on a ship what is the diffrence what country.. tech tree or not?   explane the unfair advantage??  Its allowed in clan, its allowed in Ranked.. what is the unfair advantage in Naval...  explain it...   I know what they keep saying but I dont see the unfair advantage.  a money premium is a money premium anyway you look at it

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,959 posts

Smole doesn't seem useless.  If I want to start fires for a mission, I play smole.  It then starts about 23451342 fires and I am done.

• Funny 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles
17 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

what is the unfair advantage in Naval...  explain it...   I know what they keep saying but I dont see the unfair advantage

There is no skill involved. In CBs and ranked you may have a premium ship but you still have to play it well and perform against other players. For naval battles, having a premium ship means you can gain direct benifits and points that someone who did not fork over the money can not earn. 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Funny I've had the Moskva for a while now and don't feel ripped off about the camo decision. Here's something to make you feel better about the camo.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 7

[5D]
Members
1,102 posts
14,283 battles

smolensk with IFHE wouldnt pen BB anyway before the rework you were just losing fire chance ...

[WOLFC]
Members
1,992 posts
10,430 battles
39 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

whats the diffrence.... if someone wants to spend 50 bucks on a ship what is the diffrence what country.. tech tree or not?   explane the unfair advantage??  Its allowed in clan, its allowed in Ranked.. what is the unfair advantage in Naval...  explain it...   I know what they keep saying but I dont see the unfair advantage.  a money premium is a money premium anyway you look at it

It would give one of the clans in the matchup an extra category to earn stars in because their clan members spent money. By restricting Naval Battles to only lines that have a presence in the tech tree, it creates a level playing field. In your example, your clan would have an advantage because you spent money to purchase Roma and thus be able to earn stars in an Italian battleship category.

As it stands German CVs, PA cruisers and BBs, Italian BBs, EU BBs, and Commonwealth cruisers and DDs are excluded for this reason. If you look at the Naval Battle section of your port screen, you will see that these areas are blank.

Edited by Nevermore135

[-ICE-]
Members
418 posts
12 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

It would give one of the clans in the matchup an extra category to earn stars in because their clan members spent money. By restricting Naval Battles to only lines that have a presence in the tech tree, it creates a level playing field. In your example, your clan would have an advantage because you spent money to purchase Roma and thus be able to earn stars in an Italian battleship category.

As it stands German CVs, PA cruisers and BBs, Italian BBs, EU BBs, and Commonwealth cruisers and DDs are excluded for this reason. If you look at the Naval Battle section of your port screen, you will see that these areas are blank.

what advantage?  you need to win a star by gaining XP or whatever the weekly things is.. if u dont get the XP no star...Your playing in normal matches not against a naval team......     regardles wow should state a ship can or cant be used in certine things... how can they take my money the say OH BY THE WAY.. you cant use it where you wanted to.   I dont play clan battles, never played Ranked except this season only play Navals and I cant even use a ship i blew 50 bucks on.  drop it... i was blindsides end of story

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[WOLFC]
Members
1,992 posts
10,430 battles
21 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

what advantage?  you need to win a star by gaining XP or whatever the weekly things is.. if u dont get the XP no star...Your playing in normal matches not against a naval team......     regardles wow should state a ship can or cant be used in certine thing... how can they take my money the say OH BY THE WAY.. you cant use it where you wanted to. 

Each week in Naval Battles you are matched against a random clan. The clan that earns the most stars that week gets additional oil for “winning” the Naval Battle. In your example, your team would get 2 extra “easy” stars at the 300 and 900 base XP threshold (as well as other potential stars, but those ones are easy to get even on a loss) that your opponent would not have access to unless they also spent money. Thus, you spending money would give your clan an advantage, one that is independent of skill. WG tries to minimize PTW in competitive modes, and Naval Battles was introduced as a very casual competive mode for players outside of clan battles and ranked.

In this particular situation, you have only yourself to blame for failing to do your research because WG has never made this secret.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[-ICE-]
Members
418 posts

whatever....  If I dont have say I a German cruzer and the other team does then they have a advantage or if they bought a german cruzer and I dont then my clan has one les easy one... so whats the dif?  You are still limited to only 10 trys...     drop it I feel ripped thats what the OP was asking and I do plus the secondarys are pure garbage.. so even if the first reason holds water the SECOND still has me feeling ripped off  its a premium t8 battleship with secondarys that are junk.  15mm pen and accuracy only 5% fire chance that is horrable (cant eve pen a t6 DD except superstructure) pure garbage and the ones with 25mm pen fire every 12 seconds reload, 2 per side basically 1 if a ship is anyplace caddy corner oh did i mention a WHOLE 5k range  geeze thanks what a huge help in t8 when im put with t10 ships more often then not.  Ya no im not happy I feel ripped.  so live and learn 

Edited by CRZY_TRAIN

[PVE]
Members
1,466 posts
40,680 battles
1 hour ago, SquirrelBytes said:

The IFHE change basically made Flint, Atlanta, Colbert, and Smolensk useless.  In the 0.9.5 release the Moskva camo people paid for with real dollars will be given out free. I will not be spending money on this game anymore. If I cannot rely on something maintaining it's value to me I am not going to buy it. 

No... I got the ships for free and in coop its not as big of a deal as in random.  { Flint and Smolensk }

I never got the Moskva camo.

[WORX]
Members
11,394 posts
19,183 battles

Ripped of over a ship ??? No...

Ripped off that a play style/tactic is being nerf in favor of high Caliber/armor ships ??? Yes.

This is not touching the mess at high tiers...

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,357 posts

Also, Smolensk and Flint are still just fine, just need to hit parts of the target that you can pen... and with high-arcing shells, that's actually not THAT hard.

• Boring 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,242 posts
9,668 battles

Spreadsheet says you are having fun....

[IRNBN]
Members
3,691 posts
10,725 battles
2 hours ago, SquirrelBytes said:

The IFHE change basically made Flint, Atlanta, Colbert, and Smolensk useless.  In the 0.9.5 release the Moskva camo people paid for with real dollars will be given out free. I will not be spending money on this game anymore. If I cannot rely on something maintaining it's value to me I am not going to buy it. 

Atlanta? Haven't played mine since 8.0. What use is an AA cruiser with meh AA?

Smolensk? Never ran IFHE anyway.

Moskva? Yeah, it's a rip-off.

Bright side: Haven't spent a dime since the Puerto Rico fiasco. More money for beer and bacon!

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
6,916 posts
22,666 battles
11 minutes ago, CRZY_TRAIN said:

whatever....  If I dont have say I a German cruzer and the other team does then they have a advantage or if they bought a german cruzer and I dont then my clan has one les easy one... so whats the dif?    drop it I feel ripped thats what the OP was asking and I do plus the secondarys are pure garbage.. so even if the first reason holds water the SECOND still has me feeling ripped off  its a t8 battleship with secondarys that are useless.  

In the Naval Battle tab there is a table of all of the available ship types & nations that can be used.

Can't load the game to check right now but there is a certain amount of different categories all together (for example purposes I'm just gonna say 50 different categories).

Each category has a progression of qualifications that must be met to earn stars in...the basic category is BFXP & the 1st level is 300 & the next level is 900 & etc.

German cruisers are 1 of the categories & there is a free German cruiser line that anybody can progress through w/out needing to spend any money so that is why German cruisers are 1 of the 50(example) options.

There is no free Italian BB line that anybody can grind for to get a free Italian BB so the only way to get an Italian BB is to spend money.

If there was an Italian BB line category added that would allow people that had the money to buy 1 an extra category (51 instead of 50) to grind stars at the cheap 300 & 900 levels & would be a disadvantage to free players as they wouldn't have that extra category (or multiple categories if you include all of the premium ships that have no tech tree branches) where people w/the premiums could farm a bunch of easy 300 & 900 level stars while those that can't afford to pay would need to farm a bunch of extra 1100 & 1300 (also examples as I don't remember the exact amounts of the next levels but the idea is the same) to be able to keep up w/those that bought premiums.

People w/money can still buy a high enough tier premium to avoid the grind for a high enough tier ship to participate in the categories that have a tech tree but those w/out the money can still participate w/just some extra grinding & no money necessary.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

[USCC2]
Members
6,182 posts
3 hours ago, SquirrelBytes said:

Not useless!

I think the Moskva Camo decision is a poor one by WG.

I feel the Atlanta with both the AA and IFHE changes has been beaten severely! And I will not bother buying any 152mm ships from the many Premiums available (but to be honest I have stopped spending a little while back - I have made one purchase since Christmas 2018). Anything else I have has been earned.

As the Atlanta is the only ship I have had from a container (just before the 2 changes lol), I may get the Flint for coal (to put my Capt in it lol). :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1